Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240101 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3015 on: July 11, 2013, 06:11:58 am »

I don't, i'm just saying that he might get unlucky, and get three classes that he shouldn't play at all right now. Pay attention.
oh him then yeah stay away from single draft tell you know all the heroes
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:19 am »

Is that the kind of atmosphere this game fosters?
I might get some hate for saying this, but dota its a little diferent from your avarage game, you are expected to have certain base knowledge before jumping in, why? basically for mutual respect for your team mates. There is a super-basic tutorial, there are tons of guides on the internet and more important there are bot games. After doing some practice and having a minimum grasp of the mechanics go play with humans, telling them you are new to the game when the game starts its a good idea, ask what your team needs and try to generaly listen to comments, slowly but surely you will understand the game better and better and have some fun.
Good Luck

PD: I never understood why people get so hurt with internet hate, if you think you are doing reasonably well and doing your best, dont listen to them and keep playing, thats the only way to learn anyways.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: July 11, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

Use the mute button liberally. You literally have no reason to hear people shit on you. Just mute them.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: July 11, 2013, 02:50:17 pm »

As you get into the higher stages, the rage dudes do tend to disappear somewhat.  I think maybe once every 4-6 games I get someone who is a jackass and I mute him, otherwise I've also played with a ton of really nice and fun to play with dudes.  Lower rankings (and in All pick especially), you tend to get a lot more raging little kids.

Oh another thing on angry people and modes: All pick tends to have a lot of try-hards, 5 man teams, and jackasses from what I've seen.  Where as All Random tends to get a lot more people who play for fun rather then for winning.  It might not be best for a new player to go all random, but perhapes play against bots with people (who also then tend to have a better time since you aren't losing to real people if you are losing) and then start playing the slightly sillier modes.
Nom nom nom

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: July 11, 2013, 05:23:48 pm »

All random is the manly choice.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: July 11, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »

I dont know if it just me or maybe i need to try more, but everytime i played AR in dota2 (not more than 5) i got some one on the team that never played the hero he got...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: July 11, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »

The only thing I hate about AR is when the other team get's Team TI3 and you have the no stun team....
Or say the get a NP and PL and you have no counter push at all :(

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: July 11, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »

At least on my skill bracket i think how your team plays has a greater impact than picks, so even TI3 team can lose against no stun team, some games really feel like: "Who sucks less wins"

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: July 11, 2013, 06:19:17 pm »

At least on my skill bracket i think how your team plays has a greater impact than picks, so even TI3 team can lose against no stun team, some games really feel like: "Who sucks less wins"
I really need to play more dota so I can get out of the low end stuff I'm just lazy and only play a few games of dota every few days.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: July 11, 2013, 06:27:17 pm »

Im just facing the fact that i may have probably reached my "skill cap", 51-52% win rate is as good as it gets for me. I think the game really reaches a point where you need to put a real time investment in it to improve more and im barely playing 2 or 3 games a week.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: July 11, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »

So I've gone back to playing 5 bot games followed by a single multiplayer game.

I'm realizing that learning this game is like going back to school. And where did the word gank come from?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: July 11, 2013, 06:57:48 pm »

All random is the manly choice.

Add Divine Courage to that.

Hell, go Reversed Captains Mode Divine Courage All Mid
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: July 11, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »

Win rate is pretty irrelavent.
For the most part you will simply get to your skill level (where you will have a ~50% win rate if you exclude the first dozen games spent getting up to your skill level) and just stay there forever.

It is only if you are so good that you fall off the end of the matchmaking spectrum (or only play games with a great team), that you will get good enough to get significantly over a 50% winrate.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: July 11, 2013, 07:29:21 pm »

The ultimate goal of matchmaking is to get everybody, except the absolute 'best of the best' and 'worst of the worst', to a 50% win rate. Reaching that win rate doesn't mean you've hit a 'skill cap', it means you've hit the correct matchmaking tier. (Some exceptions occur if you constantly play with organized teams.) There's always room for improvement!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: July 11, 2013, 07:38:52 pm »

And if you're dissatisfied with MM you should join a In House League like the IXDL I have a acquaintance that play in it a lot.

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 246