Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240062 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2850 on: June 19, 2013, 09:11:03 am »

I just want someone to hold me, and tell me it's going to be alright. But what if i rejoin with the same Tinker?
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

How are you so far down in the trenches?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 19, 2013, 09:47:35 am »

I have very few games played, as i struggle to suffer through more than a few per week  ::).

But it's better already. I am at the bracket that buys the courier and sometimes even has a single ward on the bottom rune. In that shitty ward spot, but.. still.. that's something.

Edit : I also firstpick Meepo in a team that has 4 melee carries, and micro to steal ALL of their farm AT THE SAME TIME. Then i proceed to feed relentlessly. Could that have something to do with the trench?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:53:53 am by Stworca »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: June 19, 2013, 10:01:54 am »

Ah the meepo thing aside you just need to play more games to climb out I'm still pretty far down but at least I don't have people auto the lane down as much, Wards are still pretty rare unless I'm the support but I play that most of the time anyways.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: June 19, 2013, 11:40:46 am »

Ah shoots, they're going to have a vote on what hero's going to be released next. Damn Techie players were worse than Riki players back in DOTA 1.
As someone who has never played the original Dota, I am simultaneously excited and horrified by Techies.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: June 19, 2013, 11:48:54 am »

Techies will be played more than Pudge (who is played in 103% of the matches). Just putting it out there.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: June 19, 2013, 01:34:23 pm »

The thing about Techies is threefold:

* It's a hard hero to play well. Figuring out where to put explosives, how to set up traps, and most importantly, how not to be immediately hard-countered by a gem.

* It's an easy hero to play poorly, but still have fun with. Maybe you only get one super-satisfying Remote Mine kill in the entire game, and are otherwise useless. But damn it, that one blast made you feel awesome, and you'll be damned if you aren't picking Techies again next time to experience it again!

* It's a hero that's constantly mentioned on forums... meaning lots of people with no clue how to play the hero, will end up playing the hero.

So... yeah. Besides, there's a few unreleased heroes that I don't remember playing back in DotA 1, and I'd much rather see them than a release of Techies. But Techies is 100% guaranteed to win any popular vote.  ::)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: June 19, 2013, 01:42:54 pm »

Pretty sure that Techies will be like Meepo. Everyone went on about how they're pro and gonna play him all the time, and now count how many people you actually see playing as Meepo.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: June 19, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »

Pretty sure that Techies will be like Meepo. Everyone went on about how they're pro and gonna play him all the time, and now count how many people you actually see playing as Meepo.

I doubt it. Techies are a whole different level of a hero.

See: Teemo
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: June 19, 2013, 02:31:08 pm »

Techies are basically Teemo extreme so yeah, they're pretty popular.

Teemo also has that whole super cutesy thing going about him. Techies are... two rednecks and a barrel.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: June 19, 2013, 02:32:15 pm »

Techies are basically Teemo extreme so yeah, they're pretty popular.

Teemo also has that whole super cutesy thing going about him. Techies are... two rednecks and a barrel.

Indeed; they are teemo extreme, they are even cuter than teemo!
...seriously. People love goblins.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: June 19, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »

You can do some pretty crazy combos with techies
I like the tiny techies lane with tiny tossing them then boom first blood it even better now that toss is max range at all lvls.

but yeah I played a lot of techies in Dota 1 sentries and a gem make him really sad. 

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: June 19, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

...seriously. People love goblins.

I hear ya...

Have to say, I'm also looking forward to Techies.  Never played original dota, so never played them either.  Will I be terrible?  Absolutely.  Will I try to get better and be the damnedest, most devious explosives artiste around?  Probably, but I'll get distracted by something else halfway through.

Even so, I tend to think around and outside the box, I like just wandering around doing my own little thing, and I have no issue with sacrificing myself for the greater good.  Hell, gimme aegis and refresher so I can pull a double-suicide, if only because my team was crazy enough to give Techies aegis and enough farm for refresher.

Gem will only get you so far...  There are still natural sight blocks like trees and cliffs.  Roshan's pit will almost assuredly have protection against mines, but there is always a way.

...unless you're up against an Aghanim's Night Stalker with a gem and it's nighttime.  Then you might have issues.  But there will always be more mines!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: June 19, 2013, 04:29:21 pm »

It's been a while (and I never played with skilled DotA 1 players), but isn't Techies' StasisTrap a bit... excessive? I mean, it's a 3 second AoE stun at level 1, and a 6 second stun at level 4. I'm seeing Techies + Mag combos - get a 3-man RP, Skewer the victims into a freshly-placed Stasis Trap, the remaining RP duration holds them until the trap detonates, and you can stack as many explosives, Shockwaves, or other AoE skills as possible. Never mind a 10 second cooldown, meaning you only have 4 seconds of downtime between trap stuns.

Am I missing something, or is Stasis Trap alone an insanely powerful teamfight skill?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »

Or, all depending on how they work/arm, just plop a fresh one down in the middle of a teamfight after the primary initiator has gotten everyone's attention.

...or use Dark Seer's Vacuum to suck targets into a hidden motherlode of boomstuff.  Or Pudge to drag them across the coals.  Or have NP use a high-level Sprout, and plant something inside it where they can't see and strike it down.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 246