Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Shakespear! [Community Fort]  (Read 6505 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shakespear! [Community Fort]
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 04:44:39 pm »

How does one participate in a Community Fort? Is this a succession game or is its history just posted for our enjoyment?

If being 'Dwarfed' serves no other commitment than the occasional visit and (possibly even) witty retort, I wouldn't mind a mechanic, military dwarf or weaponsmith of some sort (Though I'm really not picky).
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

If there really are only 17 of us, Terra, then I will gladly adopt the Dwarven medical practices. How difficult can mending a wound be over fixing a peace of furniture?

SmokedRWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »

Glad I didn't get torn apart by a bunch of zombie badgers.

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 05:27:17 pm »

i hate badgers. i hate all of them...i will butcher them, kill them, magma them to death, burn them reduce them to ashes they must DIE

careful with wounds. if i'm in bed and NOT moving, i might have something evil, better a bad diagnoser than none at all.

Nah, I've let one check you. You're fine. It says you lost your ability to stand, but you're already pretty fast with that crutch again, so I wouldn't worry. Heck, you're running around setting up our well and drawbridge/gate right now. I've seen nobles who were slower. :P

I'd like to have a spot as either a mechanic or the manager.
Noted. I think I did get another mechanic in the 2nd migrant wave (which I have to post later on), so I'll probably take him.

How does one participate in a Community Fort? Is this a succession game or is its history just posted for our enjoyment?

If being 'Dwarfed' serves no other commitment than the occasional visit and (possibly even) witty retort, I wouldn't mind a mechanic, military dwarf or weaponsmith of some sort (Though I'm really not picky).
Yeah, basically you name one of the dwarves in the game and then watch what happens to him. Sometimes people decide to write their own perspective of the events, so that's fine as well. Oh, and of course you can always give suggestions on what to do. I've noted your request and will dorf you as soon as I find a free spot.

If there really are only 17 of us, Terra, then I will gladly adopt the Dwarven medical practices. How difficult can mending a wound be over fixing a peace of furniture?
Not much. Okay, you're the Chief Medical Dwarf for now! :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:29:29 am by Terra_Inc »
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 05:53:27 pm »

I will be sure not to get sawdust in anyone's wounds! I will be very careful; every life is important!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:02:32 pm by Flandre »

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

If I understand the medical profession at all, I'm sure you already have all the necessary tools! Need we anything more than wood glue and carpenter's saws?
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 06:05:04 pm »

If I understand the medical profession at all, I'm sure you already have all the necessary tools! Need we anything more than wood glue and carpenter's saws?
Cue visual:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:11:46 pm by Flandre »

SmokedRWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 06:54:59 pm »

Should probably start thinking about tapping into the volcano so I can spend less time outside and start training for some zombie ass-whoopin.

And maybe start up some crazy magma related traps.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

And maybe start up some crazy magma related traps.

I can contribute my favorite (and !!SCIENCE!! tested) plans for a flusher trap if you'd like. Has defended my Fortress-Defense-modded-fortress for 5 or 6 years, letting no more than 10 creatures in (and killing hundreds). It uses water, though.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 11:22:48 pm »

Pretty nice so far!

Could you post who is already dwarfed? I'm curious to see if I am.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 02:04:20 am »

Also, can you post my profile? I want to do a quick drawing of my character.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 02:48:52 am »

Here is the updated list of occupied/available dwarves:

Occupied
Ablel Zuntirdishmab (F), Exp Leader (for me, obviously)
'Ahra' Rakustthikud (M), Miner
'Drognan' Dumatbomrek (M), Woodcutter
'Flandre' Olinudib (F), Carpenter
'Shade' Lecadkol (M), Mason and Mechanic
'Wolocke' Tosedsodel (F), Farmer

Available:
Kumil Akumbomrek (F), Miner
Ducim Likotamud (M), Grower and Jeweler
Reg Govosimush (F), Grower
Sakzul Onoldeg (F), Leatherworker and Armorsmith
Bim Keskaliseth (M), Herbalist and Strand Extractor
Dastot Ingishostuk (M), Gem Setter
Litast Olonem (M), Glassmaker
Momuz Amugrakust (F), Peasant
Shorast Monanglitast (F), Glazer and Mechanic
Solon Ralirtir (F), Potash and Lye Maker and Bone Carver
Urdim Fikodoram (M), Dyer

Those who have requested metal-related jobs aren't in there yet, as I'm building for the heavy industry right now. Same for military.  ;D

Also, can you post my profile? I want to do a quick drawing of my character.
If you still want her, you can have Shorast, our glazer/mechanic. Here's her profile. Also, name?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 04:44:49 am »

Could I please be dorfed as a military dwarf?
Name him Bowie and make him a Swordsdwarf with a shield

PS. If you don't mind could you do some quick modding to make Longswords build able by dwarves, construct three masterwork Steel Longswords, then un-mod it? You don't have to do it right away or anything just when you have time/resources/skills necessary.
Noted, dorfing when the military is set up. Also, I didn't know we could mod the raws of a running game. ???

yeah sorry I thought it might have been possible by modding the save raws but a quick look at the modding board proved nay

Oh well Steel Shortsword then :)
Thank you
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 07:27:14 am »

Cue visual:

That is cute yet disturbing... :o

Could I please be dorfed as a military dwarf?
Name him Bowie and make him a Swordsdwarf with a shield

PS. If you don't mind could you do some quick modding to make Longswords build able by dwarves, construct three masterwork Steel Longswords, then un-mod it? You don't have to do it right away or anything just when you have time/resources/skills necessary.
Noted, dorfing when the military is set up. Also, I didn't know we could mod the raws of a running game. ???

yeah sorry I thought it might have been possible by modding the save raws but a quick look at the modding board proved nay

Oh well Steel Shortsword then :)
Thank you

OK, will do!

~HPL~

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:30 am »

Now that I am Ms. Overlord Chief Medical Dwarf, I demand a decent office, a decent room, a gabbro statue depicting myself menacing with spikes of soap, a hospital with a nice well, a stainless steel table, a full set of precision tools, a new chainsaw, a gaggle of nurses, a secretary,  and a partridge in a pear tree!

Oh, and a cat. I like them for their aloofness.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:44:22 am by Flandre »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7