Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287669 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7020 on: November 17, 2011, 04:29:19 am »

Fili, do you mind if I borrow your regiment on the caravan? I plan to capture the ship with them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: November 17, 2011, 07:14:41 am »

..There isn't even going to be a fight. Though I must say I am deliciously entertained at you calling in favors and throwing out money to no gain.

You call it money-burning, I call it a diplomatic precedence. If Ligoria turns out to be succesful alliance-builder and manages to lead other nations under a common cause, this can be turned later on into a politcal leverage and a way for us to build hegemony or even an empire. What are we doing now is not far removed form the process that led Rome to become the sole power in Italy before Punic wars.

In other words, thanks for being a stepping stone.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:55 pm »

We've managed to write a bit of cannon for the Dragon Empire that'll get posted when this is all over. The position and act Tere is involved in isnt new or uncommon for them. It's entertainment for the High Command. It'll all be interesting how it plays out in the end. I have my 'favored' course of action, but i can't force that on anyone...simply nudge player actions.

On that note: DEAR GOD some of you are easily manipulated. Even given options at least half of you i can assume the correct course you'll take.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »

Right, because Mileth is totally going to back you for stepping in and attacking (when you inevitably do). I've got the whole peaceful occupation going there. Attacking the city isn't such a huge issue, but when you occupy it.. Well, You can expect such shenanigans from the Dragon Empire. We do this sort of thing a lot. When Ligoria does it, its empire building.

Galam? Well we can be entirely sure they -won't- gouge you for military services while at the same time also making its troops available to stop you. Then stopping you themselves if you threaten them.
Moun is a religious city state and won't be assisting you, cause their plots don't intercede with yours.
Fiumefurt has bandit issues.. Or will. But either way cant be sending out troops.

Shola might be able to assist you, but I can counter that with ease.
So few city-states you can rely on for good, no strings attached assistance eh?

What 'alliance' are you even building? You're hiring mercenaries, and creating political debt.
Ligoria isn't in any kind of shape to make an empire. How many PC's have said 'oh well I'll just back the Dragon Empire cause the Queen is such a bitch"? How can you build an empire when the head of that empire loses the favor of PCs? Are the NPC's going to decide 'hey i gotta get me some of that leadership'?

Simply put, I'm going to succeed in my goals. And Ligoria is a long way from making an empire.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: November 17, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

Problem is that you have to be alive to succeed. That won't happen.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:54 pm »

I'd imagine getting assassins into Mileth will be tricky. The doors are not exactly wide open. But worth a shot!

But, I'm worried for Laythe-aside from Nikephoros and Tala who is a hot spy girl for the enemy she is fighting, she doesn't really have many allies.

In any case, Tala Alanis has literally nothing to lose from whatever happens. And alot to gain if she sees an opportunity.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: November 17, 2011, 02:36:10 pm »

Question: We're still going with the Dragon Empire being founded by hatcuri exiles, right?
Question: Would it be possible for Hatcur and the Dragon Empire to ever cease hostilities and take the world together?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: November 17, 2011, 02:50:17 pm »

Yes to Question 1, I would hope.

To Question 2...my personal lore made The Dragon Empire and Hactur mortal and hated foes, with the exiles believing themselves the true royal lineage, and Hactur today being ruled by thieves who stole the thrones from them in a bloody civil war, and exiled them to die. I don't think we've gotten the point of view from the Hactur side, though...

Naturally, neither side is going to ignore the obvious benefits of an alliance, though-especially in the short term, but there is a lot of hatred, racism and propaganda between the two sundered peoples. Long term partnership is extremely unlikely, IMO. Then again, this is only my personal take on it. GM's could go any way.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:51:55 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: November 17, 2011, 03:01:49 pm »

Personally I'm reading it as the Dragon Empire is ruled by said Hatcuri outcasts, and that they rule a sizeable human population, which does most of the majority of the actual work in the empire.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: November 17, 2011, 03:06:23 pm »

I'll cook some lore up when I Retcyl becomes aware of the Dragon Empire's invasion...Their view is much more varied however since Hatcur isn't really one nation ruled by many, but thousands of nations under the nominal rule of the Emperor. Some hate the Dragons[1] while others are willing to reconciliate. Some even want to topple the Emperor and replace him with the Elder Council[2] of old....Which I presume the Exile Princes were part of.

Another question, how common are hatcuri in the Dragon Empire? Are they as common as they're human counterparts, or are they much rarer and made up only of the noble families and their servants? Or are the borders of the Empire all human while the hatcur stay in the capital and the surrounding area?

[1] The hatcuri of the Dragon Empire.
[2] The council of scholars, merchants, priests, and landowners that once acted as a diplomatic stage for the various groups of Hatcur from before the first Emperor was crowned. When the First Emperor took all of Hatcur, the Council was changed to an advisory board of the Emperor as well as a voice for the various groups to the Emperor. They often took power in times of instability and when no Emperor was available. Disbanded for the last two millenium.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

You stole the Elder council idea from Oblivion!

Anywho...Nows the time to put my plan into motion...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: November 17, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

What 'alliance' are you even building? You're hiring mercenaries, and creating political debt.
Ligoria isn't in any kind of shape to make an empire. How many PC's have said 'oh well I'll just back the Dragon Empire cause the Queen is such a bitch"? How can you build an empire when the head of that empire loses the favor of PCs? Are the NPC's going to decide 'hey i gotta get me some of that leadership'?

Simply put, I'm going to succeed in my goals. And Ligoria is a long way from making an empire.

Debt exists only when the other side can enforce a return of the favour and you are inclined to do so. As for the mad queen I got a solution that will make everyone happy. I just need to talk to this no-good dimplomat and wait for a letter reply from Tala.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: November 17, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »

Ahh, I'll handle the reply right now. I didn't know you wanted it IC.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: November 17, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »

Dude, Terenos is right, ol' Nike probably won't outfight/outwit the Artic Fox, if he does, however, it will be looked upon as empire building and rather chaotic for Ligoria.

Anyway, Terenos, how would the Artic Fox feel about secretly allying with Will?

Edit: Edited to be less of an asshole.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:01:10 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: November 17, 2011, 08:00:04 pm »

Ahh, I'll handle the reply right now. I didn't know you wanted it IC.

No rush, besides, you can reply to it however you want. I am not specifically waiting for you, but rather for leone.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 634