Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289869 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

Im copying that format. After I'm finished with some of the nations and I can sit down and think out my religion... Let's hope it will become the wiki standard.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 05:16:13 am »

Curious to see how will religion play out with the politics. So far we haven't seen any clear dominant faith or anything that would make for a powerful force that could rival kindoms. Suul is an intersting concept, but its hard to say anything since they aren't fleshed out so much.

EDIT: Nice work on Taloisism. I wonder how would a religious war play out if we got a third faith in Elbreth.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:18:09 am by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:01 am »

the people in this region are either monotheists or Jormundist. The monotheists are very very split. The only notable one (as in actually given a name, are the Cyclist, and their a rather tiny sect).

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 05:29:32 am »

What about mine? Is it ok?

Yup.  Accepted.  I was exhausted and fell asleep, hence the delay in response.

Quote from: adwarf
Name: Renard Kingsley
Bio: Renard was born into a rich trading family who made their living off of selling spices from teh countries to the far east in Mirin, and Preston. From a young age he was taught as any nobleman would be, and was set to inherit the family business. Not long after Renard turned twelve bandits, thieves, and mercenaries began attacking, and stealing from his family ships, and there was evidence to suggest that it was a rival trading company who caused it, but before they could present the infromation to the King they fell from his graces, their possesions were taken away, and his family thrown out onto the street.

His father died the day after from cold that had stricken him, and his mother not long after as she took her own life. Renard now eighteen was thurst out into the world alone he had only worked as a trader for a short time, and was now forced to a life of crime. He decided to start a group of pirates, adn not long after managed to steal a sloop from the company who brought down his family, adn ruined Renard's life. Now broke, a wanted criminal, and pirate captain he had no choice, but to flee to Preston where he now resides with his crew waiting for a chance to brign down those who took his life. He has almost nothing of his own, but a necklace from his mother, and his father's hunting bow, but he still strives to take down the trading company who ruined him.

Probationally, I am allowing you back into the game with this character, adwarf.  You start with 1 warship in place of your personal guard.  This is a very, very fragile start.  My advice to you would be to team up with someone else who can help you survive your first few raids - trying to ally with CyberGenesis' character Tearakudo might be a good idea, for example.

I'll get to work on the big update.

Edit:  Wow, as far as work on the wiki is concerned.  That's filled up very quickly.  Especially wow on the rules page there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:31:23 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2011, 05:45:39 am »

Erm, could someone just quickly tell me what year it is IG? I've got a chunk of text I'm about to save on the Wiki, and long story short: It was starting to sound rather too much like Trubaldsome's side of the story, and I decided to roleplay it as something he paid someone to write, like a biography. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

It is late Autumn 314, though after this next post it will become Winter.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:17 am »

Okay, well I posted that... Gonna make a new, more objective description of Trubaldsome a bit later.
And, damnit Aulon! Your page puts me to shame, it's like all the stuff I'd planned to put in but haven't got around to yet... >:( Dis means war! My noble is more extravagant, so he should get the fancier page! :D

Also, I'm going to have to work out the names of Trubaldsome's two younger brothers, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:54 am »

It is late Autumn 314, though after this next post it will become Winter.
yay repairs and commander Zacmar will arrive at the palace
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2011, 06:41:47 am »

Ashton:  I'm not sure about your character.  Blind huntsman who has learned to shoot blind by hearing, fine.  Magical communication with animals, not so fine.  Crossbow arm, right out unless he has to load and fire it with his intact hand (in effect, just a crossbow stock where his hand used to be).

I'll accept the mundane crossbow-arm (i.e. you still need both hands to load and fire it) and the blind marksman who shoots by sight.  I'm disinclined to accept the magical gem that allows you to communicate with animals because you don't really even need it.  I'll let you have a keen empathy with animals (on the level of training dogs, not telepathic communication) but with the exception of players deliberately starting out as mages I'd like to keep magic and especially magical items rare.

In fact, I really, really want to keep magical items rare or else they get robbed of value.  The Holy Grail (a cup that when drunk from will heal wounds and cure diseases) is a whole lot less impressive when it can be created by a level 3 cleric, after all.  Therefore, no starting with magical artefacts.  Making them is allowed for a magic user, but constitutes a project with risky side-effects on failed rolls.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2011, 06:54:02 am »

Rightyho, sounds good to me mundane crossbow was what I had in mind (that needs reloading with the other hand but being mechanical it's just about as accurate as someone who can see using a normal crossbow), and dropping the magic is also fine and just changing it to empathy with animals is also good. Just wanted to know how far I could take this empathy as it was a major part of the idea in my head, can I keep the bird who signals the location of enemies for example, and should I be able to easily approach large animals and possibly have favors returned after helping them even if its more along the lines of I saved its life once, it may save mine if I'm in the same location for instance? (Rather than having it carry out a plan it wouldn't understand, animals act independently of me for the most part though I'm generally allied to them?)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:10:06 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2011, 07:11:15 am »

Rightyho, sounds good to me mundane crossbow was what I had in mind, and dropping the magic is also fine and just changing it to empathy with animals is also good. Just wanted to know how far I could take this empathy as it was a major part of the idea in my head, can I keep the bird who signals the location of enemies for example, and should I be able to easily approach large animals and possibly have favors returned after helping them even if its more along the lines of I saved its life once, it may save mine if I'm in the same location for instance? (Rather than having it carry out a plan it wouldn't understand, animals act independently of me for the most part though I'm generally allied to them?)

Animals are less likely to attack you (unless you're hunting them or members of their pack, for instance), and you could train specific ones to the level of say peregrine falcons.  So a bird that alerts you to danger is acceptable, though his ability to communicate it would be limited by his intelligence and physical ability to communicate (i.e. on the lines of squawking and flicking his head in a certain direction).  I'll allow fairy-tale "returned favours" from animals (not on the level of bees building you a wax replica of a palace), but you don't start with any of those favours.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2011, 07:13:42 am »

Sorry guys i'll have to start this afternoon because of school so my character probably wont be on the wiki.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:36 am »

If you are willing to run the risk of having your rebellion summarily crushed, sure. King Erik already had one rebel burnt at the stake, so only do that if you are willing to risk it. However, you can easily make a new character upon the death of your first, as long as they do not have the same agenda, so you might want to try making a rebel if you are interested.

Didn't he have him burned while rotating him on a wheel and smashing his face into the ground or something similar?

Also, how do I add/have my character page added?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:36:17 am by kytuzian »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2011, 07:53:30 am »

Kyutzian, you just have to go to the main page, and click 'add a page' next to where it says the number of pages. Sorta just to the right of the main title. :)

Working on the wiki is rather fun, actually!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2011, 08:20:55 am »

Okay, well I posted that... Gonna make a new, more objective description of Trubaldsome a bit later.
And, damnit Aulon! Your page puts me to shame, it's like all the stuff I'd planned to put in but haven't got around to yet... >:( Dis means war! My noble is more extravagant, so he should get the fancier page! :D

Also, I'm going to have to work out the names of Trubaldsome's two younger brothers, too.

Bitch I'd like to see you try.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 634