Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239336 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1185 on: November 13, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

My egg hasn't hatched yet, I still have diretide chests, and Diretide is still up. What's up with th--oh wait, Valve time.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 13, 2012, 04:17:29 pm »

Thursday maybe that when the new patch comes out so they can kill two birds with one stone.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 13, 2012, 07:34:48 pm »

Thursday maybe that when the new patch comes out so they can kill two birds with one stone.
^ That probably.

Also the Greevil expanded models and stuff aren't in the game yet (or they'd have been datamined by Cyborgmatt). We're not even sure if they're even couriers.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 13, 2012, 08:41:05 pm »

^ That probably.

Also the Greevil expanded models and stuff aren't in the game yet (or they'd have been datamined by Cyborgmatt Icefrog). We're not even sure if they're even couriers.
fix that for you
But yeah they might be the pet there adding in who know all I know is that Slark will be out in the Test soon  I Hope :P

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 13, 2012, 09:14:10 pm »

Slark AND MEDUSA *fingers crossed*

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 13, 2012, 10:14:12 pm »

So Slark look like he good and his ult look pretty insane but I never played as him so what he verdict?

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 13, 2012, 10:34:13 pm »

So Slark look like he good and his ult look pretty insane but I never played as him so what he verdict?
Its a really semi carry/ganker, his ult works both as a semi-invi (becouse people can tell where you are but not aim at you) and a terrasque becouse of the health regen. what really makes the hero great its the stat stealing, get some attack speed and in a few seconds you are godlike while your enemies turn into worthles crap.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 13, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »

I think my single favorite thing about Dota 2 is that all the heroes are playable without paying anything.  Beyond just not having to farm, I feel like LoL's model actually discourages buying champs.  I know I'll be looking at a cool champ and thinking about getting him and then I'll think "But no, I already have these other guys in the same role I paid for, I don't want to waste money."

With this I can learn as many heroes as I want.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:15 am »

hmm so do you thing Goblin Shredder will be a sven counter?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:41 am »

I might have done one of these before some time ago but I can't remember so screw it~

I was browsing through Reddit as usual and there was a thread talking about what are the fastest ways to tell someone is new.

While the thread is kinda arbitrary, I thought it'd be fun to compile a list here as well. That way people can see it and not have to suffer the embarrassment of actually doing these things in game. Also, unlike the Reddit thread, I'll also explain why these things are bad.

1. "We need a tank" / "we need a str hero"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. Wasting mana / spamming spells in lane

3. Autoattacking the lane

4. Not having tangoes / salves in lane.

5. "If this were LoL I'd carry this game" or any variant of this

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 14, 2012, 06:36:06 am »

I dunno, if he's autoattacking you can always treat him like extra creep damage and last hit around him, instead of autoattacking too.  I mean, judging by what I've seen he's almost certainly a hard carry and you can at least farm up a couple items to help your team out while he's getting that 30-minute battlefury.

6.  "Noob team no help" after you get caught farming in the jungle (Probably because you're a hard carry and got no cs in lane) in the jungle half a map away from everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:41:18 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:00 am »

7. Not pushing / farming up excessively when the enemy has more carry potential than you.
This happens sometimes in games - we'll actually have the more balanced team that can probably win in midgame if we push but Nightstalker and Kunkka want their endgame items before we take tier 2. Meanwhile, enemy Antimage + Void + TA get farm. I'm kind of stuck as a support with nothing to do at this point.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 14, 2012, 08:59:24 am »

This kind of goes with some of the others like 7, but

Having zero metagame (Not really metagame, but higher-level strategic) sense of the game.  I haven't been playing that long and I'm already picking up at least some sense of things, but some people have no idea.  Wanting to force teamfights when they have an obviously better teamfight than us, cookie-cutter builds with no attempts to adapt (Like the aforementioned 30-minute battlefury), that kind of stuff.  I still do the last one occasionally, stridently building my Sange and Yasha as Ursa even as part of me knows that if I get really lucky I'm going to get two swings off before they stun me.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:55 am »

I love this:
Sitting on jungle just becouse you can.

Pointing at the full-support and saying how bad he must be becouse he is underfarmed
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:45:35 am by ukulele »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:29 pm »

So Slark in Dota Test he pretty cool~

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 246