Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239330 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1155 on: November 11, 2012, 01:48:15 pm »

Anyone have a tip for me on how to play melee champions?

I really have trouble getting any damage done. I stun something, if i even have a disable, hit it 1 or 2 times, then it proceeds to happily run away at the exact same speed or even more than me :|

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

Get boots.

Get someone else (a team member) to chain stuns ontop of yours.

Get attack damage / speed.

Get a blink dagger and / or a force staff.

:)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 11, 2012, 02:37:23 pm »

Anyone have a tip for me on how to play melee champions?

I really have trouble getting any damage done. I stun something, if i even have a disable, hit it 1 or 2 times, then it proceeds to happily run away at the exact same speed or even more than me :|
I assume you're talking about Sven / Skeleton King?

Get a Force Staff. It works wonders. Other than that you kinda have to rely on people standing still somehow. Either because of the CC of your allies or them not paying attention. The other way is to do so much damage that you kill them before the stun wears off.

Edit: We have an in-house starting in 15 minutes! Come and join!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 12, 2012, 04:01:07 am »

Right, I seem to have run into a bug where all I get from Diretide games are essences. 9 Diretide matches, 9 essences. Unfortunately, I have no use for these... so if anyone needs last minute quas or exort essences, let me know.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 12, 2012, 08:03:33 am »

Right, I seem to have run into a bug where all I get from Diretide games are essences. 9 Diretide matches, 9 essences. Unfortunately, I have no use for these... so if anyone needs last minute quas or exort essences, let me know.
I could use a quas and three exort. I wasn't going to play diretide more (after a few matches it gets too boring due to the lack of balance. Just like LoL dominion) and was going to settle with a blue one, but if I can get a purple one (The color of kings!) I'd prefer it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 12, 2012, 10:00:31 am »

I'm also starting to get tired of Diretide, and I just got an unusual essence last night so I'm really not feeling why I should keep playing it.

EDIT:  For one it's always the same god damn heroes.  Pudge, Antimage, Queen of Pain, every game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:18:52 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 12, 2012, 11:50:52 am »

It ends today, don't worry. :P

Ranter, I'll give you what I have.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 12, 2012, 12:22:51 pm »

Hey, everybody should know that umiman is a nice guy who gifts his essences. Kudos for him.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 12, 2012, 01:57:31 pm »

A question, dudes. Sometimes in compet games I see a dual lane mid. Why is this?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 12, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »

does one of them roam a lot?  cause sometimes they will duel lane mid if one is a primary ganker, and that way they can have absolute rune control and still gank freely.
Nom nom nom

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 12, 2012, 02:12:31 pm »

Also you can get like say Lina/Ck or Lesh/Naga and just kill mid over and over and yeah you can control all the rune and the Ck or Naga get petty much free farm.

The atoD 2 tournament is on now btw it using reverse captain mode.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:01 pm »

Just posting here because Valve keeps spamming me with invites for this game. Anyone who wants a Dota 2 invite message me on Steam at [DFC] Denzi and I'll get you sorted, have four gift copies to throw out there.

Also still being bad at Dota 2 here, rarely get the chance to play though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 12, 2012, 06:29:02 pm »

So, Diretide ends in a few hours.

I must say I'm still wondering why Valve decided to give everyone buttloads of items. I mean, sure, they must have made a killing with the keys and all that but it was still awful generous of them.

In any case, my inventory went from like... 20 items to 120. xD

If anyone wants to see it all sorted out like I have in game, it's here: http://dota-trade.com/user=23939

1st page is junk, 2nd page is nice stuff for all heroes, and the rest of the items are sorted by hero starting from page 10 and going backwards to page 7.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 12, 2012, 06:40:41 pm »

How'd you sort your stuff like that?

And yeah, I've gotten a shitload of items, almost two pages on Diretide alone.  If you take into account all the at-a-loss trading of stuff I didn't want for stuff I did, I'd probably have upwards of two pages now.
Shoes...

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 12, 2012, 06:43:11 pm »

Dota is really fun now that i got to hand out a few keys and play with friends. Didn't think i'd have that much fun while i still have no clue what most heroes and abilities do.

We played a couple of single drafts, and it gave me enigma. i've never played him before, but i got off some glorious black holes. if only i would've thought of using the other skills as well, lol.
Took half an hour for my teammates to figure out it's pretty good if they hit stuff thats stuck in my ult, too.

GUYS GUYS I GOT THEM ALL! GUYS?
O COME ON! xD
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:46:48 pm by Lord Snow »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 246