Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51495 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #420 on: August 24, 2011, 01:55:18 am »

You advise Bahavl-Eskon (your blessed) to care for the newborn son. He is to be taught the ways of the forge, the way of the fields, writing, waters, and the way of seduction...Don't expect your champion to be leading your troops or people anytime soon.

Your blessed one has also found a site to found your temple. Its a small hill just in between several farms. Stone is still being hauled in (and being payed for) and gems are too expensive for the moment. Not much planning has been put into it unfortunately, none of your worshipers are builders of any kind.

Together, your clan produces a quarter of the village's wealth, which is to say, 3 currency.

NEW RULE: ALL MORTAL CURRENCY WILL NOW BE ON A SCALE AND WILL NOW BE SIMPLY TERMED "currency" eg. 20 dikas are 1 currency, 1000 coppers is one 1 currency.

As you are thinking of world domination and how great things start small, you are once again absorbed by a sphere of light...Time to see Valahun again.

His chambers are different this time, thrones have been arranged around the pedestal that once held your cube. You also notice  that you have shrunk down to the size of a Vehna. Probably Valahun's work. You then notice that the thrones have gods and personifications as well as spirits seated on them.

"Welcome all to the summit of immortals. This is the time for discussions and how we are to survive...Many of you have of course been to these meetings already, but may I introduce us who have just come into the pantheon? Hafarra, Shulda, El'tase, Moltha, Famallem, Bortamn, and Organis. I welcome you to your first meeting.""What is our first matter?"

Almost immediately the chamber is filled with the voices of bickering gods and personifications...the spirits seem to prefer silence...

You can make out the main argument; some gods wish to strike at the Uivars while some are saying that it is foolish to do so. A smaller party is saying that the new gods have caused too much trouble in the state and must be punished.

(This turn will not last a week. No stats unless new information received)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 24, 2011, 02:57:22 am »

Ask exactly how the other gods and personifications plan on hurting the Uivar, through direct action or subversion?

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 24, 2011, 05:46:45 am »

Take note of those who said the new gods must be punished.
Ask if the Uviar actually worship anything, and if so what its background is.

I have a feeling they are annoyed with us, though we mustn't let them know it was us in particular.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 24, 2011, 05:52:21 am »

I have a feeling they are annoyed with us, though we mustn't let them know it was us in particular.

I think the Uivar worship the Shadow. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 24, 2011, 05:58:11 am »

I think the Uivar worship the Shadow.
According to the mortal Vehna's religious legends. It isn't history and I'd like to know what we're up against. (I also think they worship the Shadow, but I want to see what the gods say)
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 24, 2011, 11:16:12 am »

Do this. Wait, listen, and take note of everybodies opinions.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:21 am »

after we find out who said that stay away from them I don't want to know what they do for punishments here.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 24, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

The Uivar apparently worship Ushavi. At least that's what that one shaman said. Ushavi may or may not be the Shadow. Anyway, I say we keep mostly out of discussions unless specifically brought in. Might be good though to request some get-to-know-you time, if there won't already by that. That way we can learn about the personalities behind the gods, and maybe see what our scouter says about their power levels. Also good to make contact in such a way that we can find each other after the thing is over. Perhaps the gods have cellphones? Also agree with the above about learning who says what and who hates new gods. Maybe a dialog?

Epan: We need more diseases!
Lostaki: I second that.
Lashim: Brother Lostaki, I again disagree with you.

Derr: According to my records, you have never agreed with Lostaki.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 24, 2011, 06:11:09 pm »

The Uivar apparently worship Ushavi. At least that's what that one shaman said. Ushavi may or may not be the Shadow. Anyway, I say we keep mostly out of discussions unless specifically brought in. Might be good though to request some get-to-know-you time, if there won't already by that. That way we can learn about the personalities behind the gods, and maybe see what our scouter says about their power levels. Also good to make contact in such a way that we can find each other after the thing is over. Perhaps the gods have cellphones? Also agree with the above about learning who says what and who hates new gods. Maybe a dialog?

Epan: We need more diseases!
Lostaki: I second that.
Lashim: Brother Lostaki, I again disagree with you.

Derr: According to my records, you have never agreed with Lostaki.

Yeah I'll get a dialog next update. Ushavi was just the shaman's name.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 24, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »

OWW snap a named bad guy lets find him...       later of course after we find out who suggested punishing the new gods.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:46 am »

"Who's been saying the new gods are causing trouble? I've done nothing of the sorts!" You say.

Your words are mostly unheard in the cacophony that is godly politics.

The personification on your left turns towards you and says

"It be Drivah's group who've been wanting to punish the young gods. They believe that the recent bouts of disease and poverty are the works of us new gods. Dregith I am by the way. Came from the Northlands just to hear this crap."

He turns back to slouch.

"SILENCE"

This you hear coming from a Vehna dressed in sad, dour colours. He seems at peace. Strangely, you don't recall a voice, just a thought.

"Yes, as brother Lostaki says, we must be orderly. I'll just give you all mental name tags, because I can."

You feel a spike through your head, you see everyone react as if there was a spike in their heads. The sensation is gone near instantly.

Foram: Ah yes my lord, I petioned for another strike at the Uivar wretches; their shamans and spirit-handlers have been silent of late. Their own gods and spirits seem to be in hiberbation, it would be best to strike now.

Homellay: Agreed
Alfainikk: AgreedFitzan: Aye

Vivanel: Yes...

Derr and Formod; NO!!!

Foram: Eh? Why not? Their at their weakest!

Derr: Previous attacks have been shown to be folly; we lost far more than we gained
Formod: Yes, well besides the casualties an attack would bring, it would also wreck our relationships with several of the tribes.

Opros: You care about those fools? I know you are young but even so; those bastards took away everything!

Foram: Aye we can't just forgive them

Omskol: Oh I think we can admit some into the state; that's what diplomacy's all about

Vivanal: Diplomacy has not got us anything back; the Uivars have not left their lands and their gods do not bow

Gossom: Can we not convert them?

The elder gods: Tried that

Lees: We need more information; what does the hidden cities of the mountains have to say about the Uivars? Or the isle-cities, or the Northlands?

Dregith: The Northlands are at peace for now, the chiefs are in alliance and the Uivars are not raiding.

Valahun: Enough talk for now, even gods tire of these talks. Back to your chairs in an hour.

The gods are chatting amongst theirselves, even the fat ones are chatting.

(Short dialogue I know, too lazy to type more)

What shall we do?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:24:25 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:36 am »

It seems the new gods can be potential allies.  Stick with them for the time being.  Continue to listen and gather information. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2011, 03:22:40 am »

It seems the new gods can be potential allies.  Stick with them for the time being.  Continue to listen and gather information.

Agreed.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 25, 2011, 07:59:33 am »

Agreed I fact lets stay atleast somewhat allies becuase their around the same strength as us so we could influnce them slowly.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 25, 2011, 08:44:10 am »

Agreed I fact lets stay atleast somewhat allies becuase their around the same strength as us so we could influnce them slowly.

No, I think they are probably mostly more powerful than is. We only just arrived, they might have been here for quite some time, and had more time to have more warriors trained, more temples errected and more followers gained.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37