Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85952 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1275 on: April 27, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »

I believe he's trying to make a fire extinguisher. Either that, or he's trying to make dry ice.
Not really, just something that will produce an effect similar to what happens when you use a CO2 fire extinguisher, it makes things cold by taking the heat away from it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:52:26 pm by adwarf »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 27, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »

Anything cold does that. It's called transfer of energy, how do you think hot things make other things hot, and cold things make other things cold? That's why I said, I believe you're trying to make Dry Ice, because that is the solid (And, due to it's low boiling point, cold) form of carbon dioxide. CO2 gas wouldn't do much at room temperature... except cool the metal as it normally would be cooled by convection of air.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 27, 2012, 07:53:25 pm »

I'm not aiming to make dry ice though, I just want to make a stronger, more effective, and more specific version of a Fire Extinguisher.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:50 pm »

So you're trying to blast yourself with enough CO2 to displace the Oxygen in your area... When there's no fire. You're trying to eliminate heat, not fire. If it was a fire, your plan would work, but there's no fire. >.> Not meaning to sound like a jackass, but a bit of knowledge can go a long way. Research something first if you're unsure about it, or hell, even if you're sure but you know there could be differences. Wikipedia, wonderful tool.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »

>.> I know some about this, I did a bit of research, and I'd should do basically the same thing, but DbZ already hit the nail on the head with what I was attempting to do ..

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:44 pm »

It would be a dry ice bomb, because a fire extinguisher works by depriving the fire of the conditions necessarily to continue. Pure CO2 gas isn't that useful, except as a substance which can easily be cooled down to low temperatures.

Therefore, it will be almost-dry-ice.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 28, 2012, 03:27:00 am »

Hah, so this did update.

Spin around. Try to make out what the hell is shooting at us. If so, whip out bow, fire to suppress. If I can't, just get into cover, and drag the others with me.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 29, 2012, 05:14:51 am »

Watch our flanks, keeping an eye on any major changes in heat levels.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1283 on: May 02, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »

Roll 68

Zakroff fell to the ground as Amatin and Varron ran past him and over his body, using their powers respectively to determine the presence of and locate the sudden attacker. They both jumped around a corner as the attacker took off into the blackness of the hall.
The two wizards chased the assassin across the series of hallways, but the attacker was both faster and more agile than either of them.
Varron attempted to use his powers, [6] and successfully rocketed past the assassin, quickly enough to avoid being hit but slowly enough to catch a glimpse of the assassin's uniform: all black, electronic goggles, armed with a sort of SMG with a cooling system on the side and a slot for something that he couldn't quite catch. He then shot into a wall and crumpled to the floor as the assassin ran past him.

Milia projected her field of view to follow the pursuit, just in the case that the assassin would return. She saw the assassin take out a communicator while running, and heard the following:
"Azure, stop attacking and get back here. They have perception powers, you can't use your stealth."
She heard the assassin whisper back.
"Just let me finish one..."

Milia snapped out of her channeled ability, then looked down. There was a palm-sized yellow orb rolling down the hallway.
"...take cover?"
The yellow orb began to emit sparks and heat. The ambient temperature of the area climbed rapidly. While Milia checked her heat suit for damage, Zakroff cursed under his breath and held up his Kaleidobang, attempting to convert it. [1] It had already been morphed so many times, however, that it proved resistant to his attempts to change it further.

"Stupid stubborn matter..."

--------

Jaffar decided that it would be best to act quickly in case these soldiers were important.

He lifted his bolter and began to fire. The gun itself released a high-pitched squeal that was not quite unlike the monster's subsequent reaction to another enemy and target. Together, he and Kayle sufficiently enraged the monster as to shift its focus from the hapless marksmen to the party of six. The creature charged with its blades drawn, the repeated tapping of its legs against the ground thundering through the air.

The five marksmen looked upon the group. Then, the one with the needle rifle motioned to the others, ordering them to get out of sight. They turned to the trees and began to casually leave the area, hoping to be unnoticed.

Miniboss battle begin!

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 02, 2012, 08:08:01 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 02, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 02, 2012, 08:19:02 pm »

"Milia, the other assassin is the one you saw, we need to get moving to the drill before he can catch up, once we're there I'll explain the plan." Zakroff winced slightly as he stood up, he had a feeling he might know who theses assassins were sent by, but even if he was wrong he knew they had to get to those ruins before Van Buren did, something about this planet didn't sit right with Zakroff.

Gather the other, and head for the elevator thing down to the tip of the drill.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 03, 2012, 01:06:33 am »

Amatin turned around and saw the reason it was so hot in here: the yellow orb that both Milia and Zakroff so vehemently tried not to touch.
The orb sparkled with electricity, meaning it was based on something other than a chemical reaction; meaning, it could be disabled  with a bit of smashing. Amatin sealed the AIS15 and got to work.
Smash the yellow orb with the Impact Hammer. Get Varron back on his feet and follow Zakroff to the elevator.

While riding down to the excavation site, Amatin brought up the memory of the assassin's soul and spoke to it in Amrili:
"Everyone is prey. Hunt! Stalk! Kill!"
When I have the time, curse the assassin to go on a sniping rampage, killing everyone he sees.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 03, 2012, 05:12:12 am »

Staying here is not an option anyway, so let's get going, I agree.

Follow Zakroff. He's the man with the plan - but stay alert, because traps.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 04, 2012, 12:46:58 am »

Blind monster, run around it, and stab the section that seems most vulnrable.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 107