Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1598837 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11730 on: January 26, 2015, 04:59:06 pm »

I didn't find LOOT good in a heavy mod list.

Same mods, used LOOT...massive problems in-game. CTDs all over the place and at the menu and in-game, low FPS, bugs everywhere.

New game obviously.

Used BOSS, organized some mods manually...not one problem, good FPS and no bugs everywhere.

That is just my experience for my mod list.

Good, always nice to hear multiple people's experiences. With LOOT being newer I imagine it has a fair amount of problems. I'll give BOOT a run and switch to LOOT if it's not up to the task. What in your opinion is a heavy mod list? 50 to 100 mods?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »

I didn't find LOOT good in a heavy mod list.

Same mods, used LOOT...massive problems in-game. CTDs all over the place and at the menu and in-game, low FPS, bugs everywhere.

New game obviously.

Used BOSS, organized some mods manually...not one problem, good FPS and no bugs everywhere.

That is just my experience for my mod list.

Good, always nice to hear multiple people's experiences. With LOOT being newer I imagine it has a fair amount of problems. I'll give BOOT a run and switch to LOOT if it's not up to the task. What in your opinion is a heavy mod list? 50 to 100 mods?
Yeah, I used LOOT before with no issue...just my particular mods I chose REALLY don't play nicely with it. And I kinda like manually moving my mods anyway. I know where they are, and its nicely organized. LOOT kinda just puts mods all over the place. Plus I had to manually move mods for LOOT anyway.

Also by heavy mod list, do you mean total esms/esps? If so, 50 is really light for me as so many amazing mods for Skyrim that for me personally its impossible to only have that few :P. My current mod list is actually close to 255 esp/esm limit (I think its 255)...I think its 200 or so esps/esms...maybe 190, I'll have to look when I get back on my PC. I know I trimmed it down a lot.

I think a heavy mod list (for me, and its probably different for others) stats at around 100 esps/esms to be honest...after that, most of the remaining mods are mostly fluff and I could probably remove most of the mods past 100 I wanted to. A heavy mod list can also mean a lot of heavy script mods (but I made sure to have as few as those as possible). Game gets really unstable with too many script mods.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: January 26, 2015, 11:07:24 pm »

While not entirely related to Skyrim.

i5 3.3 Ghz CPU
Geforce 660GTX 2gb
Windows 7 64bit
8gig DDR3 ram
No ssd drive

Got a driver download program. Found my CPU, hard drive and sound drivers were out of date. CPU drivers I had were from 2009, hard drive 2008 and sound drivers from 2009.

Program auto installed correct drivers (its a pain in the ass to find CPU drivers or hard drive drivers, the program I used best program ever)...a couple reboots later

Its literally like I just bought a 1000 dollar upgrade.

Skyrim heavily modded, Tropical Skyrim attached went from 25-30 FPS (not playable really) with ENB and 35-40 FPS without ENB...to 50 FPS average with ENB with ambient occulsion and depth of field. Holy mother of crabbypatties...my game plays amazing!

Mount and Blade warband, can easily do 450 battlesize now...it used to lag like hell before

Witcher 2, max settings with 40 fps average

DayZ standalone went from laggy as hell in cities, to completely playable

IOBITS Driver Booster is what I used. And it literally made my PC feel like a 1000 dollar upgrade...it runs better than when I first got it ROFL. Finding drivers is so hard, and to find the correct ones is even harder. Just if you get it, be sure to take off the checkmark to remove that extra program at end of install...I noticed even adobe flash installs crap if you aren't paying attention.

Skyrim is fully playable at 50 FPS now, in a heavy modded game with enb all active...and to do ENB with all features on I'd before get 25 fps...with tropical added it drop to 18-20 FPS.

Its literally like a brand new PC rofl.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: January 26, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »

Total failure to start :P Even after BOSS and LOOT took a crack at it. Deactivating all plugins still result in a game start crash. Currently uninstalling everything to see if my install is damaged or not. Going to install and activate them methodically this time.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: January 26, 2015, 11:23:33 pm »

Total failure to start :P Even after BOSS and LOOT took a crack at it. Deactivating all plugins still result in a game start crash. Currently uninstalling everything to see if my install is damaged or not. Going to install and activate them methodically this time.

That is usually a missing mod master. If you open up Wrye Bash, it will tell you which mod you are missing. But it isn't always a missing mod file, but usually that is it if it crashes on game start up.

Then again, when I used LOOT on my current load order, I had no missing mods and it crashed right at the menu screen. Somehow got past that without changing anything, got in game and everything was fubared...trees were literally giant block picture heads like you might see in warband lol. Tried doing main quest, and dragons were just squares flying around (no missing textures, just literally a black square). Went back to boss, organized it my way and it was all back to normal lol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: January 26, 2015, 11:28:50 pm »

I'm wondering if it could be something else, I basically pulled all the mods that gave anything but unclean errors or warnings. NMM did crash a few times in the process of dl'ing, unpacking and installing mods, so I wonder if I got some corruption.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: January 26, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »

I'm wondering if it could be something else, I basically pulled all the mods that gave anything but unclean errors or warnings. NMM did crash a few times in the process of dl'ing, unpacking and installing mods, so I wonder if I got some corruption.

That could be a likely reason. If you downloaded and installed huge mods with NMM (its fine on smaller mods)...that would very likely be it. Mod organizer is a lot better at installing mods. NMM tends to get problems with downloading AND installing when it comes to the bigger mods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: January 26, 2015, 11:33:08 pm »

Yeah, I definitely think it was iNPC that did it. Has over 2 gigs of data, was what originally crashed NMM in the first place and now it appears to be locked up trying to deactivate it. Just says all mods are queued for action even though it's not actually working on anything.

edit

Well yay, at least my base install wasn't fux0r'd.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:39:35 pm by nenjin »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: January 26, 2015, 11:40:04 pm »

Yeah, I definitely think it was iNPC that did it. Has over 2 gigs of data, was what originally crashed NMM in the first place and now it appears to be locked up trying to deactivate it. Just says all mods are queued for action even though it's not actually working on anything.

Ah, actually when I used to use NMM...it did that on the same exact mod (I downloaded manually, but it messed up installing). I ended up re-doing Skyrim shortly after that...game still worked, but with TONS of ctds so could have been other things on top of that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: January 27, 2015, 01:09:45 am »

Finally figured it. It was Book Covers of Skyrim. Damn my love of literature! Neither LOOT nor BOSS caught its (full DLC) dependencies. And neither did I for that matter.

...and a Hunterborn compat patch, which fixed it for RND, which was pretty much the whole reason to use it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:26:14 am by nenjin »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: January 27, 2015, 02:23:17 am »

Does anyone know of any mods that let you install yourself as king? Personally, I don't like Ulfric OR the empire.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: January 27, 2015, 02:42:02 am »

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41087/?

Probably best one and really only one.

However I don't recommend it. If you don't have a heavy mod list, its probably fine...but it has TONS of scripts if I recall. TONS. If you can't run both Frostfall+Wet and cold, don't get it. If you have those two, remove them if you really want the above mod.

On top of that, the interiors it changes in some places are REALLY ugly. I think it changes some interiors of the barracks (I think the barracks, in the fort/base thing inside solitude) and it looks so damn ugly.

The mod is good in ideas, but its so damn ugly. And some features weren't ever finished, so its a tad weird and buggy at times. But mostly, the things it changes in the gameworld are so ugly. Worse than their vanilla versions...

My advice is to skip it. I really wanted it in my previous load orders, but it just isn't that good of a mod...even if it should really be in the base game...it just wasn't worth it. That and it was updated a long time ago, and so is bound to have TONS of errors and dirty edits and all kinds of things.

Your likely to end up with an unstable game.

Also, the other become a king mods are exactly similar, except less ugly (so there is that)...all of them decrease stability A LOT and cause tons of performance issues.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47:33 am »

If you want to feel like a jarl...there is Tundra Defense and RTS mod which I'd recommend over the above mod.

RTS mod was abandoned, but still really good. You can get a huge city of up to 200 people I guess...to be honest, it used too many scripts so I removed it. Was stable, just added on top of other scripts. A good mod still.

Tundra Defense is what I use, can get armies and citizens in your town...not as big as RTS mod, but the mod itself was finished. My issue becomes that like RTS mod, recruit too many npcs and game lags like hell and I "think" if you actually get too many people (same with RTS) the game save actually corrupts...don't feel like being a test dummy for that.

Those two aren't perfect either obviously, especially since they are likely cause of save corruption (only if you recruit too many npcs...I built a lot of buildings and my save was fine. But my save file size went WAY up after recruiting a bunch in both RTS and TD, and my save broke...but could have been some other mod at the time). However if you skip recruiting (in TD I have 6 guards+merchant and its fine) it won't cause issues. It happened after I recruited 20 guards and then I went on to play another hour or two...

Anyway. Sadly the mod realm isn't that great to become a king or have own city or fort or village...almost if not all decrease stability a lot. It might even be a Skyrim engine problem, and not so much the mod. Skyrim IS pretty much the same engine as Oblivion/Fallout...even Fallout 3 stuff is left behind in it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:13 am »

Hm. I'm trying to use Mod Organizer, but the tutorial isn't working on account of the NMM impersonation not working at all. I can't seem to restart the tutorial anywhere, either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 896