Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239957 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2625 on: May 27, 2013, 12:08:35 pm »

I still don't see a way to fix the gayest lane in asia (kotl-pl) though.
Nerf the mana replenished by chakra maybe?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: May 27, 2013, 12:37:30 pm »

I still don't see a way to fix the gayest lane in asia (kotl-pl) though.
Nerf the mana replenished by chakra maybe?
That'd go against the concept of chackra magic. It the same as to why If doesn't separate bloodseeker silence and steroids in two skills: They are part of the concept of the hero. And reducing chakra effect would  just render it useless, while nerfing CD, damage or mana cost of spirit lance would make it useless whenever you don't have a kotl.
The best I can think of is a CD on who can get his mana replenished, like with mek heal, but I'm still not sure about how effective would that be.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:19 pm »

QPAD is such an embarrasment lol...

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: May 27, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »

Well, a GDStudio team would be popular enough to get more than a few sponsors, don't you agree?

But yeah, I hope Singx2 uses this summer to get a good team and get back in the action. He might lack profesionalism, but he's a really dedicated guy.

And hell, it's not as bad as what happened to dreamz. At least they don't claim to be ther very best of the best. #PINOYDOTOBESTDOTO
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:39:25 pm by ranter »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: May 27, 2013, 01:47:25 pm »

About PL+KotL, maybe make chakra a % of mana restored or a mix like X+Y%. It would scale really well into late game, but mana problems almost dont exist late game. Also maybe it could replenish X times the intelligence.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: May 27, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »

About PL+KotL, maybe make chakra a % of mana restored or a mix like X+Y%. It would scale really well into late game, but mana problems almost dont exist late game. Also maybe it could replenish X times the intelligence.
Think about Storm spirit or Leshrac having their mana replenished per percentages and being able to get just mana pool and damage items instead of mana regen. If that doesn't scare you, please go watch some videos of Blitz playing storm spirit.

Edit: In fact, here you have some epic ones.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6S1IN5X8KM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlL5GjWY4lk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA8E_qiB6AA

Those matches were so FREAKIN' EPIC
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:59:06 pm by ranter »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: May 27, 2013, 04:24:40 pm »

I still think it would be an improvement over a fixed value, its not like im saying the skill should give 50% of mana replenished. I also dont understand the point of those videos, some heroes when played well and in the right circumstances are great, yes i agree.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: May 28, 2013, 08:52:05 am »

The second game is a really good example of how fucking scary can be a good storm spirit with a decent early game. I just added the other two because I really liked that series

Now, if you make kotl replenish mana per percentages, you don't even need that decent early game. 2k bucks on mana boosters and BAM, that handsome devil is ready to blow your entire team while stopping in Ol' Ez Repair shop to get up and running again in no time.

A good SS in the right circumstances is the most fucking scary thing in the world. And kotl replenishing percentages of max mana pool would make every circumstance a good circumstance.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: May 28, 2013, 09:30:11 am »

KotL is always banned anyway.

The scariest thing in the universe remains Pudge+Wisp global hooks.

Edit : You could tie the mana gained from chakra to KotL's intelligence, forcing him to get some farm before becoming the curbstomping BS support that wrecks game.. And this takes farm away from the carry..
Then again, illuminate ensures last hits even in hell itself.

He's a bit too much at the moment. Bat, KotL, Nyx and Magnus (maybe Wisp too) get picked or banned in every game.
One day people will first-ban Treant Protector. Mark my words!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:54:14 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: May 28, 2013, 09:57:24 am »

I only hope after TI3 they thing and once they decide to take action, do half of what the thought first, also not every picked hero needs nerf hammer sometimes its just the meta, i just dont want more heroes banished from existance (at pro levels). Legend says las year a hero made the gods angry most dont remember his name today but i do, Morphling. (DU DU DUNNNN)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: May 28, 2013, 11:18:15 am »

OH, c'mon, both lycan and morphling are still really strong. The only thing nerfed about lycan was being able to jungle fast without risking anything and morph lost effectivenes in his shotgun (Okay, the first nerf was really hard, but the next patches left him in a pretty good shape), but in the right conditions they still hit like a truck. The difference now is the meta. Try to fit lycan in the trilane meta or risk mid game with morph against furion/ck+wisp/anyone else (He has good early game, bad mid game and good late game since the shotgun nerf.). These guys are still viable, it's just that the strategies used actually leave them as situational picks, like ogre magi.

By the way, this was a really good match (x2 OMG)
http://i.imgur.com/ar6q82M.jpg
3v5 and without many OP combos (only mystic snake on centaur and beastmaster had it too, with acid spray on void too), and yet we stomp them. I had carapace, lunar blessing, lightning bolt and golems. And yet we manage to stomp them

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: May 28, 2013, 11:22:19 am »

Being able to cast E-blade while waving was BS anyway.

While we can argue that he got hit somewhat too hard, going into 1v5 fights, killing 2 people and escaping like nothing happened was good enough ground to look closely into him. The changes hurt, but only those who were used to the state of Morph before.
Didn't someone effectively use him during Defense 3? Dignitas? Pretty sure he was ran as solo mid at D3.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:25:24 am by Stworca »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26:53 am »

Bloodseeker wishes he could see half the competitive action Treant sees.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: May 28, 2013, 11:28:21 am »

By the way, this was a really good match (x2 OMG)
http://i.imgur.com/ar6q82M.jpg
3v5 and without many OP combos (only mystic snake on centaur and beastmaster had it too, with acid spray on void too), and yet we stomp them. I had carapace, lunar blessing, lightning bolt and golems. And yet we manage to stomp them
Cmon you can already tell there is a crazy skill disparity from their picks and their items, gloves before boots? gloves+claws?

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: May 28, 2013, 11:29:33 am »

I love the GoH, Stout Shield + a branch Pudge. Top skill bracket.
My bet is he left early (4 deaths only) making it a 3v4, where the difference in skill mattered more. The amount of supports Dire team had is astonishing. For goodness sake, in most pubs it's usually just flailing around for both teams, until void / am / other gets enough farm and wins the game on his own. They at least got boots.

Edit : Going back to Morph. Wasn't Naga nerfed more as a carry, after IT2?

Lastly, despite the changes, Morph is STILL a ranged ago carry with 2 escape mechanisms and a survivability mechanism. The only guy even close to being as tough to bring down, is.. Naix?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:38:05 am by Stworca »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 246