Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466592 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #1395 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48:01 am »

Well to be fair, an asexual ball of plasma cannot, in fact, fuck.  And Urist thinks he'll end upwith a bitchin tan.

Why aren't dwarfs capable of autonomy?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.
« Reply #1396 on: September 17, 2012, 06:28:43 pm »

Because if they were, they would wipe themselves out.

Why do you recieve no help from any dwarven armies, And its just you on your own, but in world-gen, They are responsible for all battles?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 17, 2012, 09:57:54 pm »

Because that would require diplomacy.  And we all know dwarven !!Diplomacy!! tends to end badly for the guest speakers.

Why can't we just give the useless mini-sponges children Dwarven Root Beer, and save the real booze for Urists who work (sometimes) for a living?

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 18, 2012, 01:43:22 am »

What is this "root beer" of which you speak? ???
Besides, a growing child needs his booze. Otherwise, he'll end up with an over-developed brain, and that will end ...badly.

Fucking mechanisms, how do they work?

Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 18, 2012, 05:17:09 pm »

What is this "root beer" of which you speak? ???
Besides, a growing child needs his booze. Otherwise, he'll end up with an over-developed brain, and that will end ...badly.

Fucking mechanisms, how do they work?

Slipspace shortens the distance.

Why do dwarves never pick up their weapons?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

xoseph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:29 pm »

Slipspace shortens the distance.

Why do dwarves never pick up their weapons?
[/quote]

They're thinking about what they are going to do when they're on break.

Where is this circus everyone keeps talking about?  Is it some kind of elvish thing?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:10 pm »

ohh, yay! The circus is a special place full of Clowns! To find it, Follow the trails of Candy! Many forts go to the circus, and have lots of fun! And candy!

More seriously, It is the nickname for the special place at the bottom of veins of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Its a very special place with special properties, which is why we use the nick-name instead of the actual name, it'd ruin the surprise.

Why do Necros attack forts regardless of size? Its so weird that they will attack a band of 7 dwarves who just showed up as often as a heavily guarded fort of 200.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 18, 2012, 10:42:05 pm »

THey don't care, a dead body is a dead body.

Why doesn't fire seal open wounds?
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 19, 2012, 01:25:48 am »

Because Dorf Physics. In Dwarfiverse, quite unlike our world, fire in fact inflicts open wounds. How that works is anybody's guess.

If dragons aren't immune to dragonfire, how can they breathe it out in the first place?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:45 am »

The dragons breathe out a gas which gets lit on dragonfire when it contacts open air.

How do dwarves catch so many fish without equipment?
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 19, 2012, 02:02:21 am »

Prehensile beard and/or trout tickling.

Why don't foreign (human, elf etc.) merchants ever ask what you require of them?

FlickerFly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 19, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

They visit a lot of towns & forts throughout the year, it would be a pain to keep track of them all.

Why don't ice constructions melt?
If I were you, I'd do exactly the same thing as you would, because I'd be you.
</inactivity>

Darkgamma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:35 am »

They visit a lot of towns & forts throughout the year, it would be a pain to keep track of them all.

Why don't ice constructions melt?

When things get constructed out of ice, they enter a quantum state where temperature is off for FPS reasons (all that quantum stuff's really CPU-intensive, y'know)

Why does an elf merchant drown himself inside a lake just to bring me an ambush of fifty tree-hoppers?
if it's a blob made of steel, don't fight it. it may not heal, but it probably doesn't need to.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:03 am »

Why does an elf merchant drown himself inside a lake just to bring me an ambush of fifty tree-hoppers?

He was trying to save you the work of constructing a drowning trap to start a war with the tree buggers.

Do Dwarven workers / unions / fortresses ever get an ISO 9001 certification? After all, the bookkeeper and manager definitely know exactly what's going on and seem to write it down.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 21, 2012, 01:02:52 am »

They tried, but after the fifth auditor died of magma poisoning due to a mislabeled lever, they can't seem to find anyone willing to do the certifying. 

Why do dwarves use cotton candy sutures?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 301