Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240009 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2775 on: June 09, 2013, 07:55:23 am »

eh he pretty balanced now Corki pretty much the king of the carries now that Naix is no more.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 09, 2013, 08:52:40 am »

eh he pretty balanced now Corki pretty much the king of the carries now that Naix is no more.
C'mon, gyro isn't that hard of a carry. Pretty much anyone can manfight him. The only problem is that he rapes any nearby supports that happen to be there. Which in turn means that bane can fiend's grip your carry with ease. But pretty much the same happens with, let's say, Void with chrono or luna with her glaives.

And radiance on enigma wasn't THAT bad. Is just that he rushed it after blink-bkb, when something like necronomicon or blademail would have been more effective.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:57:31 am by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 09, 2013, 09:48:53 am »

I mostly mean for competitive play not just a random pub, Void/AM/Troll are pretty much the kings of that where you have no team to shut him down so he just get free farm and wins the game.

@Stworca nice nature profit video btw that ck still makes me sick.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 09:56:10 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 09, 2013, 10:09:51 am »

C'mon, gyro isn't that hard of a carry. Pretty much anyone can manfight him. The only problem is that he rapes any nearby supports that happen to be there. Which in turn means that bane can fiend's grip your carry with ease. But pretty much the same happens with, let's say, Void with chrono or luna with her glaives.

You heavily underestimate flak cannon. The range is 1000 and it never misses. That cooldown increase was needed. (It won't affect team fights, but it will slow down the insane farm that Gyro could have)
Furthermore, you insanely underestimate rocket barrage level 1. Going for rune, and suddenly hastened Gyrocopter appears? You're dead. Only invisibility / insane juking can save you there.

You don't even need to be any good to score first blood with Gyro. The enemy just has to be out of position.

Edit : Leveling up crit as first is a valid CK strategy... somewhere.. not really. Damn those pubs
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 10:12:14 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 09, 2013, 12:21:53 pm »

Oh, I meant that gyro wasn't that hard of a carry late game. Yeah, he rapes supports, but a 6 slotted gyro manfighting a 6 slotted hard carry like spectre, void, or medusa dies faster than the other guy, kinda like anti-mage. His strength is in the early-mid game, and even if he can carry and pull off a rapier comeback, the longer the game lasts, the more heroes can beat him. Kinda like magina yet again.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:31:54 pm by ranter »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 09, 2013, 01:26:16 pm »

Doesn't much matter if you can out-manfight him when he's turned the 5v5 teamfight into a 5v3 or a 5v2 by the time the BKBs are done.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 09, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »

Played a bunch of Random OMG + All Random + Dota x2 matches.

Basically every player gets random heroes. Each hero has completely random skills. And every single skill and item in the game gives 2x of everything. So 2x stuns, 2x damage, 2x stats, 2x slows, 2x AOE, etc.

Super freaking awesome.

Very first game I got Slark... with charge of darkness. It was so freaking glorious. Basically faster than haste speed Slark with 2.4 second stun at level 1. Coupled with Decay that steals 8 strength and does 100 damage at level 1.

Every single game was completely insane!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 09, 2013, 07:45:30 pm »

So, would that then mean that Huskar's ult would do between 100% and 120% (Aghanim's) of a player's health of damage?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 09, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »

So, would that then mean that Huskar's ult would do between 100% and 120% (Aghanim's) of a player's health of damage?
I would assume so yes.

Even culling blade works at double the required amount of HP.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 09, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

Until you get a OD with Time-Lock, Strafe, and Fury Swipes the pain all the pain  :'(

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 09, 2013, 09:13:20 pm »

We fought a Leshrac that had Mystic Snake. It had a base damage of 400, and could jump 12 times.

Okay... so that's 50% damage increase per jump.

Do I need to do the math? :P

We won though because the entire rest of his team abandoned after we went 16 to 0 in a few minutes. And by that point my Dagon did 1600 damage so it could instakill Leshrac.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 09, 2013, 10:57:00 pm »

In case anyone is wondering how to play all these crazy gamemodes, just go to d2ware.net and it'll walk you through.

d2ware is essentially an online client. You join a room there or create one then when it's full you will automatically join the game via Dota 2. It's easy and painless and there's lots of different modes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:15 am »

Just carried a game as NP.

No, not to say that I built myself as a rightclicker...  Although I was fairly decent at it towards the end.  More just that I am the sole reason we survived into the endgame and eventually won.

Through pure pushing might, I managed to keep the hysterically fed bot army at bay while the rest of my team either ragequit or fed.  By the end, I was one of only three players still involved in the game...  And the only one who spoke English.

I was also about 7 levels above everyone else on my team, having maxed out fairly early.  Had 10400 gold in my pocket that I had absolutely no idea what to do with.

'Twas fun, especially since I picked NP on a whim since it had been a while since I played him and I now have some neat-looking items for him now.

On another subject, I had my first Captain's Mode game...  OH, THE STRESS OF PICK/BAN!  And I wasn't even captain, thankfully...  Wound up as Carrycopter and after a truly rousing game managed to stomp the enemy team, three of whom were part of their own little clan.  I knew one guy on my team, the rest of us had never met each other.  Good fun.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 10, 2013, 10:13:21 am »

Happens the same to me, captains mode messes with my nerves, at least during pick/ban a a few of the starting minutes.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 10, 2013, 10:23:51 am »

It only messes people up if everyone understands the bans / picks in the first place. Void first bans just make me laugh.

Low skill captains mode is just silly, especially if the captain is Russian, and only speaks Russian.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 246