Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 955117 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6630 on: February 10, 2016, 12:57:28 pm »

Multiplayer 3D Magicmaker.

Sans the 'magic' aspect (swap that for hi-tech), StackGunHeroes fulfills some of that. Bonus points for being even more over the top.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: February 10, 2016, 05:50:00 pm »

A Rocky Balboa telltales game. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: February 11, 2016, 01:20:41 am »

That slab of frozen meat will remember that.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: February 11, 2016, 02:24:38 am »

Planetside 2 but in World War 1 or 2.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: February 11, 2016, 10:41:50 am »

Had an interesting dream last night where I was playing a fascinating game. It was multi-squad based where I was only issuing orders to squads as a whole and the AI would move the individual soldiers. It was also Frozen Synapse style pause-issue-order-unpause style. I'd love to see a game like that, especially one where the squad AI got simpler if the higher ranked soldiers in the squad die.

In my dream it was also a pseudo-Warhammer40k theme, which was also pretty rad. 
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: February 11, 2016, 03:01:36 pm »

I would like to play (possibly develop?) an old-school first person dungeon crawler, with some procedural randomness maybe, and that lets the player do some survival stuff like chop down trees and build walls, eventually being able to make a big city like that in the first Tales of the Unknown: The Bard's Tale game (or any number of those SSI Gold Box games).

With EGA graphics.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: February 11, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »

I'd like Planetside 2 taken to the next level. Go full on space-combat, multiple planets each with bigass continents, etc. It'd be physically impossible without some incredibly advanced tech, though.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6637 on: February 12, 2016, 11:26:24 am »

I'd like Planetside 2 taken to the next level. Go full on space-combat, multiple planets each with bigass continents, etc. It'd be physically impossible without some incredibly advanced tech, though.
If we can have a game like No Man's Sky, a game like this can't be far off.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: February 12, 2016, 12:32:06 pm »

Well, there is a recently kickstarted game that promises to be planetside in space, but there's no combat outside of spaceships even if they will have battles near the surface of different planets, and everywhere in between.

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: February 14, 2016, 09:11:57 am »

Assymetrical space 4x.

Humans took to space - we developed our first ships, made our first interplanetary conflicts, settled on some of the Solar System bodies but its still mainly domed cities/orbital habitats stuff, no neat terraforming, no FTL, no clinical immortality, all-diesease cures etc.
One day, USS Pegasus ( Fletcher class destroyer - newest and most advanced ship in the Terran Navy), patrolling the outskirts of Human controlled Solar System, detects large ship appearing out of nowhere and second waay smaller that is chasing him. Brief battle ensues that leaves the Pegasus crippled with many wounded and dead but luckily they managed to destroy the attacker. The big ship explains the situation - they are civilian freighter from race X* that were attacked by the pirates and having their hyperdrive destroyed they had to risk jumping trough uncharted wormhole hoping the pirates wont follow them..

Yes, that ship that almost destroyed our newest destroyer ?? That was just some dinky little pirate ship..
The other side of our galaxy is full of ancient powerfull races, with thousands of planets, quadrillions of citizens and tech that looks like magic when compared to our own. Some of those races are hostile, some of them are peacefull, isolationist, benevolent etc.
Player is completely outclassed, outgunned and out-teched at the beginning - you have to move very carefully, use espionage, diplomacy, make allies, help minor races, battle pirates, colonize planets taking advantage of the our relative isolation etc.
Other races are very stale and conservative when compared to us but they also advance - wars broke out, new discoveries are made, Galactic Senate mends the deals between member countries, lets new one join, kicks other for attacking each other, there are factions trying to pass various resolutions  etc.
In time human role will improve, rivalling many of the already established nations ... just when galaxy frontier starts being attacked by a unknown intergalactic threat that makes all those races look like caveman.

* - different each time and that means different starting relations with different nations, starting techs, bonuses etc.

And of course whole game with Aurora level of detail and Star Ruler scale, with REAL emphasis on diplomacy and espionage - especially at the begining when single corvette could erase entire human race out of existence.

I would love to see Arcen Games take a shot at it - they made some of the most original and fresh space 4x/strategy titles in the recent memory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:23:43 pm by Lossmar »
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: February 15, 2016, 08:28:06 pm »

I want a more mature version of Thrillville, think Thrillville slapped together with Bullfrog's original Theme Park. Manage rides, stalls, staff, etc. but with the ability to enter your avatars body and go around the park. Also includes indepth staff management, watch your mascot suit boys and girls have beef with the face and body actors. Get into an affair with one of your park's cheerleaders and have a massive break up in Kiddielandtm in front of a live audience. Hit on single moms and get slapped by their husbands.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: February 16, 2016, 12:03:41 am »

I want an open-world Hokuto No Ken game. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already a Fallout 3 or NV mod, but I'd prefer it to be a beat em up. I just wanna be kung-fu Jesus in the post-apocalypse, okay?

Inb4 God Hand. I didn't really care for God Hand all that much. :-/
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: February 16, 2016, 11:26:10 pm »

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but a Punisher-style vigilante game.  The premise of an urban shooter fighting against criminals is so prevalent but the actual execution of a sandbox game like this, I really haven't heard much about it. 

Combat should be "realistic".  As in ARMA level-slow and methodical.  You win fights against numerically superior foes by being in the right place, at the right time, with the right gun, and a solid plan.  Damage should be complex, with anatomically accurate injuries and bloodloss, again, a lot can be taken from ARMA.  Food, water and sleep should also be constantly decreasing meters.  The point of a game centred around a one-man war on criminals should focus on WAR.  It's not about winning a few skirmishes or killing a few important leaders; killing potentially dozens of thousands of criminals should take a very, very long time in game, even IRL.  Simply finding a safe place to sleep, enough money to eat, should add to the challenge.

A dynamic city is key to this sort of game.  Infrastructure and civic organisations, cops, firemen, should function throughout the city as well as normal people just trying to go about their lives.  Then of course there is the criminal underbelly, with its own politics and economy, trying to grow and spread throughout the city. 

"Winning" this game ( as in wiping out every single criminal, or at the least crushing every major organisation ) should be possible, if mind-frackingly difficult.  Eventually you'd be facing entire armies of thugs, not to mention police or even the army.  Sticking to the shadows and only killing select targets would limit your exposure, but this form of vigilantism would be much slower, leaving room for power vacuums and the like to be filled.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: February 17, 2016, 08:42:32 am »

I want an open-world Hokuto No Ken game. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already a Fallout 3 or NV mod, but I'd prefer it to be a beat em up. I just wanna be kung-fu Jesus in the post-apocalypse, okay?

Inb4 God Hand. I didn't really care for God Hand all that much. :-/

Well, God Hand isn't open world, it's about as linear as you can get. But for reals man, God Hand is the shit. There WAS a Hokuto No Ken in the vein of Dynasty Warriors... Ken's Rage IIRC. It lets you be most major characters and beat up hundreds of the mohawked dudes with no survival instincts, fight other major characters, and even lets you do "Dream Campaigns" and play and win as characters that canonically got their asses beat in the anime. You can be Mr. Heart (the big fat dude from the early series known for screaming 'Hidebuuuuu') and defeat Kenshiro with nothing but your enormous girth.

I had an idea recently. I like to toy around with the typical rpg cliches in my head and think "How could I make this boring and overused concept interesting?" and my brain went on another tangent:

Think your average turn-based or tactical RPG with your bog standard elemental system of Fire, Ice, Lighting, Earth, Air, Heart, Whatever, with your given rock-paper-scissors relationship between them, but the twist is that magic usage is inherently ecologically destructive. For example, when you use fire magic, either you're creating heat from nowhere and adding a ton of thermal energy into the surrounding environs, or you're sapping the thermal energy from everything nearby, so you can cast a big fireball, but literally everything around you freezes into ice.
Additionally, magic usage invokes an infallible 'balance between deities' effect, as using magic is strengthening one branch of magic, another branch of magic has to get stronger to compensate, and this in-game would translate into your opposing element (the one that beats yours in the RPS relationship) gets stronger across the entire game; so mages and elemental creatures of that type become both more numerous and more dangerous. "So just use the magics in equal proportion and don't specialize" is the obvious answer to that problem, but the innate design of the game is to turn this into a 'Little old lady that swallowed a fly' as you find yourself having to up the stakes over and over in order to keep up with this magical arms race between yourself and the rest of the natural world.

I'm imagining the game would just be naturally very difficult, and magic is simply the strongest and best damage dealing method, so magic usage is inevitable rather than optional. So the game becomes a balancing act as you use magic to solve difficult problems *right now* but have to know that if you're irresponsible with the usage at all then you're setting yourself up for much larger and more difficult problems down the line. The ultimate goal would be to defeat the final boss without accidentally making your planet uninhabitable yourself.

The entire idea is a not-so-subtle metaphor for how overambitious industry and shortsighted greed is destroying Earth's environment and ecosystem.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:20 am »

Have the final boss be the deity that you made most powerful. And depending on how reliant you were on one form of magic, the boss gets harder. If you perfectly balance your magic, you get the "happy" ending.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 577