Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 39978 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - 2nd Update Out! (All Spots Claimed)
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:25 pm »

Not dead! Only sleeping. ...And sick.
But I've got a couple of entries done in notepad, I'll post 'em shortly!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2011, 08:24:43 am »

From the Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 21st Granite in The Year 8

A few foolish labourers managed to test the capabilities of the new pit beneath the bridge...
At least we know it works. One, some nobody engraver, died instantly upon landing on their head, whilst the
others, a blacksmith and a dyer, made it through with merely a collection of broken bones and bruises. I
find myself worrying rather more over the fate of the blacksmith Thob, not merely for his smithing
abilities, but his combat expertise.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I visited his bedside briefly, to offer him a position in my squad if
he should recover. Should offer some incentive to survive, I believe. The other, the idiot dyer has not yet
been examined, but I am told it appears unlikely she will walk again.
Well. We have no space for dead weight in this fort, that is all I shall say for now.
Plenty more replacements for them, anyway, with this latest wave of migrants.
That is all for now. I'll go have a beer.

From the Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 25th Granite in the year 8

I have decided it is time for us to begin forging our own weapons. Yes. I shall have a fine new pair of
gauntlets, and then soon enough a spear! Eventually our army shall to a dwarf be clad in the finest steel.
For this to be possible, however, we need metals. And as such I have sent miners to investigate the greatest
signs of such that we've decided... In some lye maker's bedroom, they tell me. Ha! I laughed. They can sleep
in the hallway, for all I care! I shall have my gauntlets! Now, it is time for a nap while that worthless
man of mine gets to work.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2011, 10:49:51 am »

I thought I made armor...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:53 am »

Oh, there might be some, I'm just more talking about getting a metal industry running and such. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2011, 02:28:52 pm »

Did you find the forges I made?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2011, 12:01:25 am »

Yeah, was using 'em.
I'll do some more updates today, just got up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2011, 05:46:58 am »

Okay, time for another update! I'm gonna edit this post in a sec. Just letting you guys know I'm not dead. :P

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 14th of Felsite in the Year 8

Ah! The patrols inform me we have an elven caravan approaching.
What do they want? Trade?! Hmf. That is what the others tell me, but I see through the ruse... The others simply want me to make a mistake by trusting these filthy elves. They want to prove me weak, and steal my power for themselves.
Well, it shall not happen. The elves shall rue the day they chose to come here.
My spear has been dry far too long...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:01:50 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2011, 10:24:51 pm »

Yoink, you make me sad. Your week's almost up and you're barely 3 months into your turn. Are you going to be able to do this?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:17 am »

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 3rd Hematite in the year 8.

The elves were slaughtered without much trouble. There were only two of them, so Nevyn and I killed one
each. Their pathetic screams of terror were delightful, and my spear is once more coated in blood.
Noodle gave birth today. Young Tholtig Fedlashed is a little on the skinny side, but I see a strength in his
broad nose and long beard that tells me he will grow to become a valuable worker for the fort.
I have just been informed that the dyer, apparently named Kadol, the useless crippled one, has died from
infection. Well, saves me the unpleasant job of disposing of them!
Now, I will go and train. I do not want to grow out of practice with my weapon in these long, boring
months... not like that useless C, who sits on his fat arse gobbling down prickle berries. His ever-
increasing girth certainly makes the evenings rather unpleasant, I tell you! I will certainly enjoy getting
rid of him once he's completed his husbandly duties.
From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 16th of Galena in the year 8.
A few of the peasants have been giving birth lately, nothing particularly exciting. Work continues on the production of weapons and armour, and apparently a human caravan has been sighted in the distance.
I doubt we can easily slaughter the humans as we did the elves, so perhaps we shall see what they have to trade. It seems a shame to deal with such lesser beings, but I cannot risk soldiers on such a fruitless endeavor. Also, I've ordered our brewers to hurry up with their work, we grow low on drinks.
Anyway, I should be going to greet these foolish humans now, so~
Wait, someone's shouting my name. I had better see what this is about~

A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED!

((Crap. And here I was, hoping to just quickly hurry through my year with no troubles... D: ))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:57:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2011, 11:01:24 am »

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 18th Galena in the Year 8.

Well, the goblins-Yes, a large force of goblin spearman had turned up on our doorstep, led by a swordsman- charged the doorway, then stalled as their leader was caught in a cage on the bridge. The foolish bastards milled around for a bit, as we watched from safely inside the fort, then turned and charged the approaching human caravan. It's getting bloody, but the tall ones are holding up quite well...
I am unsure whether the best course of action is to stay here in safety, or charge out and break them, catching them between our hammer and the human's anvil...
I will go now. This shall be a glorious battle, and regardless of its outcome, they shall sing the story of Ceilingchew in the Mountainhomes for many years to come!

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 22nd Galena in the Year 8.

Well. The goblins are well-and-truly routed. My plan paid off, and much of their foul blood has been spilt, and much glory won.
But still, the mood is grim. We wait with bated breath, to hear Nevyn's fate... He ran in bravely, sliced a goblin in three, but then was felled taking the brunt of their charge, and was stabbed several times in the gut. As we finished off the rest of the goblins, more of a slaughter than anything, he was dragged back inside by Thikut, a miller. I hope the Doctor can save him in time, he is truly a great warrior.
The remaining traders are bringing their animals in now, I believe all of their warriors perished, but still we are not about to rob them; They have proven themselves allies. I will go see how Nevyn fares, now.

((EDIT: Blast, I won't be able to finish this tonight as I'd planned! It's 2AM. But I will get up at the but crack of dawn and finish this year, okay? And that went rather better than I'd expected. :P Oh, and here's a picture of Noodle's baby, forgot to post it before:
Yep. Well, I'll get up early and finish off this year, okay? ))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:20:45 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2011, 11:31:08 am »

Sure, I don`t mind if you finish it today. Remember, the time limit is 1 week and 1 day.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2011, 11:45:36 am »

\\Pokes his clock\\
Hmmmm....

HAH!!! KNEW IT!!!

Your Aussie too ain't ya Yoink (or at least on that timezone)...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2011, 12:13:05 am »

(( No, I live in Vladivostok... Yeah, guilty as charged. :P
Now, I have to try desperately to keep you alive... Damnit, why'd you have to go and rest in your room instead of the hospital?! Now the CMD's refusing to even look at you... D: ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2011, 10:23:28 am »

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 13th Timber in the Year 8

The mood in the fortress is cheerful at the moment, as we watch Nevyn back on his feet, and joining us in training once more. It gladdens my heart to see him up and about, not least as our military is still rather small.
We cannot afford to lose good soldiers to utter foolishness like rushing an entire squad of goblins unsupported...
Other than that, there is not much to report, the year has been mostly rather dull. I plan to build myself a new bedroom, and that's about it for now.

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 20th Timber in the Year 8

Well, the merchants arrived not long ago, and as they came running through the gates we just sighted a band of goblins on their heels... We have work to do. For Celingchew, our blades shall chew their faces!
Damn, I need to work on that warcry...

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 20th Timber in the Year 8

Well, the goblins put up a rather disappointing effort. I believe they failed to even really injure any of the caravan guards!
Still, I am not complaining, I wet my blade, we get to trade with the merchants, and I don't have to listen to that fat Doctor of mine whining about the lack of splints. Perhaps I should let him star in the arena once it's complete...
Oh yes, that reminds me, I have begun construction of an arena. It doesn't look like much yet, but I am sure it shall one day be a monument to Celingchew's glory, and the courage of Yagor The Ever-Mad Cogudos, or 'The Violet Beard of Strapping' as some have taken to calling me after our recent battles. I only wish they'd change it to 'Violent'...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:45:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2011, 12:56:46 pm »

((And done! Not technically in time, though, as it's 10 to 4AM... D: ))

From The Journal of Yagor Cogudos, Mayor of Ceilingchew, 1st day of Spring in the year 9

Well, I have had enough of ruling this fortress. I had planned for my glorious, centuries-long reign, carried on by my children through the milennia, but this is just boring! So much tedious talking! So much work! Only a few measly elves and goblins to kill for my trouble. I am tired of this drudgery, and someone else can finish the arena.
I only ask that I get the first fight in it!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4788
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25