Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289569 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3345 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:47 pm »

Tis a sad thing to see die. But hey, we had a good run. We had an exceptional run. Fun was had by all.

I was discussing this with Cyber not long ago, And it is my opinion that this story should end. This is a poor time of year to start things anew, and a rocky time for keeping things going.  The rules are there, we can always come back when the timing is better.

If any of you would like, I'm totally on board with writing an story post that gives a few paragraphs on what every major character did after the fading of the game.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: September 25, 2011, 04:26:52 pm »

I actually find the wiki pretty helpful and think we do need to edit it, I'll often check it to refer to character and such, before we do start mass editing though I think we should actually launch the second game... also do we want a separate forum for it? Or just keep it on bay12 for now?

Tis a sad thing to see die. But hey, we had a good run. We had an exceptional run. Fun was had by all.

I was discussing this with Cyber not long ago, And it is my opinion that this story should end. This is a poor time of year to start things anew, and a rocky time for keeping things going.  The rules are there, we can always come back when the timing is better.

If any of you would like, I'm totally on board with writing an story post that gives a few paragraphs on what every major character did after the fading of the game.

I think I'd rather continue with it, I think with more support and less dependence it would work... hmm 'spose on the subject of individual character endings my plan was to use my 1 ducat to build an arena and send my men everywhere with posters for a tournament in neutral territory, I was then going to use the money generated from it to support Miring and construct a neutral port which would harbor pirates, people of any religion whatever and just be a banner of freedom.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:32:13 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3347 on: September 25, 2011, 04:29:24 pm »

I actually find the wiki pretty helpful and think we do need to edit it, I'll often check it to refer to character and such, before we do start mass editing though I think we should actually launch the second game... also do we want a separate forum for it? Or just keep it on bay12 for now?

Proboards are free, but we only need like 2 threads right?  OOC and Play.  Course we could have a third written like a real story without rolls, but that's a bit much.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »

...Why would we want a seperate forum for it? Truly I have no idea why people keep suggesting it.
That would just detract from our playerbase/audience, and it probably wouldn't be as good a forum anyway. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »

I pretty much already know what Locanil did so no need for that. Unless you really want to.

We could have a link to the sequel? Oh, do those wikis cost anything to make?

Free.

EDIT: Yeah, a new forum would suck. Also does anyone know how to embed hyperlinks into text in a signature?

So many Ninjas...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: September 25, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

I pretty much already know what Locanil did so no need for that. Unless you really want to.

We could have a link to the sequel? Oh, do those wikis cost anything to make?

Free.

So many Ninjas...

No lives = quick response.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: September 25, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »

...So? 100 years timeskip, we play in another place of the storm coast, technology is about renaissance era... Everyone ok with that?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: September 25, 2011, 04:49:21 pm »

WHUT THA HELLZ.

I go away for one frigging day and then this happened...

Iituem, you were a great GM! Sorry to see you go.

I'd rather continue with it. I liked Kain as a characther. Just the right amount of bound evil personified....
But if the current game ceases then I'd like that to see that the world continues.

Im also sure that if we do cease this current game, then Kain would have made a great family of Elberth, with a load of evil sons trying to bump one another off and surviving and im pretty sure that his grandson- Sir William of the Black Rose- is the spitting image of his grandfather. Except for the black robes and stickthin figure. Rather more muscled, of course, and that the experiments with the dogmen went horribly wrong, resulting in Kain losing his left leg and the caverns that contained said experiment, were filled with molted lead.
Perhaps he even married Kara or something,
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: September 25, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »

Filius, I thought Kain was member some kind of immortal elven race? If you want to keep him as a character, you can just say he is still alive.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: September 25, 2011, 04:52:22 pm »

He's not elven....He can just live longer than a normal human. Also if we're going to make a new game, should we ask Iituem about those plot points he never bothered to clear up like the origin of the hatcuri and Kain's curse?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: September 25, 2011, 05:09:08 pm »

Of course Kain could live to be two hundred years old, he'd be one and twenty six, he would also look 72, but Kain would be insane from the grief of having seen so many of his friends die around him and having history move on without him, losing so many lovers,friends, allies, seeing several generations of kings die.
He'd be bonkers. Plus he's practically a cripple. Best to be the sixteenth son son. Having no authority and no power in the power feuds of the long lived Crow's clan, arriving with only a bodyguard to the new kings house in order to ask for a chance to prove himself
worthy.Providing the service to the new king that the Vadud family have been providing kings the world over for centuries, being an efficient black glove of cruelty and oppression.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: September 25, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »

Of course Kain could live to be two hundred years old, he'd be one and twenty six, he would also look 72, but Kain would be insane from the grief of having seen so many of his friends die around him and having history move on without him, losing so many lovers,friends, allies, seeing several generations of kings die.
He'd be bonkers. Plus he's practically a cripple. Best to be the sixteenth son son. Having no authority and no power in the power feuds of the long lived Crow's clan, arriving with only a bodyguard to the new kings house in order to ask for a chance to prove himself
worthy.Providing the service to the new king that the Vadud family have been providing kings the world over for centuries, being an efficient black glove of cruelty and oppression.

No "king" persay, depends on the city.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: September 25, 2011, 05:12:08 pm »

Ok.....I just PM'd Iituem about a few plot points...Well I see how Kain and the Hatcuri are related now.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: September 25, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

What would be the name of the game? I think the 'You are...' introduction can be a bit misleading.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: September 25, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »

What would be the name of the game? I think the 'You are...' introduction can be a bit misleading.

You are...

Would be perfect.

You are... a banker

You are... a mercenary captain

You are... a wealthy get about who hasn't worked a day in his life and feels entitled to everything and is a spoiled brat who never matured.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 634