Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599702 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10575 on: March 17, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »

Nice.

BUT NOW SKYRIM IS CTD-ING EVERY FIVE MINUTES RAAAGGHHH.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's my modlist. The CTD happens basically randomly, after a few minutes of walking around Skyrim. The issues have started to appear very recently, there have been basically no CTDs up to now :c
You're better off googling how to enable Skyrim's error logs and reading that.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:52 am »

Nice.

BUT NOW SKYRIM IS CTD-ING EVERY FIVE MINUTES RAAAGGHHH.
That's my modlist. The CTD happens basically randomly, after a few minutes of walking around Skyrim. The issues have started to appear very recently, there have been basically no CTDs up to now :c
Read this guide, and this guide too. Also, do not use NMM (or wait for 0.5, where they promise same functionality), use ModOrganizer instead. Also, read and use STEP Guide at least up (and including) to "2E.Interface" part. I have a much bigger modlist, and not CTD'ed ever once.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: March 18, 2014, 02:49:13 am »

New Vegas was actually interesting.

Fallout 3 = dad fetch simulator 9000.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: March 18, 2014, 04:08:25 am »

I loved it when James ran out of ammo and resorted to punching radscorpions, mutants, deathclaws and raiders to death with his bare hands. It was glorious.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: March 18, 2014, 05:45:12 am »

My buddy had 3 on Xbox and he started a new game as a punchey type character. This led to us figuring out you could punch out your dad at various parts of the character creation process. At one part, the teen years or something the character punched his dad until he was on the ground unconscious, where the pummeling continued. Then the Dad's assistant walked in and just gave the character a look and said a totally appropriate line I forgot, something along the lines of  "That was rude".  It was really funny.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: March 18, 2014, 10:12:28 am »

Why am I not supposed to use NMM?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: March 18, 2014, 11:11:00 am »

Because when NNM installs mods,  they overwrite loose files from previous mods (which may be better optimized or bug-less. Or may be not). So, in NNM mod installation order is sometimes very significant. ModOrganizer does not ever install anything to the Skyrim folder, instead, order of overwriting is based on the mod position in the list of mods (which can be changed). It also keeps Skyrim directory clean from mods and allows different "modpacks"  (they are called profiles in ModOrganizer).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: March 18, 2014, 02:33:13 pm »

Alright, I've spent a day doing all that, but I don't think I'm going to switch mod managers yet (if this works)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: March 18, 2014, 03:29:09 pm »

Because when NNM installs mods,  they overwrite loose files from previous mods (which may be better optimized or bug-less. Or may be not). So, in NNM mod installation order is sometimes very significant. ModOrganizer does not ever install anything to the Skyrim folder, instead, order of overwriting is based on the mod position in the list of mods (which can be changed). It also keeps Skyrim directory clean from mods and allows different "modpacks"  (they are called profiles in ModOrganizer).
What about manual downloads? That's what I do, does that have the same problems? (I know it does with some scripts, but most stuff I thought it was pretty safe)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: March 18, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »

What about manual downloads? That's what I do, does that have the same problems? (I know it does with some scripts, but most stuff I thought it was pretty safe)
Manual does too as you get those popups to overwrite files, Mod Organizer's system keeps every mod in separate folders and just spoofs the location so incase there is a resource conflict it can be easily identified.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: March 18, 2014, 04:00:11 pm »

So, having moved away from my awesome gaming computer and using a somewhat less awesome laptop, I haven't played this in quite some time. Any tips to get it to run appreciably but not look like Oblivion?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: March 19, 2014, 12:23:34 pm »

No more CTD's \o/

(I crashed once because I ran out of memory but that doesn't count as a random CTD)

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: March 20, 2014, 04:33:29 am »

So, having moved away from my awesome gaming computer and using a somewhat less awesome laptop, I haven't played this in quite some time. Any tips to get it to run appreciably but not look like Oblivion?
It depends on your rig. I've had good fps with texture decreaser mods, and quality was not so bad as it would have seem to. View distances was almost maxed, btw. But it needs fine-tuning in the configuration, set low settings and up the view distances till unplayable fps.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: March 22, 2014, 03:23:43 pm »

Hey, guys. Anyone have any good werewolf mods? I use Royal Bloodlines and Better Vampires for the vampire lord, and was wondering if anything similar is available for good ol' lycanthropy.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: March 22, 2014, 04:12:46 pm »

I suppose Tales of Lycanthropy might do, although I don't how updated it is.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 896