Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289609 times)

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3330 on: September 25, 2011, 04:00:14 pm »

I'm up for whatever. Whether it's continuing or starting a new one. I don't really think we should have such a short time jump if we're going to be so close to Elbreth. Either make it somewhere where we don't contact them really, or make it far enough in the future that we can muddle with the history.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: September 25, 2011, 04:00:45 pm »

I don't care alot about how much time is skipped, but if my vote's needed, I'd go for the 100 years timeskip. It will give us a fresh beginning and make it easier for the new players to understand what's happening.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: September 25, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »

Alright well as things seem to be leaning to a big time skip I'll change my mind to a hundred years so as not to be awkward and keep things moving
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: September 25, 2011, 04:04:59 pm »

Sorry to hear that Iiteum, but it was kinda inevitable with all the stuff on your RL plate. :( Good luck with what you're doing!
As for continuing? Well, I'm a pretty rubbish GM, it seems, so who knows. I think I'll focus on actually updating my RtD now. But, I'll probably join as a player, since there were still ideas kicking around in my head! :)
Should be a decent time skip, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3334 on: September 25, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Alright so 100 year time skip, less focus on gaining land and building armies and more focus on I guess trade and gaining power for your own family.

Pre-edit: Yoink you better join this game your character would work 10 times better in this type of environment.

edit-

Suggested character sheet:

Name:

Family-
Shared name:
Title: (barons, citizen, peasant, marque, lord etc.)
Wealth: (in ducats 100 = old 1)

There would be shared family wealth like the king giving money to his disciples, and personal money for whatever.

*still thinking*
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:11:42 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: September 25, 2011, 04:09:42 pm »

Seems the GMs don't want to take the position of Head GM. Perhaps Ghazkull would want to?

If he does not, maybe we'll have to have GM Consuls. One GM for story stuff, another for combat, and another for game mechanics. That would severely lessen the workload and perhaps increase the lifespan of the game.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: September 25, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »

Alright so 100 year time skip, less focus on gaining land and building armies and more focus on I guess trade and gaining power for your own family.

Pre-edit: Yoink you better join this game your character would work 10 times better in this type of environment.

edit-

Name:

Family-
Shared name:

There would be shared family wealth like the king giving money to his disciples, and personal money for whatever.

*still thinking*

Why should we change the focus of the game? Players will decide what they want to do. If we have war lunatics, we'll make war, and if we have charismatic nobles, we'll backstab each others in various castles/balls/villages/ships/farms/taverns.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: September 25, 2011, 04:14:30 pm »

Yar, if you don't GM I think you'll have to be a player, where would we be without your monologues and charchter  :D So when we say a hundred years where are we technology wise? I know we're probably heading the direction of renaissance, but are we talking guns and cannons are standard or are they just coming into general usage with the occasional aquebus? I personally like the idea of a leonardo da vinci time period JUST as a huge period of innovation begins so we can make technology and change in it a larger part of this game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:16:48 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: September 25, 2011, 04:15:47 pm »

Why should we change the focus of the game? Players will decide what they want to do. If we have war lunatics, we'll make war, and if we have charismatic nobles, we'll backstab each others in various castles/balls/villages/ships/farms/taverns.

Huh?  We still have that.  I'm talking more in fighting less nationalism.  City states don't work that way, think Italy or ancient greece.

Yar, if you don't GM I think you'll have to be a player, where would we be without your monologues and charchter  :D So when we say a hundred years where are we technology wise? I know we're probably heading the direction of renaissance, but are we talking guns and cannons are standard or are they just coming into general usage with the occasional aquebus? I personally like the idea of a leonardo da vinci time period JUST as a huge period of innovation begins so we can make technology and change in it a larger part of this game.

Also I second what shootandrun just said.

You hit it on the nose.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: September 25, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »

edit-

Name:

Family-
Shared name:

*still thinking*

I don't think we have to change the ducat thing at all. I know it would perhaps be somewhat realistic to do so, but it does make things more complicated. And we shouldn't be forced into a family, what if I want to play as a foreigner?

STOP BLOODY NINJA'ING
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: September 25, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »

edit-

Name:

Family-
Shared name:

*still thinking*

I don't think we have to change the ducat thing at all. I know it would perhaps be somewhat realistic to do so, but it does make things more complicated. And we shouldn't be forced into a family, what if I want to play as a foreigner?

STOP BLOODY NINJA'ING

You don't have to be, you can be solo or in a family.  Who wouldn't want a trubaldsome as a brother?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: September 25, 2011, 04:20:46 pm »

In terms of character sheets I think all that's needed is to have a character description, mention any details and all that with inquiries/modifications from a GM, we've all done fine so far down the lines of character creation and once we have the core players in it'll be easy to guide new players in.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: September 25, 2011, 04:22:13 pm »

Hey guys, does this mean we have to go on an editing spree on the wiki?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: September 25, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

Hey guys, does this mean we have to go on an editing spree on the wiki?

No, we need that for history or something.  To be honest I never use it, all I know is the swtordm coast is full of city states.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: September 25, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »

We could have a link to the sequel? Oh, do those wikis cost anything to make?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 634