Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239818 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2145 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:33 pm »

Generally, if you can get a refresher and you're not skelly king you've got enough farm to win the game anyway.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: March 15, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

Generally, if you can get a refresher and you're not skelly king you've got enough farm to win the game anyway.
He's talking about mana cost. He only has 832 mana at level 25. Ult alone is 275 mana. Refresher is 375 mana. That's 925 mana just to cast ult twice.

Refresher only gives 6 int, so it's nowhere near enough.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: March 15, 2013, 05:35:19 pm »

Refresher is very awkward item. There are very few heroes on which refresher is acceptable, but everyone of them has far far better items to aim for. And they also cannot/shouldn't really farm, so 5300 gold is too much to take from them.
Could it be changed somehow, to make it more of a choice, and not only for super duper late games?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: March 15, 2013, 05:51:39 pm »

Refresher is very awkward item. There are very few heroes on which refresher is acceptable, but everyone of them has far far better items to aim for. And they also cannot/shouldn't really farm, so 5300 gold is too much to take from them.
Could it be changed somehow, to make it more of a choice, and not only for super duper late games?

I think refresher on skelly king could work okay, but yeah, apart from that I don't think it's a good item.

A similar problem I've seen these days is with an Ethereal Blade - I've never seen that picked up since the morphling nerf.

Oh, and about the Veil, Umi? Of course after I said that Purge had to get it on Jakiro. :P

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: March 15, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

Usually with the extra int from manta+treads you have enough mana to pull off that refresher. You won't be getting it early anyway.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: March 15, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »

Like I said. Veil is picked up often enough. Same rarity as euls. Just a few hours ago puppey grabbed it for their Zeus vs fanatic.

Almost all the big aoe spammers will get it at some point.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: March 15, 2013, 07:21:41 pm »

Well, he randomed (yup, randoming in CM) zeus against fnatic, so it can be considered an anomaly.

Also, this match was hilarious
http://dotabuff.com/matches/149750011
I'm glad I randomed kotl again before he's nerfed. Illuminate is hilarious against a team without the burst to turn you into dust.

BTW, the midas was at 28 min.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:30 pm »

You can RANDOM in CM!?!??!

I can't wait until I go home next week to try this shit out! XD

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: March 15, 2013, 09:20:03 pm »

You can RANDOM in CM!?!??!

I can't wait until I go home next week to try this shit out! XD
just let the time go down only for pick bans with just skip your ban
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: March 16, 2013, 01:37:18 am »

Keep in mind you don't get random gold for CM. Puppey had some mysterious strats. The new Na'vi team is just brutal right now. Basically an All-star lineup with very entertaining and intelligent plays. I also respect them for not resorting to Phantom Lancer even when he's available.

Also, here's a fun set of graphs for a day of Dota 2: http://public.tableausoftware.com/views/DayofDota2/Overview?:embed=y&:display_count=no

Pretty self-explanatory I think. I like how Ursa and Riki leave the most games.

Also the grand majority of games last about 20 - 30 minutes. Depending on your hero types, your game is also more likely to end faster... with Drow and Keeper making it much more likely to be shorter while Tiny and Void make it much more likely to last longer.

We also see that Zeus does the most hero damage by far. It's weird how we never notice it in game until everyone is dead. Only then do we go "ah, Zeus must have killed all of us".

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 16, 2013, 01:43:21 am »

So the boots question has been bugging me lately on a carry do you get your upgrade boots as a 1st or 2nd item? Like say a Naix getting normal boots then armlet the upgrade boots or the other way around.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:44 am »

I would almost always upgrade boots first. The reason is that it helps with everything. Farming, ganking, pushing. Extra MS is just too good. The same thing with Yasha on Tiny/PL. If you dont have blink, you better go and stack that MS.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 16, 2013, 09:10:31 am »

New patch for Dota 1 just a small one
* Tranquil Boots disabled speed reduced from 50 to 25
* Tranquil Boots heal increased from 170 to 250
* Tranquil Boots cooldown increased from 40 to 60
* Tranquil Boots heal duration increased from 10 to 20
* Illuminate manacost increased from 150 to 150/160/170/180
* Illuminate AOE reduced from 400 to 350
* Spiked Carapace duration reduced from 2.75 to 2.25
* Spiked Carapace cooldown increased from 14 to 23/20/17/14
* Marksmanship bonus is removed when there are nearby enemy heroes (instead of just being halved)
* Reduced Marksmanship enemy detection aoe reduced from 400 to 375
* Heaven’s Halberd's Disarm is no longer dispelled by Manta
* Living Armor damage reduction is now done for all instances of damage that reduce its charges

Previous Living Armor Behavior: It would eat up charges from all damage sources, but only absorb some damage from heroes physical attacks

New Living Armor Behavior: Still eats up charges from all sources (including magic), but absorbs some damage from them as well

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 16, 2013, 09:18:53 am »

Poor Drow.

The Tranquil Boots thing is a little odd. Not quite sure what the implications of that are just yet.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 16, 2013, 11:09:54 am »

There was a silencer in a game I had yesterday who saw fit to get two refreshers.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 246