Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240003 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2760 on: June 07, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

I think thats a big diference between dota and dota 2, the pro scene and its meta influence the pubs a lot more, obviously i dont have data regarding this but id asume a great majority of the decent and up players watch some pro games, you can tell by the usual picks that the pub scene is infuenced by the pro one, one hero starts being played in pro matches and it starts apearing in pubs. In general i think this is great becouse it improves the overall level of the players but it also has the other side wich is getting flamed for not leveling/buying the same stuff the pro players do.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 08, 2013, 05:13:48 am »

Unlike Meepo same-hero, Phantom Lancer same-hero actually works...  Albeit in a way that is a hilarious parody of the Dota 2 meta itself.

As soon as one side starts getting an advantage, they spiral madly out of control and completely overwhelm the resistance.  I also got to prove to myself that PL's "powerslide" is indeed visible to the other players...  Which just makes it all the more funny.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 08, 2013, 06:01:21 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcO_SOqYp8k
This game was ridiculous, everyone should watch it.  I may have to try the OD Pugna combo in pubs.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 08, 2013, 06:41:47 am »

I didn't think of od, but i wondered when teams would pick up pugna for very quick tower kills...

My only question...why isn't jakiro picked up more? is it simply because the major threats on a team will tend to pick up a BKB?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:51:51 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 08, 2013, 08:12:18 am »

I didn't think of od, but i wondered when teams would pick up pugna for very quick tower kills...

My only question...why isn't jakiro picked up more? is it simply because the major threats on a team will tend to pick up a BKB?
he starting to come back and it was the big nerf to his dmg from ice path the 100 to 25 messed up his early game trilane killing potential.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 08, 2013, 08:41:30 am »

Ok... now remembered the downside of dota 2...the matchmaking is horrible...brand new players(3 people with less then 10 wins most of whom were solo) matched up against a 5 man team of all having 250+ wins...

better yet...can someone explain the following screenshot? I was running from spirit breaker and he uses nether strike from near outside of his vision range, this screenshot was from the replay at the exact second nether strike was cast...from the looks of it spirit breaker was 750 units away so unless they were playing with a ping of 500+ I don't see how that is possible...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:42:46 am by etgfrog »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 08, 2013, 12:59:26 pm »

It has a cast animation, in your picture he is already invis, almost ready to teleport and bash you, when you cast that skill he does some fancy stuff before turning invis, that fancy stuff takes 1-2 secs and that could acount for the distance difference.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 08, 2013, 01:06:32 pm »

Yup. It's sort of like Sniper's Assassinate - you have to be in range to activate Nether Strike, but once you start activating it, the ability will connect no matter how far away the target moves.

Which, by the way, is why you do not use Nether Strike to interrupt TPs unless you know they're less than a second into the channel. Because there's a strong risk you'll end up Nether Striking right into their fountain after their TP completes.  :o

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 08, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »

Yup. It's sort of like Sniper's Assassinate - you have to be in range to activate Nether Strike, but once you start activating it, the ability will connect no matter how far away the target moves.

Which, by the way, is why you do not use Nether Strike to interrupt TPs unless you know they're less than a second into the channel. Because there's a strong risk you'll end up Nether Striking right into their fountain after their TP completes.  :o
Or say chen's send back
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 08, 2013, 06:08:27 pm »

Has anyone tried a Silencer / OD Combo? I tried it once and got ruined by a much better team so I wasn't able to gather any data.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 08, 2013, 06:34:28 pm »

Or say chen's send back
Yup. Basically, Nether Strike can work like an inverse fountain hook.

On the flip side, you're 99% certain to make it into Fails of the Week, so I guess there's an upside.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 08, 2013, 06:36:07 pm »

It has a cast animation, in your picture he is already invis, almost ready to teleport and bash you, when you cast that skill he does some fancy stuff before turning invis, that fancy stuff takes 1-2 secs and that could acount for the distance difference.
invisibility is bugged in the replay, it was showing that he had invisibility even while attacking under the tower, but even then watching him closely, when he turned around to use it he moved forward a little bit then used it from outside of the cast range, maybe if he had a scepter i could understand, but not range 400

Even later on in the replay, he was still using it from outside of the range dispite still the skill being level 1 and no scepter.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:47:26 pm by etgfrog »

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 08, 2013, 07:45:58 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW YEAH

I just had the most epic match I've played in months
WARNING: Hideous builds inside. From both teams.
http://i.imgur.com/jR23Stn.jpg

They stomped us pretty hard mid game and shut down our kunkka, to the point that even with a good black hole we didint have the damage to finish them all. They took mid raxes. They took the ancient towers. They took top T· tower. But we managed to stand. We managed to get more items. We managed to get rosh again and again. We got 5-man Black holes. We stopped that batrider. We took 3k worth of HP of axe. And we managed to win three teamdights in a row and win.

Fucking epic. Completely fucking epic.

There were some pretty hideous moments, like whenever bloodseeker silenced our carries late game or the builds of many of the players (Fucking. Radiance. On. Enigma.) But overall was a really enjoyable match.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:53:32 am by ranter »

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 09, 2013, 03:29:34 am »

Nice game there. Also Rad on Enigma was/is really old build (like 6.5x versions of DotA) so maybe he read some old guide and tried it :D. Its a lot of dmg if you can land perfect black holes with midnight pulse.

Oh yeah if you can tolerate old DotA looks -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5iPQh4EO4

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 09, 2013, 07:05:57 am »

I just fell in love with Cancer Lancer. Even after the 20% damage reduction on illusions, NOTHING can stop our march.
It almost feels like some PL addiction meeting.

Hi, i'm Tad, and i'm a Phantom Lancer
"Hi Tad"
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 246