Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286372 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #2145 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »

Please, there is no way to touch Terenos and stay in-character.
This is because he hasn't done anything wrong, at least not in the aspect of which you accuse him. You can hardly complain about the difficulty of framing an innocent man.

A pirate ship attacked Miring's port. Lord Terenos' fleet attacked Miring's port. That's too many details, so they're merged together the further you go from the original source. Thus you get Lord Terenos' pirate fleet attacking Miring's port.
This is plausible, however, as Erik stated, pirate's being involved in the attack is hardly enough evidence to accuse Terenos.
One has to wonder how Aulon knew that Terenos was even involved in the attack, as well, as only the Grand Master and Erik are currently aware that Terenos and Manning were even with the Preston fleet during that time.

In any case, you will need more substantial evidence to frame Terenos. Taric was easy, as he actually did things that require him to be punished anyways; Erik is willing to believe his treachery without capable evidence. Terenos, on the other hand? Not so much. And the King can't afford to start turning on his close allies because of hearsay, especially when that hearsay comes from someone who chose to side with Trubaldsome.

In other news:
All characters need to be accepted now, AFAIK. I think things changed when we started with the OOC thread.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 27, 2011, 02:30:59 pm »

No fantasy races besides Lizard-men, though and magic users have to be approved by a GM.
Says the near immortal elf  :P

EDIT: I always thought mundane character's could be approved by anyone whilst special guys with abilities and stuff only by Iiteum.

EDIT2: Well I figured he was an elf after reading through the OP which said "With the exception of one bloodline of particularly long-lived humans (sometimes called 'elves')"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:35:36 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 27, 2011, 02:32:02 pm »

No fantasy races besides Lizard-men, though and magic users have to be approved by a GM.
Already been established that elves don't exist. He's of a mysteriously long-lived race of humans.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 27, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »

Already been established that elves don't exist. He's of a mysteriously long-lived race of humans.
With pointy ears

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 27, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »

Not a race just a single family line. He's the last of his family.
200 years isn't semi-immortal. He still ages and grows and eventually he'll die of old age or some other thing. He just ages slower after reaching twenty and the ears have been retconned, after Iituem ruled no elves.

Elve was the sire of the line, a mage for an old empire, he searched for immortality.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:40:26 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2150 on: August 27, 2011, 02:40:17 pm »

The thread seems very interesting, but I would just like to inquire whether there is some sort of template to applications?
Don't think so, just describe your character and mention anything special about him.

EDIT: If it doesn't quite fit in with the game you may have to change it though, for my first character I wanted to be a demon trapped in the body of a pigeon which whilst it would have been awesome doesn't really work for the game. My second charachter just needed to drop the ability to communicate with animals though he's still pretty awesome with them (taming war bears FTW!  ;D )

Granted I never voted to approve your character ._.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 27, 2011, 02:40:50 pm »

200 years isn't semi-immortal. He still ages and grows and eventually he'll die of old age or some other thing. He just ages slower after reaching twenty and the ears have been retconned, after Iituem ruled no elves.

Last of your family, does that have something to do with you guy's years of torture then and bitterness? I think you said somewhere he's about 40 which would mean a fair few of his family would have died quite young, was your family outcast and hunted down or something?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2152 on: August 27, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »

Last of your family, does that have something to do with you guy's years of torture then and bitterness? I think you said somewhere he's about 40 which would mean a fair few of his family would have died quite young, was your family outcast and hunted down or something?

They killed each other, because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! *SHWIIIIIIANG*
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 27, 2011, 02:43:13 pm »

It was said somewhere Terenos was flying his banners. But even if he hadn't, by now the knowledge would've spread to Miring by now anyhow (don't claim it wouldn't - sailors are guaranteed to talk).

Yes, as I keep saying, I won't be able to touch Terenos with what I have. The accusations will only piss off the King.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 27, 2011, 02:48:49 pm »

Since Knave didn't do much or responded to my last post, I asume that I am allowed to move on and travel to sheepstead?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 27, 2011, 02:53:02 pm »

When Kain was Thirteen he was sent to the Samhain brotherhood by his father to toughen him up and secure a link with the largest religous order. He was brutally tortured for around five years. He returned bitter and angry, eager to forget who he was in drugs,sex and voilence.
He later killed his two younger brothers, his mother, his stepmother and his cousin in a fit of rage.
He's only twenty five to thirty.  Kain has had a screwed up life, thats why he so brutal and cruel.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 27, 2011, 03:02:14 pm »

Killed most his immediate family in a single fit of rage... bad day and way to self inflict anguish, then again in real life my families brilliant at doing that, on my mum's side of the family the cause in death of over half the people is suicide, doesn't even come as a surprise any more.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

RandomRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 27, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »

The thread seems very interesting, but I would just like to inquire whether there is some sort of template to applications?
Don't think so, just describe your character and mention anything special about him.

EDIT: If it doesn't quite fit in with the game you may have to change it though, for my first character I wanted to be a demon trapped in the body of a pigeon which whilst it would have been awesome doesn't really work for the game. My second charachter just needed to drop the ability to communicate with animals though he's still pretty awesome with them (taming war bears FTW!  ;D )

Thankyou for the advice.

Character Name: 'The Muggers Hand' (Real name: Lawrence Cambridge)

Back-story: Son of a ruthless criminal stationed in the lawless regions north of Elbreth before the conquest by King Erik. Lawrence Cambridge  was very much part of his fathers work. Hoping to crackdown on the rising theft in Elbreth, the old king clamped the sales of stolen goods. Fearing the collapse of his profitability of his work, he forced his son to risk his life working as a smuggler. With the innocent looks of a child, bypassing the provinces security was easy. We all grow up, and without his charms smuggling became much harder. His father's work was also under threat as King Erik marched his troops north.

With no future in his fathers work, he headed to Elbreth, never to see his father again. He has a strong hatred towards the king, fearing that his father was slaughtered when they burnt down Hikari Shizume's town.

He now is involved general crime in Elbreth.

Skills

Theft
Smuggling

Traits

Charismatic
Opportunistic

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

Yoink, seems like your Stretched Stockings brothel might even help somebody.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 27, 2011, 03:23:22 pm »

Yoink, seems like your Stretched Stockings brothel might even help somebody.
Before or after it gets conquered and pillaged by Kain for being a hive of villainy and crime?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 634