Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278317 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:46 am »

So, either Toaster or Vector are lying.
How so?
Both claim to have RB'd me, but my PM stated that there was only one guard. I doubt Meph would omit the fact of another guard RB'ing me...

Now, there's something very interesting about this response. You cut off the part of Leafsnail's statement that said we should lynch Pandar (despite the fact that we could lynch Soli). I don't like this very, very much.

Also you are attacking Josh for mislynching, which is a pretty bad tactic in general. Tsk-tsk, Max, tsk-tsk.
I cut off the bit that wasn't relevant to what I wanted to reply to. You will notice I am doing the same to your post right now. I trim posts to keep them neat and relevent, makes it easy to know what I am responding to.
So, you consider him stating the possibility of lynching Soli 'relevent' and him actually voting Pandar 'not relevent'?

Also, I'm attacking Joshua for trying to build a defence for mislynching without anybody even asking about it, and a very poor defence at that.
He wasn't trying to defend his mislynch, he was trying to defend his Soli's revive and he was asked why did he do that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2011, 04:44:12 am »

Both claim to have RB'd me, but my PM stated that there was only one guard. I doubt Meph would omit the fact of another guard RB'ing me...

Vector never claimed to have roleblocked you.

Where'd you get that idea?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2011, 04:58:15 am »

You're so completely missing the point that I'm not sure I want to bother explaining it to you.

People do not vote on who makes the least damaging mislynch. This is exactly what you're trying to convince me to do. It is an incredibly scummy way to push a lynch. I suspect you for it.
I'm not just suggesting we lynch anybody without a power role, I am suggesting that if you think two players are scum, wouldn't you lynch the one less useful to the town, just in case?

So, you consider him stating the possibility of lynching Soli 'relevent' and him actually voting Pandar 'not relevent'?
Not to the reply I gave. I mean clearly it is relevant to the game, but not to my post.

He wasn't trying to defend his mislynch, he was trying to defend his Soli's revive and he was asked why did he do that.
And how does this work? I don't see how he was defending he's choice of revive.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2011, 05:00:45 am »

FFFFUCK.

For some reason I thought the reply #322 was made by Vector. I really should sleep more.

My mistake, all accusations withdrawn.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2011, 05:18:27 am »

I'm not just suggesting we lynch anybody without a power role, I am suggesting that if you think two players are scum, wouldn't you lynch the one less useful to the town, just in case?

No.

People do not vote on who makes the least damaging mislynch. This is exactly what you're trying to convince me to do. It is an incredibly scummy way to push a lynch. I suspect you for it.

Apparently, since it needs to be said, people vote on who is the scummiest. 'Least damaging mislynch' and 'just in case' arguments are incredibly scummy.

Incredibly scummy.

Incredibly scummy.

Incredibly scummy.

Incredibly scummy.

Incredibly scummy.

There, I've repeated myself several times now. I hope you've finally gotten the point of what I'm trying to tell you, since you haven't yet.

Now, you can shut up about it. You should feel relieved. I've freed you from trying to futilely convince me to vote somebody for stupid reasons.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2011, 05:22:42 am »

I'm sorry, it just looks to me like your trying to chain your lynches. Start with Crown and when he flips town pack up your case and say 'Welp I guess Josh isn't scum, let's lynch somebody else!', so tell me, how does your theory incriminate Crown any more than Josh?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2011, 05:38:27 am »

That's not chainlynching.

...and now that we've reached the threshold where you really have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, I'm going to swiftly depart for the night to find something more engaging to converse with, like a rock, or maybe some lichen.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2011, 05:42:19 am »

Good night Jim. Best of luck with talking to rocks.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2011, 08:29:11 am »

Good night Jim. Best of luck with talking to rocks.
I guess Jim's not in a very gneiss mood tonight.

I'm sorry, it just had to be said

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:46 am »

Not to take this thread for granite, but I don't have the time quite yet for an analysis of all the new stuff, so I'll hit the high point.

Dariush:
Yep, I was RB'd last night. However, the flavor said that there's only one guard and the manner of it suggested that the guard should I know if I went anywhere (which I didn't). So, either Toaster or Vector are lying.

"Went anywhere" as in evaded the block somehow or "went anywhere" as in tried to leave but failed?

FFFFUCK.

For some reason I thought the reply #322 was made by Vector. I really should sleep more.

My mistake, all accusations withdrawn.

Then why'd you think I must be lying if you thought Vector blocked you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2011, 08:58:53 am »

"Went anywhere" as in evaded the block somehow or "went anywhere" as in tried to leave but failed?
Tried to but failed.
Then why'd you think I must be lying if you thought Vector blocked you?
I thought you both claimed to roleblock me while actually it was only you claiming it twice. Since flavour clearly said there was only one guard, one of you must have lied (if you both claimed).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:09 am »

I'd just like to add, Jim, that Pandar has requested a replacement.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:59 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: Bdthemag
Dariush: Toaster
Jim Groovester: Solifuge
JoshuaFH: Max White
Max White: Dariush, JoshuaFH
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail
Vector: Jokerman-EXE

Day will end ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

Azure Sepulchre
will replace in for jakeread1

We now need a replacement for Pandarsenic. Sheesh...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:42 am »

Bloody 'ell, that was prompt. Only sent a PM a few minutes ago and I'm in already. As such, still reading this thread; on page six at the moment, although I'll likely be up-to-date soon enough. Naturally, if you wish to ask any questions before I've finished up, go ahead. I'll get back to you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »

Dariush:  That's what I thought.

Liar.

Let me reference Super 2, the only other game with a Guard (Mr.Person):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62587.msg1532494#msg1532494

On N1, he guarded Solifuge, someone with no night action.  His night PM indicated no communication from within, the flavor of someone not trying to leave the house, IE someone who doesn't know they were blocked.

On N2, he guarded Janus, someone who did have a night action.  The night PM indicated communication between the two, the flavor of someone who did try to leave, IE someone who does know they were blocked.

More importantly, in the first example Solifuge did not get a PM indicating he was blocked!

Mine (like the second example) indicated you knew you were blocked.  Since you said you did get a PM, you must have tried to do something, which you said you didn't.  It follows that you are lying.  Why would you lie?  Because you are scum.

Get in the noose.

(more in a while, but this first)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70