Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1443898 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2325 on: September 28, 2012, 11:22:42 am »

So, a question for the DFHack gods then. My mod is plagued with nakedness issues, is it possible to make a script that  tricks a creature into believing it's wearing something to remove the bad thoughts from nakedness? I found the remove fixnaked script earlier in this thread but that only removes bad thoughts for a few seconds before they start reoccuring.
Nope - the only way to make a creature think it's not naked to actually make it not naked.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:12 am »

So, a question for the DFHack gods then. My mod is plagued with nakedness issues, is it possible to make a script that  tricks a creature into believing it's wearing something to remove the bad thoughts from nakedness? I found the remove fixnaked script earlier in this thread but that only removes bad thoughts for a few seconds before they start reoccuring.
Nope - the only way to make a creature think it's not naked to actually make it not naked.
or remove the tag that causes them to think that... which is I guess [clothed] though I don't know if toady was that dead set in making dwarves cover up their shame and hardcoded it?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 28, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

hrm, I was afraid of that, the [CLOTHING] tag unfortunately does nothing.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 28, 2012, 03:56:00 pm »

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but maybe you want something like QuickFort?
When you make digging designations you can copy it and repeat the same layout onto the world so you dont have to redo it again like making rooms?

Velak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 29, 2012, 08:01:13 am »

You want quickfort.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 29, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »

You want quickfort.
You want macros. They're surprisingly powerful, but surprisingly little-known.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

splinteredmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 29, 2012, 02:02:49 pm »

Do you think it would be possible to create a version of Copy Stockpile that could copy workshop profiles? Would save me a hell of a lot of fiddling about.

Velak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: September 30, 2012, 04:29:46 am »

You want quickfort.
You want macros. They're surprisingly powerful, but surprisingly little-known.

I agree. For some very simple jobs, macros can work fine, and I use them every day. Macros aren't the correct solution for laying out my forts, though.

I personally tend to plan my forts before I ever strike the earth, and with QuickFort I can do anything from simple rooms, to laying out massive multi-z-level complete forts if you want to.  You can set up something, and have to automatically designate down (or up) z-levels. You can have it rotate your designs, and have them auto-repeat in any direction (N, S, E, W, up and down).

The macro editor in DF writes way too much code. I personally find it limited, and not very clean.

But, again, I agree with you. Depending on what you want to do, Macros could be a solution.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: September 30, 2012, 05:33:51 am »

next version of DFhack coming out any say now will have an inbuilt version of quickfort, which, unlike quickfort, is instant.

Velak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: September 30, 2012, 07:00:20 am »

Sweet. I'm looking forward to it!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:17 am »

Oh thank armok!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2336 on: September 30, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »

Hello!

Got a massive update for 0.34.11. Lots of very nice things, including support for ruby scripting, extending the game UI and to some extent messing with game logic. Along with that, more new tools than you can shake a stick at and even more improvements to the old ones.

Enjoy :D

* peterix thanks everyone involved in making this release possible. For a full list of those awesome people, check this file.

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »

Hello!

Got a massive update for 0.34.11. Lots of very nice things, including support for ruby scripting, extending the game UI and to some extent messing with game logic. Along with that, more new tools than you can shake a stick at and even more improvements to the old ones.

Enjoy :D

* peterix thanks everyone involved in making this release possible. For a full list of those awesome people, check this file.

Thank you everyone that contributed to the release, every release is more awesome then the last.

Velak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2338 on: October 01, 2012, 04:36:18 am »

Thanks to all contributors! I've been eagerly awaiting this release. :)

Extra Special thanks for whoever came up with 'rename' for stockpiles and zones!

Now I can actually find them again in the view rooms/buildings menu. (So they're not just listed as 'stockpile #42' or 'zone').

Awesome!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:14:09 am by Velak »

Akjosch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2339 on: October 01, 2012, 07:24:04 am »

Finally I can rename my dwarves (somewhat) easily! Thanks a lot. :)

For the record, those are my current Lua scripts for the surname and family name:

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 373