Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289873 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 08:36:12 am »

Okay. Now I feel stupid.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:01 am »

Aaaaand done. Hopefully that should all work fine. Just feel free to add and change stuff if needed.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2011, 09:14:37 am »

Rightyho, sounds good to me mundane crossbow was what I had in mind, and dropping the magic is also fine and just changing it to empathy with animals is also good. Just wanted to know how far I could take this empathy as it was a major part of the idea in my head, can I keep the bird who signals the location of enemies for example, and should I be able to easily approach large animals and possibly have favors returned after helping them even if its more along the lines of I saved its life once, it may save mine if I'm in the same location for instance? (Rather than having it carry out a plan it wouldn't understand, animals act independently of me for the most part though I'm generally allied to them?)

Animals are less likely to attack you (unless you're hunting them or members of their pack, for instance), and you could train specific ones to the level of say peregrine falcons.  So a bird that alerts you to danger is acceptable, though his ability to communicate it would be limited by his intelligence and physical ability to communicate (i.e. on the lines of squawking and flicking his head in a certain direction).  I'll allow fairy-tale "returned favours" from animals (not on the level of bees building you a wax replica of a palace), but you don't start with any of those favours.

Thanks, alright then here's my finalized character draft:

Percy soared overhead, a grey parrot, typically found further south in warmer climates though Percy was an exception. His master had sent him up into the air for the hunt, eyeing the boar up Percy flies low and lets out a squawk, seconds later an iron bolt flies into the side of it's chase. The boar struggles to escape though collapses after less than a dozen paces and shortly afterwards a dog comes bounding up to the corpse, time for the parrot to return to his master.

Background
Whilst serving as a marksman under the rule of King Eric, Meng became severely injured in combat, this left him blind and without his right arm, the field hospital wanting him to continue service fitted the stump with a crossbow attachment before learning his eyesight was never to return.

When this was found out Meng was disbanded from the military and began wandering the wilds with his dog, Buster. On his travels he found an injured grey parrot and after bringing it back into good health trained it as a spotter bird. He has also gained a natural affinity for animals and has speculated after their vital help which occasionally comes his way that they may have souls, though he's probably wrong.

Percy
A spotter parrot (modeled on the African Grey Parrot, often thought to be the most intelligent bird),  when Meng gives the order "spot" Percy will fly to the target signaled and squawk, giving away their position, he'll then return to Meng for a reward and new target or sit on his crossbow where he often perches.

Buster
A loyal attack dog gifted a few months before his incident in the army, they have grown close in the two years they have explored the wild together, his training includes being told to "wait" where he'll stay until his name is called, the other bit of training he's received is that any target Meng shoots, Buster will pursue its target, bringing it back, waiting by it or attacking it as appropriate.

EDIT: Aw crap I suck at wiki editing rather than create new page under the category players I edited the player category to be filled with my description... just trying to fix it at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:19:32 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:56 am »

This type of wiki is a bit broken sometimes - for example, it kept moving around parts of the text, bolding randomly and losing the italics on parts in my Taloisism article.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2011, 09:50:06 am »

Well, that took five hours.  Rrrgh.

Maps still aren't done, rules revisions aren't done because that took far too long and I have other important work to be doing today.  They'll get sorted out later and if that's not good enough for you, tough.

Really looking forward to the next year, when Ghazkull is going to have a good chance of getting full King status and be able to do some of these rolls.  >_>
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2011, 10:05:28 am »

Hey, what about me?! Also, my guard were using bows for the battle? I'll have to work that into my post, somehow. :) Great update!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:19 am »

Hey, what about me?! Also, my guard were using bows for the battle? I'll have to work that into my post, somehow. :) Great update!
it rained
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2011, 10:14:46 am »

That was a pretty epic battle...Huzzah for the spirits!

Noah, questions:

1) Do your guys have horses?
2) How much of my stuff did you give back?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:17:22 am by kytuzian »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2011, 10:16:52 am »

Damn, they really did change the tide.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:09 am »

Literally.... ;)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 10:19:16 am »

Damn, they really did change the tide.

"Magic:  It doesn't always go wrong!"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2011, 10:20:18 am »

That was a pretty epic battle...Huzzah for the spirits!

Noah, questions:

1) Do your guys have horses?
2) How much of my stuff did you give back?
1. no
2. paper, quills, clothes, tent, water bottle. thats it i don't want you running off and getting eaten by a bear or attacking my guards.
I made a Ztah religion page
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:22:14 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:59 am »

So I don't have a horse either. Did you give me a knife...Did you give me a FORK/SPOON/SPORK/BUTTER KNIFE/LADLE!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:30:35 am by kytuzian »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2011, 10:40:54 am »

Urgh, what a rambly post. :o Sorry guys, I just kinda got carried away, feel free to skip over like, everything except the first and last paragraph. :P Although the rest is kinda an interesting look at 'Percy' Trubaldsome, I suppose. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2011, 10:48:54 am »

hmm, yoink, you might want to change your forum sig, it's no longer saturday
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 634