Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278200 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 2 Replacement needed!
« Reply #870 on: September 15, 2011, 10:46:04 pm »

So... you don't want to get rid of a Devil (who does not care who wins or loses) and someone who has been consistently scummy?  Wow.
I believe he's been consistently scummy since D1, when as far we can tell he must have been town. He also seems like an odd conversion choice.

Leafsnail wants us to win unless he can be the lynchpin in a scum victory, because town might need him all the way through. Once scum get past a certain threshold, they've already won, and even if the game doesn't end immediately, they'd have no particular reason to want or need a Devil. Town's always going to have a margin of error, since they don't know for certain who the last Slave is.

Also, since Azure is clearly the VL, what do you think Jim was pulling in trying to bus him earlier?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 15, 2011, 10:50:30 pm »

Irony:  Saying he wants one side or the other to win is nonsense.  A devil's wincon is clear in not mentioning town or scum.  He has his own agenda that doesn't take anyone else's into account.

About Jim:  I'd guess WIFOM. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 15, 2011, 10:55:51 pm »

Irony:  Saying he wants one side or the other to win is nonsense.  A devil's wincon is clear in not mentioning town or scum.  He has his own agenda that doesn't take anyone else's into account.
Yes, it does.

If there's five cultists, three townies, and Leafsnail left, scum automatically wins and Leafsnail automatically loses because it's impossible for them to lose.

If there's five townies, one slave, and Leafsnail left, town still has to root out that slave. They won't automatically go to Leafsnail for help, but it's infinitely preferable to an instant loss.

Yes, he'll aid any side when doing so helps him win, but usually that's going to be Town.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 15, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »

I can replace someone if still necessary.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 15, 2011, 11:14:49 pm »

Oh god is it necessary. Take your pick... though I might suggest AzureSepulcher. Someone needs to provide a roleclaim for him yet.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 16, 2011, 12:06:54 am »

I'll take any spot, I'm not picky. Azure sounds fine.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 16, 2011, 10:12:26 am »

One idea I've had that should work from Solifuge's perspective is if I offer him a kill and get him to shoot me (I've checked with Meph - my win condition triggers before I get shot anyway).  According to Solifuge's idea, this will eliminate at least 1 cultist (the devil who I supposedly recruited) and the vampire lord (me).  It would take out at the very maximum 3 townies (assuming BD, Solifuge and CoF are all town) - a good result.  In fact, you think BD and CoF are scummy anyway so...

Other than that, you can give me a target or I will make a deal based on my own thoughts tonight.

Quote from: IronyOwl link=topic=89665.msg2615321#msg2615321 date=1316139138
[b
Leafsnail,[/b] who do you think the Lord is?
I don't care so I won't answer, and even if I did answer you should ignore my answer because I have no reason to care.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 16, 2011, 11:04:56 am »

Awesome, thanks NativeForeigner! I'll PM you the Role info and any Night PMs.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #878 on: September 16, 2011, 02:20:43 pm »

Unvote. Leaf, that might work. Let me think that over, while NativeForeigner gives us his long-awaited roleclaim, and claims any night actions taken.

In the meantime Leaf, sweeten the pot for us. I'll second Irony's desire for you to share your Lord suspects, as well as Scum suspects.

I can't get behind a Toaster lynch though. We need him to guard/block people tonight, in case of another conversion, and if he isn't the guard, who could it possibly be?

Anyway, my vote awaits Native's post. If he doesn't get in here soon, I'm extending.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 16, 2011, 02:22:55 pm »

Would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of current events while I go and skim the rest of the thread? Maybe everybody's claim as well, I don't feel like taking the time to hunt that down.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 16, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »

In the meantime Leaf, sweeten the pot for us. I'll second Irony's desire for you to share your Lord suspects, as well as Scum suspects.
I don't see why you care about my suspects.  I am not a townie.  All my previous suspects were based on me trying to avoid detection.  I guess I'll throw out a couple though.

As far as I can tell, it can only be Max White (he'd need to have converted a Fortune Teller though), IronyOwl (he'd need to have converted a witch and Meph would have to be cruel enough to give the Vampire Lord a guardian angel), Bdthemag (who will die when I make my deal tonight so there's no point in lynching him) or Azure Sepulchure/ NativeForeigner.  As far as I can tell, NativeForeigner's the one who can be a Lord without a lucky conversion and gambit claim so he seems like a good lynch candidate.

In terms of scum... Toaster seems like a very obvious choice, since he would be the one person the vampires couldn't fail to convert (and thereafter the scum could just chose the best candidate every night).  If I were scum I'd probably screw WIFOM and convert him regardless.  There's CoF too but he'll die to my deal.

Would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of current events while I go and skim the rest of the thread? Maybe everybody's claim as well, I don't feel like taking the time to hunt that down.
Hint for the town: he should be able to claim his own role without reading everyone else's claims.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 16, 2011, 03:05:10 pm »

Native, you have nothing to lose by claiming now but saving your skin. You (and your former selves) have pretty much been on the chopping block for some time now.

Share your role quickly, and I'll give you a rundown of everyone else's role, plus a complimentary day-by-day recap. Understand that the longer you take, the more likely you're falseclaiming. Deal?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 16, 2011, 03:34:43 pm »

Hint for the town: he should be able to claim his own role without reading everyone else's claims.

Hint for you: I prefer to NOT jump in with both feet when I replace someone. That and I had a few things to take care of.

Anyway, I'm a Sexton. The only disturbance among the graves has been Solifuge apparently coming back to life.

Solifuge: What exactly was your explanation for coming back to life?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 16, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »

Max White scanned Native as a Watcher. His claim checks out with that.

I did indeed return from the grave, when I was resurrected by JoshuaFH on Night 1. This is public knowledge.

As for the rundown, I'm going to cheat/be slightly lazy, and link you to my Day 4 summary.

Back later tonight, chappies.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 16, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »

Native:
Hint for you: I prefer to NOT jump in with both feet when I replace someone. That and I had a few things to take care of.

Anyway, I'm a Sexton. The only disturbance among the graves has been Solifuge apparently coming back to life.
I don't get it. What about claiming Sexton could have gone wrong enough that you needed to check everything else first?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 70