Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1600752 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3570 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:25 am »

Lots of Potions / soul gems / misc stuff?
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: December 12, 2011, 01:17:03 am »

I find the game boring now, but I don't want it to end. Need to finish the daedric quests.

Is there a way I can make this game more fun?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: December 12, 2011, 01:56:52 am »

Bear in Face...

Me: *Climbing up hill to road, minding my own business and picking flowers*  "Hey, I think I heard something, sure is a lot of shrubbery here."
Bear: "Roar! I'm in your face!"
Me: "WTF! Don't maul me!"

That was pretty surprising, considering my experience with bears... them mauling my face in 2-3 hits.  I usually have my meat shield, Iona or Lydia standing between me and the hurt...

On another note, I have just learned about the 1 hit stealth kill wonder... Throat Slit.  I love it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: December 12, 2011, 02:03:02 am »

The throat slitting animation looks more like a forehead slitting animation to me. Not too impressed with the kill-cam execution animations. They don't flow.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:50 am »

As far as I've seen, single handed ones and dh-sword ones look kind of weak (except the stabbing ones), but mauls are generally awesome. Especially if you interrupt an NPC battlecry.
"Skyrim belong to th-[JUMPSMASH!]"
"No one bests an-[JUMPSMASH!]"
"Easily block-[JUMPSMASH!]"

Love the Troll/Falmer-type enemies maul animation as well, where you hit them on the legs first and then smash them again on their way down. As I showed before, it sometimes slams them through the floor. You do the same (smash knees, not the same animation) with giants, but there it looks like a crushed knee kills them, which is no good for a finisher, really. There should've been an additional hit to that one, I feel, once the giant's smug face is within my maul's reach.

Worst is maces. Some are good, but most just look like they're so forceless they should just glance off the enemy. Especially dragons. The Draugr one fit my mage, though, because it looks like a opportune but completely amateurish faceslam-move. Maces get no love.

Also admittedly it's more like SKITSMASH but it doesn't sound as nice.
Love, scriver~

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: December 12, 2011, 03:04:10 am »

I seem to get some types much more than the others... may be related to where I like to stand relative to my enemies.

I get gutting and kidney stabbing a lot (which I like), followed by beheading (which I don't like, since the head falls straight down, clipping through the body). You can even behead ghosts... their heads turn non-ethereal and fall to the ground and disappear, leaving behind the ethereal but now headless bodies.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: December 12, 2011, 03:12:01 am »

As far as I've seen, single handed ones and dh-sword ones look kind of weak (except the stabbing ones), but mauls are generally awesome. Especially if you interrupt an NPC battlecry.
"Skyrim belong to th-[JUMPSMASH!]"
"No one bests an-[JUMPSMASH!]"
"Easily block-[JUMPSMASH!]"

The 2H Sword is hilarious when an NPC is impaled by your sword and starts talking trash while lifted off the ground.

It's only a fleshwound indeed.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: December 12, 2011, 03:20:12 am »

The maul beheading one is ridiculous as well, though. I mean, first of all, come on - Maul beheadings? I can't take that seriously, Bethie. Couldn't you at least made it a headsplosion?

As for the animation itself - you tap the guy in the nose with the hammer, causing him to bend over to the side, holding his face, and then you strike his neck. So hard his head is neatly severed like from a damn cut. Really?
Love, scriver~

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:51 am »

Lydia's never reported me on the rare occasions I've stolen things. She is sworn to carry my burdens, after all.

Also, I'm having the same problem as Zangi- I'm mostly capable of dealing with whatever happens to cross my path, but every now and then I'll end up in an especially difficult encounter that I just can't win. I had to savescum at the Potema quest because not only does the final room contain a tough boss monster, it's also home to a veritable horde of harder-than-average draugr and some painful ambient lighting. Deathlords, cool, they're some of the most fun fights I've had in the game. Deathlords with minions, awesome, let's mix it up. Deathlords with minions and a constant unblockable healthsuck? What?

It seems like my problem is definitely low magic resistance, so I pose a question to Bay12 powergamers: what's the quickest and easiest way to up my MR and get back to having fun?
Do peryites quest. Gives you a shield that has an infinite ward against magic up to 50 points of damage. Combine with perks for increased trolling.

From experience I can tell you that this is also a good way to make dragons unhappy with you. I'm sorry, Mr Elder Dragon, did I just accidently block your fire breath without giving a single fuck? Yes, I did.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:27:53 am by zehive »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »

From experience I can tell you that this is also a good way to make dragons unhappy with you. I'm sorry, Mr Elder Dragon, did I just accidently block your fire breath without giving a single fuck? Yes, I did.

For extra points, bitchslap the dragon with the shield once he finishes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:29 pm »

It should be called the shield of ignore dragon.

Dragon: "Hey, I'm talking to you!  You listening to me?!"
Dovahkiin: "What was that?! I can't hear you over my shield of ignore dragon!"
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: December 12, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

No more like: "Talk to the shield, 'cause the head ain't listening."

X)

Also a question, is spell crafting still in the game?
Haven't found it yet if it is, and it sucks if it isn't, miss my paralyzing giant snowball explosion :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: December 12, 2011, 01:45:21 pm »

Nah, Bethesda are trying to discourage any form of creative freedom in their games, I hear they bought the rights to progress quest a few days ago actually.
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

Worse, it could have easily been implemented like enchanting was: you can only make spells using effects you've cast before, and only a certain amount more damage/duration/area, depending on level and perks.

In other news, I have a hard time taking any of the large enemies seriously, as it is incredibly easy to exploit the terrain and their crappy AI to kill multiple giants and mammoths at low levels without taking a single hit.  ::)

Also, regarding the Treasure Map IV bug: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also getting some sort of thing where all the butterflies just freeze in place where they spawned. Not sure if it is an actual bug or just Bethesda being Bethesda, but I'm not about to complain about easy ingredients.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:54 pm »

I mean, seriously. I'm okay with your nudist courier business. BUT WHY ARE YOU NAKED IT IS SNOWING DAMMIT.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 896