Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955349 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6600 on: February 01, 2016, 03:48:31 pm »

or you could place him into the body of a dog and he just loves it completely.
Who wouldn't?

Sounds like a quite fun game in any case.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: February 01, 2016, 03:59:05 pm »

or you could place him into the body of a dog and he just loves it completely.
Who wouldn't?

Sounds like a quite fun game in any case.
Personally speaking, I'd rather have opposable thumbs.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: February 02, 2016, 05:01:36 am »

I want a Duke Nukem game where the conflict is that aliens forcibly turn Duke into a woman, in addition to invasion/murder/kidnapping/destruction/etc.

I feel like an ultra-macho womanizing action movie archetype character suddenly being turned into a woman is a suitably silly conflict for a Duke game, and it'd inevitably lead to some good character-driven humor.

"I've got balls of steel! ... wait, I don't anymore, never mind..."
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: February 02, 2016, 10:17:40 am »

I think Duke would either instantly snap or not give a shit. Anything in-between would be out of character for him in my humble opinion.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: February 02, 2016, 01:47:50 pm »

I think Duke would either instantly snap or not give a shit. Anything in-between would be out of character for him in my humble opinion.

Simply have him do both, at random intervals.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: February 06, 2016, 12:37:20 am »

I want an It Follows slender-like horror game.  You get the whole unstoppable supernatural being following you, but like in the movie, it's slow.  It never stops but it's slow.  And the area in which you can travel should be the entire world basically, like Google maps.  You'd play it from first person, traveling across country, city, wood, mountain, whatever. 

You'd have stamina and sprinting, limiting your ability to just outpace It, and whatever vehicles you can acquire will eventually run out of gas.  Cities would have the advantage of easier access to supplies and vehicles, and npc's can help you, but they can also hinder you ( such as getting arrested by police for stealing a car, leaving you a sitting duck in a jail cell ) and the fact that It shape shifts means it can come at you in the middle of a crowd and it'd take you by surprise.  Countryside/woodland/tundra/mountainsides would be devoid of human life, meaning you can see it coming ( if you look in the right direction ) a mile away.  But have fun dealing with the local fauna, as well as issues of starvation and exposure. 

Sleeping would be a risk, you can choose to sleep certain hours, provided you can roughly calculate in your head just how far you've gotten from where you last encountered It, and how long it would take a human figure to travel a certain distance.  Even if you've left a continent It will have 24 hours in a day to get to you, meaning you can never stay in a place for too long.  Add in environmental and npc hazards which can injure you, make you sick or deprive you of necessary money, supplies, etc. and you've got a serious no win scenario.

A horror game based not on alertness and quick reflexes but on mental stamina and careful planning, that's what I want this game to be. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:39:19 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:23 am »

Sounds like the stone scp.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: February 06, 2016, 05:33:59 am »

I think you mean the bigfoot one. It's going to kill you, but not right away.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: February 06, 2016, 05:39:35 am »

I think you mean the bigfoot one. It's going to kill you, but not right away.

This sounds interesting, what's its name?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: February 06, 2016, 06:03:45 am »

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-096

A weird gangly tall guy who comes after you if you see its face. And I think I might be conflating it with something else in my memory too, but can't place what that is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: February 06, 2016, 07:03:59 am »

For bonus points, make it kill you with a spoon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »

I want a game where you have to diagnose and treat/repair artificial beings, both by talking to them and by actually repairing their components. However, an unstable AI without constraints is highly dangerous, so it's best to get their permission before opening up their circuits...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: February 06, 2016, 06:51:19 pm »

A game i wish existed: Warhammer 40k: Endtimes - anythingtide.

Get crump'ed by da WAGGGGHHHHHHH, fight cultists who try to hump you to death, watch as your enemies sometimes fight each other instead of you, grab a mod for your SUPER MEGA BOLTER, craft new flak armor and curse yourself for wasting crafting materials on cardboard armor, critical success on a lasgun craft and watch it actually !pwn! things like chaos marines, etc.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: February 06, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »

so i have watched some plays from Undertale and damn. the whole fight/act/mercy system is really interesting so i thought about a concept:

a 2d sidescrolling survival RPG in which the character can interact both peacefully and hostile with the mobs he/she encounters. same for NPCs. for example, critters like a slime will respond differently depending on how you treat them, if you attack tem they turn hostile and will try to fuck you up but if you give them treats or food they will spew any loot they have for you.

this applies to certain bosses. imagine something like the Skeletron battle in Terraria, but instead of seeing the old man explode in pieces and summon the skeleton monster you can try to find a way to free the monster inside of him and appeace him. returning the will to the old man and gaining entrance to the dungeon without having to fight.

appeacing with mobs in the game would reward the player in many forms. maybe being peacefull would help to get reputation with a spoiler related faction or something like that. same for being hostile. it would be interesting how the world would react to the player's action outside of spreading biomes using seeds/tools.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: February 06, 2016, 07:15:10 pm »

so i have watched some plays from Undertale and damn. the whole fight/act/mercy system is really interesting so i thought about a concept:

a 2d sidescrolling survival RPG in which the character can interact both peacefully and hostile with the mobs he/she encounters. same for NPCs. for example, critters like a slime will respond differently depending on how you treat them, if you attack tem they turn hostile and will try to fuck you up but if you give them treats or food they will spew any loot they have for you.

this applies to certain bosses. imagine something like the Skeletron battle in Terraria, but instead of seeing the old man explode in pieces and summon the skeleton monster you can try to find a way to free the monster inside of him and appeace him. returning the will to the old man and gaining entrance to the dungeon without having to fight.

appeacing with mobs in the game would reward the player in many forms. maybe being peacefull would help to get reputation with a spoiler related faction or something like that. same for being hostile. it would be interesting how the world would react to the player's action outside of spreading biomes using seeds/tools.
So just like undertale, except the creatures would remember how you've treated them in the past and reward you for it?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 577