Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598758 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11745 on: January 31, 2015, 08:52:21 pm »

The real main character of Tamriel isn't you I found out. You merely play second to the main character, a ruse for the real hero of Tamriel. He is tougher than you, can not die for any reason and can go anywhere and beat down dragons and anything that is thrown at him. He can even go into the deepest oceans, without magic and survive without dying. He can solo hordes of Elves without breaking a threat. Who is he? NOT YOU! You are a mere tool for him for him to accomplish his one goal.

He is...The Courier.

He will find you in the highest mountains, deepest oceans. He will hunt you down in the deepest depths of Tamriel. He will follow you to soul cairn. You can delete him from the game, but he will appear as another version of the courier. You can not kill him, for he can not die. He can beat down dragons, he can take down empires...stronger than the Dragonborn and tougher than any Daedra or old God...

He is...The Courier...and all for one goal...to deliver your letter.

(PS

I was also made aware, he will get the Dragonborn killed as he is in battle. He is rumored to wait till the Dragonborn is in a tough fight that he could lose in...and then he pounces on you to deliver your letter. This is further proof The Courier is the main character, smarter than the Dragonborn and tougher as well. The true hero here, isn't The Dragonborn or anyone else...but The Courier who is the most powerful being in all of Tamriel.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:02:01 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:25 pm »

I'm calling it now, Skyrim's just a fever dream of The Courier after being shot in the head in FNV.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: February 01, 2015, 12:27:53 am »

btw, as far as mods go

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61995/?

Just saw this on the Nexus.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: February 01, 2015, 02:11:15 am »

Well, you know what they say.

Courier.
Go home.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: February 01, 2015, 03:11:23 am »

btw, as far as mods go

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61995/?

Just saw this on the Nexus.

Here are a couple screenshots I took

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/497978/?

and

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/497979/?

As for it being playable on my machine...NOPE. I get 20 FPS on average, and if I look at the ground...I get...30 FPS! WOOO!

I'll see if I can't get 30 FPS average with a bit of tweaking, but I don't think my machine can handle it. Heck my video card was already croaking on it (its 2gb 660GTX, I need a 4gb card and my CPU is shit), left skyrim and GPU drivers crashed :P

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: February 01, 2015, 11:19:56 am »

He is...The Courier.

In other words, he's part of the US Postal Service.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: February 01, 2015, 01:42:35 pm »

The real main character of Tamriel isn't you I found out. You merely play second to the main character, a ruse for the real hero of Tamriel. He is tougher than you, can not die for any reason and can go anywhere and beat down dragons and anything that is thrown at him. He can even go into the deepest oceans, without magic and survive without dying. He can solo hordes of Elves without breaking a threat. Who is he? NOT YOU! You are a mere tool for him for him to accomplish his one goal.

He is...The Courier.

He will find you in the highest mountains, deepest oceans. He will hunt you down in the deepest depths of Tamriel. He will follow you to soul cairn. You can delete him from the game, but he will appear as another version of the courier. You can not kill him, for he can not die. He can beat down dragons, he can take down empires...stronger than the Dragonborn and tougher than any Daedra or old God...

He is...The Courier...and all for one goal...to deliver your letter.

(PS

I was also made aware, he will get the Dragonborn killed as he is in battle. He is rumored to wait till the Dragonborn is in a tough fight that he could lose in...and then he pounces on you to deliver your letter. This is further proof The Courier is the main character, smarter than the Dragonborn and tougher as well. The true hero here, isn't The Dragonborn or anyone else...but The Courier who is the most powerful being in all of Tamriel.)

You can not kill him, for he can not die.
...but The Courier who is the most powerful being in all of Tamriel.
...challenge accepted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: February 01, 2015, 01:51:54 pm »

Too bad the nude courier was fixed. That guy tracked you down, regardless of your location. Remote cavern? Sure. A glacier? No problem.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: February 02, 2015, 02:35:54 am »

He actually made me jump one time when I was sneaking through a deep barrow, very atmospheric, then suddenly the camera whirls around...

And yep, naked that time.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: February 02, 2015, 02:41:53 am »

FONV has made me think the title The Courier or just Courier is far more badass than it really is.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: February 02, 2015, 02:54:13 am »

I'm pretty sure the Courier is an avatar of Talos half the time.

How else does he get you the letters sent by "a friend" (who is much more obviously Talos)?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: February 02, 2015, 10:26:54 am »

Hey Courier! Bay12's got something for you - your eyes only:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: February 02, 2015, 03:32:46 pm »

Change it to a dwarf, and you'll be set. :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: February 02, 2015, 04:32:21 pm »

Looks like Skyrim may have killed a 2nd GPU of mine :P Running fine, get that epic parallax mod...soon after it all goes to hell :( Go figure I try to push too hard and it breaks. Skyrim killed my old crappy 260GTX 896 mb (100% skyrim mods fault :P that video was so old and crappy to mod with rofl. Even vanilla skyrim got 40 fps with that shitty card rofl) and I got an upgrade to a 660GTX lol...but 2gb video ram isn't really enough for a heavy modded game. And my video card gets far too low FPS in all other games I play, so it might have been caused by another reason or just died. It came with factory overclock, and supposedly overclock breaks GPU's a lot quicker than non-overclocked ones.

I know my performance in EVERY game, has been VERY poor compared to what my system should run at. DayZ standalone lags like hell, skyrim is very poor performance even non-modded...a lot of other games (especially those that are graphically intensive) are very bad performance and they used to perform a lot better. Like dayz I never had lag/stutter on me and it suddenly started FPS dropping a lot (from 60 fps average, to 30 fps average and lower in cities)...never did that before.

Here is my system
i5 650 CPU 3.3GHZ (my cpu IS really old and a crappy 1st gen one)
geforce 660GTX 2gb (probably on its way to dying)
8gig DDR3 ram (did ram test, its fine, but it is as old as my CPU)
Windows 7 64bit
no ssd drive
pretty sure onboard sound, as I don't recall ever buying a sound card and I'm 99% sure I never see one get put in when dad is building my PC.
600+ wat power supply (might be an issue, it isn't that old though...same age as my GPU)

So, once I confirm its 100% the GPU (ruled out ram already), I'll be without a PC for a bit till I buy a gtx970 4gb card...and I'll be going with a normal non-overclocked one as I don't want an overclocked one again.

As for what happens. ANY game I play, ANY game...display drivers crash a few minutes in, monitor blacks out and my system freezes...display drivers recover and about half a minute later monitor comes back. If I keep playing the game, the PC locks up...I hear a loud long non-stop high pitched beep (from my speakers) and my PC hardlocks. Then I reboot it, it gets stuck on press any key to continue...reboot again and it goes through. It only happens when the GPU is under any kind of load at all.

Supposedly, I asked on another forum about what it is...and...a GPU doesn't have to have graphical anomalies (mine doesn't) if its broken. It can just cause display drivers to crash and freeze the PC under use. Which I guess does make it harder to test.

I'll be letting my techy dad deal with it though, I know there is a program that stresses the GPU to see if its broken or not...but its likely to 100% break it if its broken. And it will die vastly faster. But it could be a power supply issue or a motherboard issue...maybe hard drive can do that too, but that doesn't seem as likely. I can use the internet just fine, it only happens when playing games.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: February 02, 2015, 04:35:01 pm »

I did notice my GPU vram was hitting cap as soon as I installed parallax mod and going into regular ram usage. Not too long after pushing to get an epic skyrim, my GPU starts crashing display drivers. Then again, could be a coincidence...dayz has performed HORRIBLY in the past couple months and I never had an issue running dayz before.
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 896