Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278068 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2011, 01:01:48 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: Dariush
Dariush: JoshuaFH
JoshuaFH: Max White
kilakan: Leafsnail
Max White: Pandarsenic, Toaster
Solifuge: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »

Jim:  Do you have any worthwhile opinions on anyone yet?

I wish I could say I did, but I currently don't right now. I've been distracted by a bunch of stuff people are probably not interested in knowing about over the past few days. Also, the monitor to my computer crapped out on me, so that's been an additional obstacle as well.

JoshuaFH hasn't answered my question about him being a nervous wreck so I'm going to vote him until he answers.

Leafsnail, as far as I can tell, you're being dumb. What are you hoping to get or prove from your lines of questioning towards various players?

Anyway, I hate to sit back and watch, but I'm going to for a bit longer. Not even posing a silly question, I'm afraid. =(

How's that working out for you, Mr. Deliberate Lurker?

Vector & Pandarsenic, deadline's tomorrow. Are either of you close to finding a target yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2011, 01:30:40 pm »

Solifuge, what is your read on jake? Are you going to go easier on him since he claimed to be a newbie?

In honesty, I probably will for a time. I'll at least be reading him while keeping newbie tells/behaviors in mind.

Anyway, I hate to sit back and watch, but I'm going to for a bit longer. Not even posing a silly question, I'm afraid. =(

How's that working out for you, Mr. Deliberate Lurker?

Quite well, actually, though it seems to have cheesed you off a bit. I would be sorry for it, but only if I thought it were possible for anything to not cheese you off.

Love and hugs,
~ Solifuge

Solifuge:  Fair enough.  Why not pose a "silly question?"

Because I hadn't the time to do a proper read. I'd rather not ask anything redundant, and would like to be around to keep up a line of questions while they're fresh.

Expect more in 5 hours or so.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »

Expect more in 5 hours or so.

My heart awaits it anxiously.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2011, 01:52:45 pm »

Jokerman:
Why are you worried about what Leafsnail would think of your vote/nonvote?

I wasn't worried about what Leafsnail would think of my (non)vote. In fact, I wasn't even thinking about Leafsnail. There was pressure on Jake already, and my vote wouldn't have done much that wasn't being done.
[/quote]

This is more in reference to this comment:

Uh, because like I said, two votes is completely overkill for that. He had pressure on him already, for the exact same reasons; let's not pretend that if I had left my vote there, you wouldn't be jumping up and down, screaming, "BANDWAGON DURRRRR" because that's exactly what would have happened.

...but you addressed that in your reply to Leafsnail.

Kilakan:  Okay.

From the question to you, I wanted to see your general mindset.  It appears to me that you more enjoy BSing than piercing through BS.  Perhaps you'd have a more movtivated, active game as scum.

What does this mean? You don't think he's scum? What was the point behind you saying this?

It's a general statement on the response his question.  I'm not expressing a view on his alignment here- he's still neutral to me.

Jim:  Is Solifuge scummy for "deliberate lurking" or do you just want him to post more?

Solifuge:  I see.  Awaiting your further content.

Kilakan:  Ok, he answered.  I almost always call out people who claim to be doing some form of watching from a distance, and he triggered that.  An affirmation of passivity without doing anything about it would be scummy (since he knows better.)   Wading in and delivering content would be not scummy.

He took the middle ground and stayed passive for now but promising content soon.  I'll give him the time, but if he continues to push it off, he'll be tripping on Toaster's #1 Scumtell
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2011, 02:31:40 pm »

Jim:  Is Solifuge scummy for "deliberate lurking" or do you just want him to post more?

More the latter than the former.

I'll always be wary of somebody who lurks deliberately, even if it's under the guise of 'Sitting back and watching,' because it's still horribly passive play that could just as easily be an awesome excuse to lurk and bandwagon.

From what I remember of Solifuge's play, this seems pretty typical of him. But he's still got me worried because he has yet to post any suspicions on anybody. Even if it's what I expect from his meta, how am I supposed to be fine with somebody who hasn't done anything in the game so far when the deadline's a day away? I'm not, that's how.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2011, 03:14:52 pm »

Extend.

Leafsnail: Do you consider asking bad questions to be a scumtell? What are your suspicions so far?

Unvote lordnincompoop.

Do you have any thoughts on any other players?

Max is being an ass as usual, kilakan's got a pretty BS reason for the Crown FOS, but nothing really worthy of dedicated pursuit yet.

I was going to see if Joshua was going to crack. I just pulled a name from my magic top hat and it was his. Unvote

Well, since he hadn't even replied yet, did you actually achieve anything productive? What made you unvote instead of continuing the pressure?

Toaster: You say that your suspect list is empty, but you don't seem to be doing much to fill it. What is your take on the newer players so far? Even if you aren't suspicious of them.

Why the newer players specifically?

For the record, I think Max is town.  I need to think a bit more about everything else.

Okay. Why?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2011, 03:50:39 pm »

I'm most of the way through the thread. As such, I bring you my End Of Day Review, Part 1:

JoshuaFH protects himself behind a wall of ignorance and excitability, and once expressed pride in his skill as scum. I can say he really wants to play this game through and not die, but I'm unsure if it's outright scummy rather than just excited to be playing again.

It's kilakan who earns my suspicion, though. Headstrong charge into a vote, putting down all the pressure... only to get into a tussle with MaxWhite, laying down an ultimatum for Max to agree with him or be Scum. After this, Kilakan gets called out and instead of continuing to fight for his argument, he utterly collapses, apologizing all along the way. He's been silent since.

Something tells me that's an argument you pulled from your arse Kilakan, and lacking any real conviction in it you crumpled when it hit a rebuttal, lest you look bad. Simply scumtastic.

More coming in a bit. For now, I have to go learn how to move heavy boxes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2011, 04:10:57 pm »

It's kilakan who earns my suspicion, though. Headstrong charge into a vote, putting down all the pressure... only to get into a tussle with MaxWhite, laying down an ultimatum for Max to agree with him or be Scum. After this, Kilakan gets called out and instead of continuing to fight for his argument, he utterly collapses, apologizing all along the way. He's been silent since.

Where's this ultimatum?

Also, you're wrong about him being silent since then. He made a decent sized post from the post you linked to now.

And, to clarify, you're asserting that if the premise of an argument gets proven wrong, then a player should nonetheless pursue it, because it would otherwise be scummy to just drop it. Is that correct?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »

Extend while we're at it.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »

I remain unimpressed by Max's explanations. For all his floundering, though, he doesn't look that different from in the last Paranormal... where he acted like this and was town. Which still confuses me.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2011, 05:38:59 pm »

Alright, I've placed this game on the backburner long enough. I need to get in this.

JoshuaFH hasn't answered my question about him being a nervous wreck so I'm going to vote him until he answers.

I might have missed it, could you point out this question for me?

I'm most of the way through the thread. As such, I bring you my End Of Day Review, Part 1:

JoshuaFH protects himself behind a wall of ignorance and excitability, and once expressed pride in his skill as scum. I can say he really wants to play this game through and not die, but I'm unsure if it's outright scummy rather than just excited to be playing again.

I won't lie, it's been so long since I've played a serious mafia that it's hard for me to catch my balance, seeing how much the meta has evolved, and how atrophied I've become in my respite.

Let's see what I can drum up though:

I'm fairly certain that both Jim and Max are both town. They type of slugging they're doing is not something I'd consider typical of a mafioso.

Solifuge, Pandar, Toaster, Joker, and Vector are neutral to me at the moment. I don't think any of them have taken any risks, or have acted suspiciously. This could swing either way though.

I'm going to keep my vote on Dariush at the moment, since it just occurred to me that I've had my vote on him since the RVS, but he's fallen conveniently below the radar, and even if he's in a totally different time zone, I'd like to see more of him before he can qualify himself as town.

Given the number of players, is it comfortable to say that there's 3 scum or 4? I always figured it as 1 scum to 5 town, with scum going up for every 3 town. So 1 at 6p, 2 at 9p, 3 at 12p, but I'm not sure if I should round up or down on this 14p game. This will come in handy for when we trying to pin down the exact members of the scumteam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2011, 05:42:07 pm »

Apparently I'm atrociously bad at math, since it's 1 mafia per 3 players I meant. 1 per 3 town would cause the game's total players to get up four at a time, not 3.

Question's still the same though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »

Should be three scum unless Meph is evil. Four scum with fourteen players is pretty brutal. There's also been a third party serial killer in every single one of these, if I'm remembering everything correctly.

As for the question, it was this one:

When was the last time I played with you Vector? I sincerely can't remember. While that is rhetorical, I would like to ask: Whom would you like as a scumbuddy? I presume that such an answer will draw from your prior experience, so would you also answer why that particular person?

I would also like someone to fire a question at me, because I feel lonely and left out right now.

Have it your way.

You're giving me funny vibes, with all your talk about nervousness, and how your eccentricities got you mislynched. Makes me think you're prepping a defense for yourself in the future. "Oh, you think I'm scum? Remember all that talk about nervousness and yap yap yap yap yap yap I'm just nervous 'tis all."

Why are you making such a point to mention your nervousness, and mention mislynches, and not just lynches in general?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »

I might have answered something to that effect earlier, but why not answer again? The reason I made a point of mentioning my nervousness was because that was the undisputed truth. I enjoy mafia, but large games like this is something I haven't participated in in a long time, it's quite some pressure, if I say so myself. I thought I'd try to ease up by relating that nervousness, but it seems I'm not as good at small talk as I gave myself credit for.

I mention mislynches, probably because I'm still reeling from my mistake when I jumped into KotM, in one of the earlier rounds, and I made myself look like an intellectual retard, and got lynched when I was wholly town. So dumb.

I do find it fairly odd to think I'd be setting up some sort of emotional plea, I don't know, days in advance. Even near the end of the first day, that's still 3-4 days of real time, and that's hardly a time to whip out a 'lol, nervous 'member?' type excuse.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70