Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 40012 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game (All Spots Claimed)
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:56 am »

Heh! Oh well, I guess we need food, too. I didn't build it too well, anyway, the arena I built once before was glorious by comparison... If we last long enough, maybe I'll build one next turn. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »

Journal of Crustypeanut Momuzushat “Cryptbasements”, Chef and Mayor of Ingizzurusul, “Ceilingchew”, Entry Two

Its been a few months since I've last wrote anything here.  Not much has happened.  Merchants came late autumn, I've ordered a large amount of foodstuffs for cooking – milk, cheese, flour, sugar, and the like.  Maybe next year I'll have some real ingredients to work with.

We've began building a tower – what its for, I haven't decided yet.  Maybe the next mayor will find a use for it.  For now, I'm glad to get some of these lazy bums some work.  Theres just not enough hauling for them to do it seems. 

A metalsmith withdrew from society today.  A few weeks later, he brought me a steel crossbow of the finest craftsdwarfship I had ever seen.  He called it, “The Hairy Razors”, an odd name to be sure.  Perhaps its meant to razor the hair off of our enemies?

Late in the winter, Goblin Christmas had come.  I told everyone to get inside and ordered the archers up on the ramparts and the militia into the trade depot.  The plan worked perfectly, excluding the two soldiers who disobeyed orders and ran outside anyways.  One was killed, the other lost her baby-shield.    Numerous goblins and trolls were caught, more were killed. 

The tower is just about done – I am unable to draw a full picture of it, but the base of it is as follows:

For now, I don't know what to do with the tower, though I believe using the roof to drop prisoners from it's heights sounds like a rather interesting idea. 

And, with that, my year is over.  The tower's roof wasn't completed, though the plans are laid for it to be so.  Prisoners have been moved to the second to highest level, awaiting execution. 

Plans were also designed to deepen the Pit of Doom that a predecessor had made.  The pit would be deep enough that nearly anything that fell down there would burst into a dozen pieces upon impact.  As my grandfather always said – “It's not the fall that kills you, its the sudden stop at the end.”

I look forward to continuing my job as chef again, as this mayoral work added a few extra lines of gray in my hair.  I hope not to repeat it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty boring year imo, though I got a bit done with reorganizing the fort.  Yes, there are occasionally a TON of idlers, but when you need a construction done, you got about 30+ workers building it.  It gets done FAST.  When you need something hauled, it gets HAULED.  Trust me.  We got a ton of people ready to haul anything you need. 

All of the other main jobs are busy doing their jobs, and theres plenty of food and alcohol.  We're low on crafts, but with the amount of gold and silver i've been mining, we can get tons made.  Gems are also plentiful.  Most are lower value, but I did find some emeralds and blue garnets. 

I'll post the save soon.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2011, 10:02:14 pm »

So... I am stupid so I will be stupid... Stonesense??? Works for .25????
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »

Yup :D I use it from time to time to see what my stuff looks like.  I can't figure out how to get more than ~5 z-levels to show though, which bugs me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2011, 08:06:27 am »

Save file???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2011, 06:48:41 pm »

Woopsy, totally got sidetracked.  Thought I put it in the other post XD

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4829

My apologies!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2011, 08:22:55 pm »

==-- Thoughts and Muses of Neyvn Olonsosh --==

He twisted his pick as he pulled and pried the Golden Ore from the stone, letting it fall to the ground to be collected by someone else some time in the future, swinging his pick up he plunged it back into the cold surface again before once again playing his game and removing more ore. Finally he took a moment, shouldering his pick, he wiped his brow with one of his braids from the beard. Looking back down the path he could hear another Tunnelsmith working nearby through the stone, the last overseer had decided to mine out this layer, making it so that we could know what this stone held within its grasp. He found it useless work, something else could be done for the fort, but they decided on this... Bah...

He blinked as the Overseer toddled down the path, stepping over stone and ore alike before finally reaching him. The Dwarf began to stammer as he informed him that he quit, that it was Neyvn's turn, before turning on his heel and marching back the way he had come. He blinked again. Then shrugged, then drove his pick back into the stone again. It would be done later. First things first. Lets get all those lazy sods working...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Right then...
Looking over things...

We have Legendary Workers doing F-all, they had been Deemed useless by the previous Overseers, but there is a Gemcutter and Weaponsmith going rusty. Can't have that.
We don't even have a farm, sending the Workers out into the opensun like humans and elves, living off the land... Bah...
We are not even making use of the Ores and Fuel that is available to us, Lignite and Magnitie sitting on the surface hills untouched by Dwarven hands. What madness...

The Farm area has been finished, just need to prep the Pumps and their powersources before we can begin...

A Jewelsmith grabbed a Rough Cristine today.
Made a Bed from it. Simple little thing. Has an image of the God of Lies and those he had just fooled.
Its called Birdmarshes...
Odd...

Gah disorder everywhere... Can't hold it in... GAH!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:22:00 pm by Neyvn »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 11:35:32 pm »

Theres a farm.. its a bit hidden though.  But its there! And its working! Its near the forges.

Gah disorder everywhere... Can't hold it in... GAH!!!!!

Thats EXACTLY my reaction when I started.  I find it's current situation is extremely orderly now, minus the 30 odd useless dwarves milling around when they're not hauling or building something.  Thus - useless.  I always have a ton of people hauling/butchering/tanning/masonry/furnaceoperating/milling/plantprocessing/etc and only a small number of USEFUL dwarves.   

I guess its true that every DF player develops his own style that he deems efficient, but everyone else can't make heads or tails of it.   :o lol
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:41:43 pm by Crustypeanut »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2011, 12:45:34 am »

So.... MUCH.... BOOZE!!!! Seriously, a Legandary Gem cutter, making Booze...
Why?!?!?!?!

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2011, 02:40:12 am »

I believe he was the brewer when he went into the mood that make the ruby bed.. not sure though.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2011, 06:49:07 pm »

Yer killin' me here, Nevyn. Killin' me.

You guys are worse than MSPAFA artists at updating in a timely manner, seriously goddamn.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:53:06 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »

Alright, Nevyn is unable to finish. Your turn, Spish.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2011, 09:50:45 pm »

I hear you. I'll start on my turn tomorrow, Nevyn has until then to put up the save.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2011, 12:05:52 am »

Nah I was busy during my Week and my Cousin had a Wedding and I went and attended. So never got my chance to play...

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »

Shoulda told us instead of making me wait an entire week. But I digress, I'll probably post my first update tomorrow. Surprisingly, there isn't much wrong with the fortress at the moment, so I can focus on building projects.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25