Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240026 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2820 on: June 15, 2013, 05:13:27 am »

I think he was more referring to Slardar's ult being something that grants true sight and increases the squishiness of both those already-squishy heroes, and also disables Slark's ult passive for the duration (because most people don't pause to think about how Dark Pact dispels stuff...).

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 15, 2013, 05:49:49 am »

Did you feed that cheap piece of crap Slark, repeatedly being stabbed by his shiv?

Close, but no cigar.
Bot rage quit after 15 minutes.

It was a 0 last hits, roaming Slardar
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 15, 2013, 12:03:33 pm »

Suport slardar, becouse your team thinks picking 5 hard carrys is good.

That would be a little piece of dota publicity, if it wasnt F2P.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:05:31 pm by ukulele »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 15, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »

Woop! I got my second in-game courier drop!

This time it's the $15 snowl! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebt4aOXhFAc

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 15, 2013, 09:00:21 pm »

Suport slardar, becouse your team thinks picking 5 hard carrys is good.

That would be a little piece of dota publicity, if it wasnt F2P.
huh what wrong with a support slardar it not like he even a good carry or something.
not sarcasm he just overall a bad hero 
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 16, 2013, 08:51:50 am »

I prefer him to support Sven, due to more spammable stun with longer duration and additional slow.
Not to mention low mana cost, compared to the bolt, and less avoidable.

Saying he's a bad hero is wrong, the thing is, that there are more focused heroes to each of his roles. In pubs Slardar can be amazing, due to flexibility. In competitive, you need more focused heroes. KotL and Wisp both make Sven better than Slardar, so Sven has his uses, while Slardar is left out.

Still, he's far from weak or broken.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:51 am »

The change to his bash to physical was nice but I don't think he got a good enough buff.
he pretty good with a blink though.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 16, 2013, 09:19:49 am »

His smoke ganking potential is insane, free roaming ganker is where he excells in my opinion. Potentially #2, but that will only work on solo safe, with aggressive tri. Even then, Wind Runner or LD will demolish him during laning. That's his biggest weakness - laning.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 16, 2013, 09:24:03 am »

His ultimate also fits far better into a support role than, say, Sven's ult.  And a -20 armor debuff results in some pretty insane damage on the affected unit.

The stun, however, is just different.  You need to get up-close and personal in order to pull it off, and Slardar doesn't really have any ways of doing that besides just sprinting, and that's slow enough to give plenty of warning to anyone involved.  Sven on the other hand can fire off that bolt from a decent range, allowing for either a greater element of surprise or just an easier time while chasing.  Slardar is capable of stunning people with just his regular attack though, something Sven can't do.

He's certainly not a carry, but I would argue that he makes a perfectly acceptable semi.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 16, 2013, 03:46:19 pm »

VP vs EG
What the fuck did I just watch?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 16, 2013, 03:53:56 pm »

VP vs EG
2 teams throw but mega creeps are stronger then eg throw.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 16, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

VP vs EG

For those of you that didn't catch the game live: http://www.twitch.tv/dreamhackdota/b/417660476?t=11h45m33s

Seriously, this game is worth watching.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 16, 2013, 07:26:31 pm »

EG and throw are perfect synonyms with each other. It happens so much there's even a website called http://whendidegthrowlast.com/.

I would never bet on them. Not even if the team they were going up against consisted of Sarah Palin, three monkeys, and a piece of chewing gum.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »

EG and throw are perfect synonyms with each other. It happens so much there's even a website called http://whendidegthrowlast.com/.

I would never bet on them. Not even if the team they were going up against consisted of Sarah Palin, three monkeys, and a piece of chewing gum.
pretty much
I'm just sad that my 2 fav teams are out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so pretty much 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
are going to win Dreamhack

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 16, 2013, 10:37:19 pm »

That game I linked was followed with an interview with one of the EG players (can't remember who) who talked about how the team gets overconfident when they're ahead, and how *cough* certain players *cough* tend to get very emotional while playing. Which at least indicates the team is aware of the causes of the 'EG throw'. Now, if only they could concoct a solution...
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 246