Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288839 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4365 on: October 04, 2011, 07:42:37 am »

Whaaat the fuck.

CG, no offence, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the deal is with that painting thingy. I mean, I can sort of see whats going on... except not.
Not that it really matters. I just pour in the ducats and the time, painting happens, and ducats come out, yes?
One question: did I hit the jackpot on my rolls, because 2d per season is a little crazy. Not that I'm complaining, except I sort of am. If I get that sort of stuff regularly I would be earning more than a minor noble, which, uh, might not be all that sensible. If that is an average income, I am only going to paint (for profit) once a year.

Re: EXP: I liked the suggestion that you could only upgrade units after they had been in a battle. No need to keep track of experience, just a constraint on when units can be upgraded.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:04 am »

I think that was the kind of rule we wanted to avoid with the XP system...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: October 04, 2011, 08:30:04 am »

I really want to be clear on this, so that my regiment actually is useful and can contribute to any campaigns that Laythe and Nikephoros might be planning.
And yes, I am a big fan of simple rules this time round. The rest can be fluffed as we go along.  While CG is a great guy for figuring out any rules and all the number-crunching, sometimes this spills out and frustrates others (I remember thatkid getting mad over the numbers because he could not understand them).

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: October 04, 2011, 09:02:29 am »

Damn, I shouldn't have made the men Etiac played with caravan guards. It would be much funnier if Etiac now realized he'd been playing with William's guards earlier.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:07 am »

Well Cyber if the battle system is too much for you i would  volunteer to do the battle rolls (at least were i am not concerned or were others wouldn't mind if i did them)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: October 04, 2011, 10:04:41 am »

Is the card game like blackjack at all, DH, or more like poker?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:07:55 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:23 am »

Is the game like blackjack at all, DH?

The game can be anything you want it to be. Though what I know of Blackjack, not really. More like Texas Hold 'Em poker.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: October 04, 2011, 10:14:09 am »

Can we just say William lost a few silver pieces? Or would you like a roll?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:09 am »

That's fine with me too, as long as I get to flashback to the game and Etiac's winning streak. *shrug*

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: October 04, 2011, 10:20:37 am »

Okay, how about this, Etiac wins the first hand, William the second, Etiac wins again and then again, then William stops the game.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: October 04, 2011, 10:24:05 am »

Okay, how about this, Etiac wins the first hand, William the second, Etiac wins again and then again, then William stops the game.

Alright, sure, if you want to. William could win with a roll though, hint hint.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: October 04, 2011, 10:29:32 am »

I'll go roll it then, would you like me to?
And if you do would you like me to use the simple system or the horribly complicated one i just came up with five seconds ago?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: October 04, 2011, 10:35:16 am »

I'll go roll it then, would you like me to?
And if you do would you like me to use the simple system or the horribly complicated one i just came up with five seconds ago?

Wh.. why have you come up with a horribly complicated system?* I was just thinking of a few rolls! I could've just done them myself!

*Oh, I have to see this. Fire up the horribly complicated system!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: October 04, 2011, 10:54:35 am »

Alrrrighty then, wait a second...
How does this sound for the game, while i'm screwing around with the system a bit?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If so, four cards are drawn for each person, then on a number system the cards are tallied then the bluffs are rolled, then a roll to see if each person asks for a lay down or another draw with a modifier according to the bluffs and the current points. The one with the least points wins and a new hand is drawn. William currently has the poker-face modifier(+1) and Etiac has the played the game before and is good at it modifer(+2)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:58:36 am by filiusenox »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: October 04, 2011, 11:07:44 am »

I don't think Etiac should have more than a +1 modifier from having played before. It's a local game and he hasn't been playing that much. Otherwise, looks good, feel free to roll.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 634