Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598129 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:09 am »

Go into unarmed combat with something that has claws. See who wins.

/facepalm

Punching != Clawing

Unarmed != Punching only

EDIT: Ninja'd... twice. I'm slow.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:58:57 am by Jehdin »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:52 am »

Like Bug Squashing taking a higher priority this time, by having the game always connected to their servers. Yes I'm sure piracy had nothing to do with this decision.

well, from what i read (maybe i read it in a bad way) it doesn't say that you'll have to be connected 24H a day with internet. it just states that, (at least, from what i managed to read) it can be connected to internet continuosly for updates in case of bugs, not that it requires a 24H day connection to play. While they "could" actually go with a 24H a day connection to play, i hope they won't. not for the piracy issues, because, after all, assassin creed 2, from dust, excetera, were all pirated without qualms. and without worries too, even though there "drm" should have been safer.
In the end the drm ends up being a nuisance to those who actually buy the game.
the thing they should do, and i hope is what i managed to understand from that article, is that it doesn't require the connection to play, BUT if you have it, you get the bugs fixed asap. And maybe new content added also? while if you have a pirated version, you end up keeping the bugs and you have to wait for someone to crack the updates. and so on.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2011, 05:44:36 am »

Like Bug Squashing taking a higher priority this time, by having the game always connected to their servers. Yes I'm sure piracy had nothing to do with this decision.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I'm waiting for some clarification on this from Bethesda, the article itself wasn't very clear.

Would be a real shame if they ruined this game by pulling an Ubisoft.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:54:51 am by Jehdin »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2011, 05:59:14 am »

/facepalm

Punching != Clawing

/facepalm

Punching != Clawing
Unarmed Combat != Just punching

Who said Khajiit punch?

/facepalm

Punching != Clawing

Unarmed != Punching only

EDIT: Ninja'd... twice. I'm slow.

/facepalm
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2011, 06:02:42 am »

Why am I in that quotefest D:

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2011, 06:14:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:23:41 am by Jehdin »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2011, 07:43:09 am »

Why am I in that quotefest D:

It was part of a series. The first one was a guy facepalming at me, and the other three are people explaining - all at the same time - why it was silly to do so.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2011, 08:19:37 am »

That 'we have a better plan for fixing bugs' link just sounds to me like "We're gonna tweak things and release the tweak immediately with barely any testing, and people will get it immediately because they're using steam or the xbox, which are usually always online so that people can get achievements." (I can't speak to the PS3, since I've never used one)

Obviously it wouldn't be likely to be able to patch while you were playing unless they've come up with a fancy new method in the game itself to support changing it on the fly somehow, which I kind of doubt.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:21:24 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:43 am »

well, they could always force one of those inter-cell loading screens on you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2011, 10:50:09 am »

Gay marriage? Damnit Bethesda, one second I'm condemning you for dumbing things down, on the other hand I have to applaud  for something.
You see, I have an issue with this. No, it has nothing to do with homosexuality, although the fact that we find out about this first is a bit worrying. It's the implication of a marriage system. Unless they drastically change the disposition system the only way they can ft it in is having it at 100 "will u marry me y/y?". If they do drastically change the disposition system to include relationships they will have to make a bunch of voice samples for every person having such a relationship with you, and they will all likely say the same thing.

I dunno, I just don't feel marriage and romance really fit in with this kind of game. It's open world yeah sure, and there seems to be some focus on making NPC's more interesting this time around, but I can't imagine it working out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2011, 10:58:12 am »

Gay marriage? Damnit Bethesda, one second I'm condemning you for dumbing things down, on the other hand I have to applaud  for something.
You see, I have an issue with this. No, it has nothing to do with homosexuality, although the fact that we find out about this first is a bit worrying. It's the implication of a marriage system. Unless they drastically change the disposition system the only way they can ft it in is having it at 100 "will u marry me y/y?". If they do drastically change the disposition system to include relationships they will have to make a bunch of voice samples for every person having such a relationship with you, and they will all likely say the same thing.

I dunno, I just don't feel marriage and romance really fit in with this kind of game. It's open world yeah sure, and there seems to be some focus on making NPC's more interesting this time around, but I can't imagine it working out.
I don't believe every single NPC is marry-able. I think there are specific ones, remember reading the tweet about it and thinking "Not everyone?". Doing voice samples for each NPC with half a personality would be ridiculous
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:30 am »

Even then, I dunno. Does that mean it'll just be a romantic quest line? Will they just have two gay NPC's each with their own romantic quest plotline? Or just ambiguous either way pay no attention to the player sex stuff like in Morrowind?

Again it's more the implications that they are trying to pull of a romantic quest plotline.I gotta know the details.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2011, 11:24:14 am »

Hmm, having homosexuality the only option for romance would be good game design, since people wouldn't ask why you can't have kids.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2011, 11:45:52 am »

Hmm, having homosexuality the only option for romance would be good game design, since people wouldn't ask why you can't have kids.

I wonder if Quantic Dream could do a homosexual romantic option WAY better then they do their current batch.

Dang it Quantic Dream... Your already established relationships are great... why are your "thrown together" relationships so absolutely horrible?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:08 am »

I thought it was touching when the murder suspect and the woman investigating him made passionate love.

The improvement was when we got to press 'O' to kiss.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 896