Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466648 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #1380 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:24 am »

That axe is a woodcutting tool. That axe is for goblin slaughter.

Will the Toady One ever record a few more tracks for us to listen to?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #1381 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:52 am »

Sure he will. Just go stand in a minecart's way.

Why Dwarves even bother domesticating rabbits?

Furohman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 15, 2012, 02:28:32 am »

Sure he will. Just go stand in a minecart's way.

Why Dwarves even bother domesticating rabbits?

A 2nd Century necroma- forgotten bea- scholar told a joke once and ever since it's simply been common knowledge that rabbits are among the most dangerous predators alive.

How did the dwarves fish an entire major river to the point of extinction of all wildlife, in 2 years?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 15, 2012, 04:51:00 am »

dorfs are not ecologicly friendly.  And fish are delcious, especially with rock nut paste.

Why are there no dwarven chain gangs?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

xoseph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 16, 2012, 08:21:35 am »

dorfs are not ecologicly friendly.  And fish are delcious, especially with rock nut paste.

Why are there no dwarven chain gangs?

There's no way to designate one.

What do I do with all these coins I made?

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 16, 2012, 10:33:37 am »

Accelerate them to lethal velocity in the general direction of enemy forces of course...

Why do i keep getting migrants at 270 popultation when my pop cap is set to 200?
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 16, 2012, 05:12:19 pm »

Because of the invisible nearby evil civilization of migrant-senders.
Why does everyone hate elves?
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 16, 2012, 07:15:32 pm »

We don't hate them, we just wish they would all die and are willing to help them do so.

How does my bookkeeper know not only what creatures are in the area, but also exactly where they are, even if no one has laid eyes on that section of the caverns in 5+ years?
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 16, 2012, 08:13:14 pm »

Magic. Bookkeeper is actually just a name for "Wizard".

Why are sheep perfectly happy to eat eye-grass?
</inactivity>

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 17, 2012, 01:43:46 am »

Sheep have, shall we say, limited cognitive capacity. As long as it grows (or "grows") on the ground, it counts as grass and is good for the eatings, according to sheep logic.

Why don't dwarves gather dump-marked things in a bin and pour them all into the dump at once?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 17, 2012, 02:00:33 am »

Bins are heavy when they're full of rocks/They don't want to get their nice bins all dirty by filling them with crap. Or they're too stupid to think of the idea on their own. Maybe they want to compete to see who can dump the most items, and that would be cheating?

How do dwarves burn Nether-cap wood?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 02:11:14 am by FlickerFly »
</inactivity>

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 17, 2012, 02:21:07 am »

Bins are heavy when they're full of rocks/They don't want to get their nice bins all dirty by filling them with crap. Or they're too stupid to think of the idea on their own. Maybe they want to compete to see who can dump the most items, and that would be cheating?

How do dwarves burn Nether-cap wood?
Thoroughly.

Why clowns bother infiltrating human civs?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:09 am »

Because manipulation is so much fun.

Why have werebeasts not formed their own kingdoms yet?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 17, 2012, 03:33:12 am »

Because manipulation is so much fun.

Why have werebeasts not formed their own kingdoms yet?
because they are, how do you say, lone wolves badgers. They don't do well in crowds.

Why do goblin ambushes tend to follow human caravans? Don't they know that the caravan guards will just help me slaughter them?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 17, 2012, 04:24:36 am »

It's an insidious ploy to murder the human merchants and/or diplomats and make it look like you did it. Then, when both you and the humans are weakened by the ensuing war, the goblins will have free reign of all your base.

Why doesn't ‼Urist McMoron‼ realize he is on fucking fire?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 301