Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76066 times)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »

Actually 20mn before the end we still had the 4th place. Nice ninja move from the Iltirelate Crawlers there, as a consolation prize, we still have the 2nd best win rate  :)

It was my first tournament and it was really fun. I never thought I'd be able to streak but motivation makes everything possible.  :P
 Playing for a team makes the game even more stressful and rewarding.

Anyway, great job everyone! I hope next tourney webtiles will come earlier because I think the vast majority of our games were played the 2nd week (I didn't have much time the first week anyway but still...).

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 28, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »

Spoiler: Clans (click to show/hide)

Bay12 Champs did much better than last year. We went from 9th to 5th place. I regret not going for more runes with my mummy, since we would've stayed in 4th place.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2011, 08:04:53 pm »

Oh irony, I placed lower then last year yet did better. I guess we had more players who where better this year. Good job everyone, Bay12 made a good showing this year and hopefully next year we can get more of our teams in the high end.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2011, 09:30:32 pm »

Good job teams!

I'm sorry I didn't do better- dying last night to a SHEEP took the wind out of my sails.  One of these days I'll beat Crawl!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »

nice job everyone! i had my best game ever during the tourney (2 runes), and ill be ready for the next one hopefully with my first win before then!

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2011, 01:25:09 am »

Nice work everyone, this was fun :).

I haz a bit of a sad that none of my characters got close to a rune in the tourney, but on the other hand, and it pretty well by my own crap standards with some classes I never played before, so its all good.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

absolutego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2011, 03:05:44 am »

yeah, it was fun. wish i'd got another win but last week was hectic.
there should be minor tournaments throughout the year. i'll badger the guys.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2011, 06:06:43 am »

Unfortunately it appears that the tournament is over. I didn't really get to play as much as I would have liked, since in the last week back-to-school preparations and Hurricane Irene ate my time alive. Still, I did get my first spellcaster rune, which I suppose was something. Said spellcaster had a stupid splat to Boris, but whatever, now I understand how bad he is (in my first encounter I bulldozed him with an anti-magic demon whip).

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2011, 09:59:05 am »

hehe... and we (haulers) absolute beginners didnt end up being last :D *dance*

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2011, 10:00:16 am »

Good job everyone. I was hoping for a win, but it didn't happen. Very impressive results by the Champions, too. The next tourny is coming up spring 2012?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 29, 2011, 12:19:47 pm »

yeah, it was fun. wish i'd got another win but last week was hectic.
there should be minor tournaments throughout the year. i'll badger the guys.

I think that was the plan, shorter tournaments but more of them, like the other tourney they setup a month or two ago before 0.9 was released.

Watwar5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 29, 2011, 12:23:17 pm »

Good job everybody, specially the champions. That fifth place is impressive.

I still haven't managed to get my first rune, but I came close this time. Hopefully by the next tournament I'll have managed to delve deeper into the dungeon.
This is like the crash course for all - if you can dodge a massive ball of plasma, you can dodge an arrow.

namad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:39 pm »

i did my best ever during the tournament 4runes and xl27... i even saw the orb of zot

unfortunately I think I'd have had more fun finding 1or2 runes over and over instead of playing one long painstakingly slow game for basically a whole week... definitely tho the tournament inspired me to take the game seriously and ask for more help and experiment less... play slower... not just endlessly hold in an arrow key but instead tap it in short quick bursts of tap tap, tap tap, tap tap kinda... it can be boring spending 1minute to kill a troll instead of 10seconds but... this way you dont' end up getting ambush around the corner by a centaur pack without a chance to respond

i'm pretty pleased I got to see zot for the first time, although wildly disappointed with how weak my character was against zot and even tomb opponents despite steamrolling most of the rest of the dungeon branches

absolutego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 30, 2011, 02:22:45 am »

tomb? you tried to do tomb? tomb is the worst. worse than pan, worse than hells, worse than zot:5. wait 'til you see tomb:2 and tomb:3. it can kill you with 14 runes. hell, it will.
going there with a DD takes guts, i have to say.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:55 am »

I just noticed, in an odd state of coincidence, both me and baruk were both on the same team in each tournament and were the only ones on those teams to win a game -- one each, each time. Baruk, incredibly, got the exact same point total. If that was intentional, it's amazing :P

Didn't do as good this time m'self, though. Got precisely 101 points less, and ranked a fair bit lower. Team also came in at a lower over rank (20 vs 17) but was overall fairly close in performance -- point wise, anyway. That the point total was almost the same despite playing nearly 1/10th the amount of games is pretty impressive :P It's not really a fair comparison (different people!), but it is kinda strange that the blacksmiths were only ~100 points behind the miners, despite the lowest point total in the miners being higher than any one of the three lowest scores on th'smiths. Seems to have mostly come from the team-granted points for having particular race/combo wins. Gathered 10 points more for the team overall, counting this, with baruk beating his previous contribution by 75.

What does it all mean? Absolutely nothing! say it again, now~ S'interesting to compare numbers, that's all :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44