Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289836 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:20 pm »

No, But he does know someone trying to push him around when they are seen.. Terenos doesnt need to know the Grand Masters plan to want no part of it. Besides, he has an agenda of his own.

Not to mention there wont be any coronations happening without this crown hes got, and see, Trubaldsome's the sort who'd want it..For appearances sake. I assume at least..Seems about the way of their line.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:15:34 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2011, 02:17:56 pm »

I'm now taking bets on how long Sphagetti's char will last.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2011, 02:18:16 pm »

Iituem: You have excel? or at least open office excel? i was sorta making a spreadsheet as i was writing it all up. Lemme see if i can polish it up a little, pm me a place you'd like it emailed. I'll include the explanation of all the math when i send it then

Everyone else: The problem here is that Terenos hasn't done -anything- to make the king suspicious of him. He's been a loyal subject and, given his deeds so far, would likely in medieval times have been given special consideration for side projects along the lines of assassinating annoyances or at a bare minimum using his incorrectly gained famed and reputation to the advantage of the kingdom.

I ended up making a similar spreadsheet before you posted this, hah.  I'm going to polish off the rules tonight and post them before I do turns.  It mostly follows your suggestions with some rebalancing and changes (e.g. avoiding having to track individual item stocks but still having province qualities affect supply/demand).

No, But he does know someone trying to push him around when they are seen.. Terenos doesnt need to know the Grand Masters plan to want no part of it. Besides, he has an agenda of his own.

Not to mention there wont be any coronations happening without this crown hes got, and see, Trubaldsome's the sort who'd want it..For appearances sake. I assume at least..Seems about the way of their line.

I assumed that he was partly doing it out of spite and general suspicion.  This just looks like a natural growth of the enmity that started to foster between the two - not to mention that Taric is still heading south to get 'control' of the throne (I think).  Doesn't strike me as especially 'modish, so I'll let it slide.

Edit:  Vagel7 - be wary when defining NPCs, especially 'powerful' ones.  They are much more under my control than yours, after all, and giving yourself too many automatic advantages (including NPC allies) is likely to incur the wrath of the gods.  I'm assuming the NPCs in your post are mostly getting used as contacts/informants to add flavour and thus are within your character's normal sphere of ability.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:21:01 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm still heading south to beat that foppish twat around the ears :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2011, 02:21:17 pm »

Ooh, he edited his lines, he might just live a bit longer.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2011, 02:23:40 pm »

Totally all about the rising enmity. The char thinks the Grand Master is up to something. And with no letter from the king, it has a suspicious smell. So..Yeah staying put.
I wish you the greatest fortune Taric! And yknow, hope it goes well and all that.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 17, 2011, 02:26:19 pm »

You mind sending Manning along atleast?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 17, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »

He might last quite a while. Erik doesn't meet anybody in absolute privacy unless they've already earned his trust. Assuming this takes place before they leave to deal with bandits (it does) he'll probably actually have the Marquess in the room with him as well Commander Leif and a few other guards :P

That is, when he decides to have this meeting. He may assume that this is just another assassin, looking to become as glorious as Terenos.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 17, 2011, 02:29:50 pm »

Iituem- They are just for flavour. Some contacts that Philius hooked me up with in order to better start my life here, nothing much. Although I might use Jack to buy alchemical things and The Jackal to buy weapons if need be.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:31:38 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 17, 2011, 02:31:01 pm »

You mind sending Manning along atleast?

Unless I'm mistaken you travelled up with 3 royal regiments. So you can take at least 2 of those with you. Plus 3 regiments left in Miring?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2011, 02:32:54 pm »

Actually, I just need him for dealing with Trubaldsome himself. The troops are already good enough.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »

Actually, I just need him for dealing with Trubaldsome himself. The troops are already good enough.

Well you are the demon-slayer :)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »

why does everyone want trubaldsome dead
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 17, 2011, 02:35:33 pm »

It's Either Trubaldsome or Waery. (Maybe both). And Taric really wants them dead as a matter of honour.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 17, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »

He ran off to declare himself King of Miring?

birthright or no, it puts a wrench in your plan to control Miring.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 634