Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289844 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2011, 08:21:37 am »

I'm wondering how to proceed at this point because I had not intended for Terenos to find out about taking control of Preston.

I was going to send him off to catch Trubaldsome with Taricus while I stayed on as Steward in Preston for the near future.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2011, 08:25:42 am »

I'm wondering how to proceed at this point because I had not intended for Terenos to find out about taking control of Preston.

I was going to send him off to catch Trubaldsome with Taricus while I stayed on as Steward in Preston for the near future.

You can always retcon, if Terenos is willing.  I never said the messenger was going to tell him he was Duke, after all, so you do have the right.

Edit:  CG has given me lots to muse over re: merchant adventures, all of it good.  I have rehearsal time I need to spend today, but it's definitely getting considered/incorporated.  I will need to set up a spreadsheet or write a short program to automate it, though.  Leaning towards the spreadsheet for simplicity.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:44:37 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2011, 09:12:40 am »

I think you missed me in that last turn, Iituem... I started a dueling/swordplay project, whatever it's called:

During the months after his encounter with the King, Jarod trained with the soldiers in the yard during his spare time. He had'nt fought anybody for quite some time, and was a little bit rusty. He did'nt want to be rusty the next time he had to kill someone.

Project: start duelling training

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2011, 10:12:22 am »

I think you missed me in that last turn, Iituem... I started a dueling/swordplay project, whatever it's called:

During the months after his encounter with the King, Jarod trained with the soldiers in the yard during his spare time. He had'nt fought anybody for quite some time, and was a little bit rusty. He did'nt want to be rusty the next time he had to kill someone.

Project: start duelling training

You and several others.  I'll catch up with it tonight.  Just remind me in this thread if I've missed you.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:44 pm »

I'm back now. Had to go to the dentist's today, and I've been out with friends for the past two days.

Reading through the thread at the moment. I lol'd at "the group of men standing before you/ sitting in the dungeon" in the nahk's letter though.

E: Also, I find it interesting that so many people are wary of Terenos gaining power while Erik is placing complete faith in him.

E2: Edit Boogaloo
I'm looking forward to the game of chess between the Manskinner and the Archbishop, too :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:22:21 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2011, 12:21:19 pm »

I'm back now. Had to go to the dentist's today, and I've been out with friends for the past two days.

Reading through the thread at the moment. I lol'd at "the group of men standing before you/ sitting in the dungeon" in the nahk's letter though.

Also, I find it interesting that so many people are wary of Terenos gaining power while Erik is placing complete faith in him.

Black will have to work to shake that faith :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2011, 12:22:55 pm »

Eh, Taric would think Terenos is a pretty nice guy. He's not power hungry...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »

Now that i'm back I must say that Miring is going to be a centre of all activity soon. Shame about my poor turnover, but i wouldn't be fun if everything happened according to plan (save for terenos of course). I look forward to getting in way of Percy's plans, now that I'm there....
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:56:01 pm by Ardas »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:49 pm »

Iituem: You have excel? or at least open office excel? i was sorta making a spreadsheet as i was writing it all up. Lemme see if i can polish it up a little, pm me a place you'd like it emailed. I'll include the explanation of all the math when i send it then

Everyone else: The problem here is that Terenos hasn't done -anything- to make the king suspicious of him. He's been a loyal subject and, given his deeds so far, would likely in medieval times have been given special consideration for side projects along the lines of assassinating annoyances or at a bare minimum using his incorrectly gained famed and reputation to the advantage of the kingdom.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »

Everyone else: The problem here is that Terenos hasn't done -anything- to make the king suspicious of him. He's been a loyal subject and, given his deeds so far, would likely in medieval times have been given special consideration for side projects along the lines of assassinating annoyances or at a bare minimum using his incorrectly gained famed and reputation to the advantage of the kingdom.

Sir Taric, on the other hand... interrogating Erika, attempting to murder Lord Trubaldsome without any reason (and now trying to stop him from taking the throne as is his birthright), oh my.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2011, 12:49:37 pm »

Huh...I'm a bit worried only catching one third of the traitors. But the palace gaurd has no training for mass arrests...Yes..thats it...

God i love politics, its just carefully shifting the blame from yourself, to your inferriors or enemies...

Yes, Taric is having some problems...
Terenos is still the Golden Boy.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:26 pm »

Birthright means little when your predecessors are the reason the empire was split to begin with. The fun part would be to LET trouble, er "Trubald",  be regeant of miring, but station loyal regiments there. Getting uppity? pay a visit. He might be heir, but his family broke things to begin with
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:17:56 pm by CyberGenesis »

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »

thatkid, you missed my response, it was at the top a few pages ago.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:05 pm »

Terenos has all of the favor. All of it.

...'cept for all that favor the Grand Master, Kain, and a bunch of other people have...

Sir Taric trying to prevent Trubaldsome from taking the throne is a good thing though. For himself and Trubaldsome. For Trubaldsome because if Trubaldsome tries to go independent he'll get stomped, but if he stays loyal to Elbreth than Erik doesn't really have a choice but to make him regent in Miring if he wants to prevent the Mirish people from rebelling again. For Taric because the King wants control of Miring.

I'll get on that, Vagel

E: I actually replied to you, Vagel. Erik is trying to play it off as hiring a soldier instead of an assassin, you'll likely have a private meeting -- chronologically before he leaves to fight bandits.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:28:47 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »

im in no rush for my things to get rolled, i need to have a chat with adwarf about loyalties before i make any -real- actions. For now i'm content to gather intel, make some informed choices, then go kiss ass to a few leaders via the fun way
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 634