Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239937 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2595 on: May 22, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »

Can I get a link to the custom client place that hosts dotawars?  I used to fucking love those custom games on warcraft 3.
Yeah, I'm not really a big Riki fan either.  He can be nice at times as a scout or something, but that requires that someone actually plays him in a more support-y role.  His whole big thing is easily countered (even more so than standard invis, thanks to silencing having that effect on him), and his rightclicking ability only works in special situations.  Smoke screen is awesome though.
I actually pick riki occasionally just to mess with people, since no ones prepared for a roaming perma invis hero at l6.  Whenever my group of que-mates decides we wanna just totally fuck with the enemy I take riki mid, we get a pudge, lina lane top, and a jungle natures with a solo bot.  I don't think we've actually lost with that, since people get soooo fucked over in the mid game.
Nom nom nom

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 22, 2013, 05:45:07 pm »

Yet another co-op, randomed Dark Seer, traded for a randomed Shadow Fiend, dominated the game with final KDA of 30/0/7.   Only two people on our team ever died at all, and ironically the one who died the most was Weaver...

Has anyone else noticed that the bots have stopped "sympathy-AFKing" when someone drops out of a co-op?  Used to be that whenever a player disconnected, one of the bots would stop doing anything and just sit in fountain, invulnerable.  That appears to have been messed up by the recent patches, since they don't stop anything anymore and...  Well, sometimes they stay invulnerable.  Just ran into a couple Luna illusions who were untouchable because of that.

Makes it a bit interesting.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 22, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »

I've been trying a new mode on d2ware:
Best thing ever ty played like 4 games of OMG x2 mode was so fun.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 23, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Can I get a link to the custom client place that hosts dotawars?  I used to fucking love those custom games on warcraft 3.
Yeah, I'm not really a big Riki fan either.  He can be nice at times as a scout or something, but that requires that someone actually plays him in a more support-y role.  His whole big thing is easily countered (even more so than standard invis, thanks to silencing having that effect on him), and his rightclicking ability only works in special situations.  Smoke screen is awesome though.
I actually pick riki occasionally just to mess with people, since no ones prepared for a roaming perma invis hero at l6.  Whenever my group of que-mates decides we wanna just totally fuck with the enemy I take riki mid, we get a pudge, lina lane top, and a jungle natures with a solo bot.  I don't think we've actually lost with that, since people get soooo fucked over in the mid game.
Here you have
http://d2ware.net/index

Also, you sound like the kind of man who would love techies.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 23, 2013, 08:02:16 pm »

New Patch
GAMEPLAY
- Elder Titan: Fixed Natural Order not upgrading on Elder Titan.
- Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit waking up units that were hit by the Spirit Stomp.
- Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit having the wrong radius while returning after it expired.
- Fixed Shadow Blade incorrectly revealing its owner on secondary attack types if they occurred after the fade time.

UI
- The combat log is now localized.
- The Watch tab will now default to the Tournaments sub-tab if there is a live match.
- Added an automatic "(idle)" tag in Rich Presence for players that are AFK.
- Tournaments are now sorted by their last game played.
- Fixed a bug where notifications of item purchases didn't work if the courier did the purchase.
- Fixed bug where chat ban notifications weren't displaying hours left correctly.

PERFORMANCE
- Reduced memory usage.

AUDIO
- Updated Nightstalker ultimate sound and made it global for teammates.
- Fixed Mana Leak target sound.
- Fixed Dust sound.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 24, 2013, 01:33:02 am »

Today was a bad day for all random. Full of 200gpm carries. I don't understand how people can suck so bad at right clicking on a static target that they literally only get 20 gold more per minute than if they did nothing and sat in the fountain the whole game.

Two games we gave carries full freefarm for over 20 minutes and all they had to show for it was at best... power treads.

I really have no words to say. It really is absolutely horrendous when even after playing hundreds of games you can't outfarm a melee creep.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:46 am »

Had a PL one time who couldn't finish a diffusal blade in 40 minutes. Going 2/12 probably wasn't helping either.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: May 24, 2013, 11:09:04 am »

What really gets in my nerves are ODs who level imprisonment last and necrolytes who go for ultstick. And it's even worse when I ask them if they know how to play the hero and if they want to swap and they say that they can do it. Then the first skill point goes to the heal. Just... ARGH

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 24, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

Had a game against Axe, DK, PL, Void and a farm stealing, illuminate spamming KotL as solo-lane Silencer.

Here's a video short. It's not pretty.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 24, 2013, 12:20:41 pm »

Well you didnt showed much of the early game but you DID lose a lane 2vs1.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:47 pm »

It followed up with no gold for Axe, DK getting a few auto-attack kills (followed by being pushed off the lane over and over).
Axe switched to jungling, which left both him and DK useless from minute 20 onward.

KotL stole ALL the farm from PL, who in turn hugged the tower. All PL items were funded by Jugg/Ursa/Clock/WD dying.

DK and Axe were the means of Dire's return, once Silencer started smashing them. (With all my big talk, i still am terrible at last hitting with Silencer, and generally meh at Dota. Although in my defense, it was my first game with Silencer). KotL got caught a few times afterwards, which exposed his lust for Dagon...
Void died a few times, making him unable to actually Time Walk AND Chrono at the same time. Took him half an hour of minimal warding on Dire side, to build a crystalis for his treads and mask.

PL was the only player holding his team together, due to being PL. Difusal and some blades came early, but he never got the health, and with Treads, he never got the speed either.

E : Let's just be clear. Shield IS a good starting item, but not for characters with abysmal farming AND without any stats. It allowed both DK and Axe to not die during the laning, but it also made them not get any farm. Outleveled and outgeared, left useless in mid-end.
There were times when they didn't even mind not having mana.. As in : Most of the time they did not have a drop. No battle hunger, no fire breath, no ulti, no stuns. Just last hitting. I went for pendant early, they went for more healing items and rushed boots. It went downhill.
My last hits were.. 70? Maybe a 90. And yet the game was dominated by that. That's how bad that game was.

I'm a nuke/initiator at heart. But it appears that if you don't carry, you will be forever stuck at auto-attack bracket.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:47:24 pm by Stworca »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 24, 2013, 02:32:53 pm »

Somehow i didnt read and just watched the vid, i couldnt have guessed u where the silencer lol. I tought u where and axe bashing the team u got, not a silencer making fun of the other team :P. Dont ask me why but i find it super strange to do a match overview of the other team.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 24, 2013, 02:38:30 pm »

It followed up with no gold for Axe, DK getting a few auto-attack kills (followed by being pushed off the lane over and over).
Axe switched to jungling, which left both him and DK useless from minute 20 onward.

KotL stole ALL the farm from PL, who in turn hugged the tower. All PL items were funded by Jugg/Ursa/Clock/WD dying.

DK and Axe were the means of Dire's return, once Silencer started smashing them. (With all my big talk, i still am terrible at last hitting with Silencer, and generally meh at Dota. Although in my defense, it was my first game with Silencer). KotL got caught a few times afterwards, which exposed his lust for Dagon...
Void died a few times, making him unable to actually Time Walk AND Chrono at the same time. Took him half an hour of minimal warding on Dire side, to build a crystalis for his treads and mask.

PL was the only player holding his team together, due to being PL. Difusal and some blades came early, but he never got the health, and with Treads, he never got the speed either.

E : Let's just be clear. Shield IS a good starting item, but not for characters with abysmal farming AND without any stats. It allowed both DK and Axe to not die during the laning, but it also made them not get any farm. Outleveled and outgeared, left useless in mid-end.
There were times when they didn't even mind not having mana.. As in : Most of the time they did not have a drop. No battle hunger, no fire breath, no ulti, no stuns. Just last hitting. I went for pendant early, they went for more healing items and rushed boots. It went downhill.
My last hits were.. 70? Maybe a 90. And yet the game was dominated by that. That's how bad that game was.

I'm a nuke/initiator at heart. But it appears that if you don't carry, you will be forever stuck at auto-attack bracket.

Huh, who do you expect to get to play with with only 25 wins? N0tail?

But yeah, the fact that nobody got a BKB against a silencer that fed is disturbing.

By the way, I really really want a buff for razor the next patch. I love his concept, but he's simply so useless in both early, mid and late game even snowballing...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:46:41 pm by ranter »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: May 24, 2013, 02:53:44 pm »

Ever seen a complete carry shutdown done by Razor? Them trilanes by No Tidehunter(?) with Razor were amazing.

Dont ask me why but i find it super strange to do a match overview of the other team.

Because they had it in the bag, with the snowball that they got early on. Logically speaking, they should've won. Furthermore, it's somewhat difficult to see some of your own mistakes (if we did, we wouldn't make them).
Aside from KotL, these were all beginners mistakes, forgivable and forgettable. KotL, however, just ruined his team.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:58:44 pm by Stworca »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 24, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »

I know i shouldnt be saying this becouse i know i wont do anything for it to happen, but we could try to revive the b12 inhouse maybe? it seems more people are playing dota 2 now.

EDIT: Maybe adding the steam group to the OP would be cool.

B12 Dota2 Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433743318
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:45:12 pm by ukulele »
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 246