Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240138 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3030 on: July 11, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »

Maybe win ratio its not a correct meassure, but lets say i played dota for a LONG time and im not getting any better it seems, some times it even feels like im getting worse :P.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: July 12, 2013, 06:16:25 am »

some times it even feels like im getting worse :P.
What if everyone else is getting better? :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: July 12, 2013, 06:28:41 am »

Maybe win ratio its not a correct meassure,

It shouldn't be. A good balancing system tries to put you in games with players of a similar skill level. Of course the balancing system needs some time to catch up to your improvements so if you're constantly improving you're always in games that are slightly below your skill level, but the difference between your actual skill level and the skill level you're ranked as should stabilize, so if you keep improving at a constant pace you'll end up at a constant win ratio somewhat above 50%.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: July 12, 2013, 11:42:34 am »

Single draft is my mode of choice since you get a real team composition and not team 5 carry.
I generally play with my roommate and his friends who are all level 70-95. I am level 8. I think the reason I have such a ridiculous win ratio right now (about 67%) is because I've been playing a lot of matches in solo queue lately. The entire opposing team and the rest of my team all pick carries. All of them. Drow/Sniper/Ursa/Spirit Breaker are in almost every match, and once I actually fought a team comprised of them and Phantom Lancer. I always pick last, just in case I need to play a support. I generally do, and that's how I have a 22-5 win ratio with Treant Protector. Support every lane at once, and win the early game. It's ridiculous, the last game I played I got a battle fury and personally started ganking Drow Ranger. Practically any good drow player could have escaped from a tree walking at them, but not that guy.

That said, I'd like an invite to the Bay12 guild so I can play with people who know what they're doing.  :P I'm Tyrannosaurus X on Steam.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #3034 on: July 12, 2013, 11:46:18 am »

I have ~500 hours played and still run into all carry teams. It never gets better. There's a reason like 75% of my games are support. Usually only support too.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: July 12, 2013, 12:08:09 pm »

It does get better, im at the point im starting to see tri-lanes, most of the time they dont work but the knowledge is there.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: July 12, 2013, 01:26:16 pm »

If you want in the guild join the channel Bay12 in dota I'll be idle in it all day today so pop in a say you want in and i'll add you.
Or i would if dota was not down....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:37:21 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: July 12, 2013, 01:34:30 pm »

Thing is, trilanes work well in competitive games largely because there's a level of trust and skill comprehension. Dual lanes give you a pretty good chance of getting two heroes farmed, while trilanes give you a nearly-guaranteed chance of getting one hero farmed, while pretty much sacrificing all farm on the other lane. (Does not apply to aggressive trilanes, of course.)

In a pub game, putting all your eggs in one basket like this is usually a bad idea, as you will quickly discover when your safe-lane PL dives the enemy T2 at 3 minutes and then shouts 'CYKA' after giving up first blood with an awesome 3 CS. Pro gamers can generally assume that their teammate is competent in the #1 position.  ;)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: July 12, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

In a bad tri you can guarantee 2 heroes farming, the carry and the one that does the pulling, also in most cases you can also guarantee 2 of their heros not farming at all. I think most of the time it does work with a reasonable pick/skill level.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: July 12, 2013, 02:39:53 pm »

Single draft is my mode of choice since you get a real team composition and not team 5 carry.
I generally play with my roommate and his friends who are all level 70-95. I am level 8. I think the reason I have such a ridiculous win ratio right now (about 67%) is because I've been playing a lot of matches in solo queue lately. The entire opposing team and the rest of my team all pick carries. All of them. Drow/Sniper/Ursa/Spirit Breaker are in almost every match, and once I actually fought a team comprised of them and Phantom Lancer. I always pick last, just in case I need to play a support. I generally do, and that's how I have a 22-5 win ratio with Treant Protector. Support every lane at once, and win the early game. It's ridiculous, the last game I played I got a battle fury and personally started ganking Drow Ranger. Practically any good drow player could have escaped from a tree walking at them, but not that guy.

That said, I'd like an invite to the Bay12 guild so I can play with people who know what they're doing.  :P I'm Tyrannosaurus X on Steam.

I was thinking that the level is what matters, but I've been seeing trilanes a plenty at level 8, and the all-carry games were gone for a while.
The problem is, that most people still feed like crazy when put solo suicide.

Edit : Then again, i have once seen a Drow, AM, Dazzle trilane.. So it's not all peachy.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:49:39 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

Lvl have no impact well you played the game longer to get to that lvl so you should be better but you know how that is.
heck when I started playing dota 2 there was no levels or cosmetics at all.

They were added May 31 2012 I started around Feb 12 when OD was added.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:57:58 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: July 12, 2013, 04:06:17 pm »

As a new player should I be randoming every newbie match? It would give me enough coin to get a decent item and since I don't know the heros at all its not like I'm losing out on a build.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: July 12, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

As a new player should I be randoming every newbie match? It would give me enough coin to get a decent item and since I don't know the heros at all its not like I'm losing out on a build.
yeah that can work just get ready if you get Chen or Morphling
I still hardly know how to play morphling  :P

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »

Just play defensive morphling if that happens, and let someone else do the damage.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: July 12, 2013, 05:43:31 pm »

Abbadon is so ridiculously good...

He can do everything.

Look at his level 1 stats: 600hp, 60 damage, 2.3 armour

Then you get his shield, even at level 1 it's donkeyballs. On application it removes almost all negative debuffs. Then it blocks ALL damage up to the 110 threshold at which point it returns it in a massive AOE. The best part, cooldown is almost nonexistant (hell, the duration of the shield is longer than the cooldown at all levels) and the mana cost is so low. Especially combined with the fact that this guy has such good int gain.

So can you imagine level 1 fighting this guy? What on earth are you supposed to do? Every 12 seconds he basically has immortality and if you try and fight him, you will die.

Oooooh, and then there's his passive. ANYTHING you attack, will grant you and anything else attacking it a whole crapload of buffs. So if you're running away from a 5 man gank? Whack a creep and get free haste for 5 seconds. Chasing an enemy? Whack him, slow him, and give your whole team haste. Works on towers too.

Everything about him is batshit insane. His Q is such a good INSTANT nuke and also heal. His R is crazy. Basically he ain't dying unless you 5-man gank him and chain CC until he dies.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 246