Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956836 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6900 on: June 05, 2016, 06:26:24 am »

I feel like Metropolis would make for a pretty good adventure game of some description. Probably of an older point-and-click style rather than a newfangled first-person one, since a lot of scenes would lose their effect if the player just didn't happen to be looking when the cool stuff happened.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: June 05, 2016, 07:30:40 am »

WW2 Dynasty Warriors
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: June 05, 2016, 09:53:50 am »

Opening a portal to a new realm takes an assortment of mana and glyps which specify the sort of world you end up in. These worlds, in turn, are sources of new glyphs and new conditions of mana.

Basically the Mystcraft mod for minecraft (with the addition of mana).

The theme is magi-tech, rather than straight high fantasy. Opening a gate is a magical working, built on understandable principles. You don't just cast fireball, you actually combine the glyphs into a spell using a kind of programming language and imbue it with fire mana from your personal reserve.

This is scarily similar to the system I came up with for ArcTech (a setting/set of mechanics I'm working on for basing games off of). Half way through designing it, I realised that scroll writing is essentially equivalent to writing assembly code, which is just as arcane, really.
Ooo!  When/where?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: June 05, 2016, 10:10:35 am »

WW2 Dynasty Warriors

What is Hitler's musou?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: June 05, 2016, 03:20:23 pm »

WW2 Dynasty Warriors

What is Hitler's musou?
I'm not exactly sure yet, but I just KNOW it revolves around the mustache...

Indeed, I do this.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: June 05, 2016, 03:58:58 pm »

I elect not to pursue Stalin.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6906 on: June 05, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

A game where you play a robot or advanced AI with ultrafast perception and reaction time, specifically one that models ultra-high speed events. At high speeds, the speed of sound becomes a noticeable delay. Florescent lights actually strobe. Your own personal acceleration is irrelevant.

Don't say Super Hot. Super Hot is an arcade game. I want a puzzle game where you have to use all of your highly limited time.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: June 06, 2016, 03:46:13 am »

Don't say Super Hot.

Marvelous Humid?

Indeed, I do this.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: June 06, 2016, 07:02:23 am »

Ultra warm.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: June 06, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

Extremely Thermogenic

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: June 06, 2016, 09:19:00 pm »

Exceedingly High In Temperature?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: June 07, 2016, 12:04:41 am »

I want a first-person multiplayer shmup game. The bullets aren't necessarily slow-moving, but they're not instant raycasts like most games either, so they can conceivably be dodged after they're fired. This game will of course involve flying and/or high jumps, time slowing/speeding moves, and other things that generally happen in shmups but not in FPS games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: June 07, 2016, 01:32:59 am »

A roguelike crossed with a deck builder board game.  You have a deck of cards representing the items/special abilities your average roguelike character has, which you can draw into you hand and play.  Each floor your discard pile and hand get shuffled into your deck.

Instead of looting items you get new cards.  Every card has two effects, one when you play it and a more powerful one that removes it from your deck permanently.  By deciding which cards to add to your deck and which ones to expend, you shape your deck over time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: June 07, 2016, 03:31:30 am »

A game where you play a robot or advanced AI with ultrafast perception and reaction time, specifically one that models ultra-high speed events. At high speeds, the speed of sound becomes a noticeable delay. Florescent lights actually strobe. Your own personal acceleration is irrelevant.

Don't say Super Hot. Super Hot is an arcade game. I want a puzzle game where you have to use all of your highly limited time.
How about an RTS where you're an AI controlling robotic troops, and you can control how quickly time appears to move for you. When you speed up time, you get more spare cycles, which can be spent to give robots perfect accuracy or whatever.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: June 07, 2016, 04:21:04 am »

I could live with a game, 40 years in the future - your our time-slowing AI and your job is to help... someone - maybe the police, maybe the mafia, maybe some other party - free choice dude, your a rogue ai afterall. So if you help the cops, you get a scenario where a fella tries to run away - do you attempt to hack his car, turn on his blinker, squirt coffee from his inbound coffee maschine - or do you mess with traffic lights and bridge control computers or hack another car and turn it into him and disable his airbags, because he knows to much? You got time, things move slowly and act slower - but until you grow, you can only have a certain amount of processes at a time and can unlock new access/code/understanding/tools/smartness.

Like Watchdogs, but far more details, less ubisoft bullshit. Shadowrun super AI style?
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 577