Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466699 times)

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

I interpret that last sentence as a question for the purpose of continuing the thread.

You say not all emotions are positive? Change your perspective and suddenly everything is happy.

Why do good games have a tendency to crash?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I interpret that last sentence as a question for the purpose of continuing the thread.

You say not all emotions are positive? Change your perspective and suddenly everything is happy.
I was saying that it's possible to form negative emotional bonds with dwarves. Just like in real life!

Why do good games have a tendency to crash?
This is why.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

necromancerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My gem cutter keeps canceling cut calcite as he has none, I didn't assign calcite to be cut where is this request coming from??

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(I take it, reading the OP didn't work?)

Your gem cutter prefers to cut them, but wants to remind you of their lack.

Why can a 1-z wall stop a Giant?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing can climb yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

(I take it, reading the OP didn't work?)

Your gem cutter prefers to cut them, but wants to remind you of their lack.

Why can a 1-z wall stop a Giant?

Because the giant stubs its toe and staggers backwards, away from the wall.

If two heads are better than having just one, why are Ettins so easy to kill?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

If two heads are better than having just one, why are Ettins so easy to kill?

Because one more head to hit and cause brain damage!

Why do stone-fall traps work better than catapult'd stone?

Nothing can climb yet.
You really should read the OP instead of posting on a whim.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Catapulted stone travels slower by the time it reaches its target, due to distance.
You want me to ask a quastion? Okay...Why are dwarves only known by their stupidity?
Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Because dwarves are very good at their stupidity.

Why do my civilian dwarves refuse to even attempt to fight off even small angry animals?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Im a civilian, im not getting paid for this sh**. You want that dead? Call your militia, and dont look at me."

Why do my dwarfs INSIST on getting that one sock lying in a circle of goblins, and not the masterwork ones in my stockpile?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The universal law of dibs

How would one go about playing a stringed adamantine instrument?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

dammit got ninja'd
Why do my dwarfs INSIST on getting that one sock lying in a circle of goblins, and not the masterwork ones in my stockpile?
Goblin ichor-anointed socks are infinitely more valuable as bragging rights - it suggests that Urist killed a goblin, and not just Urist dragged a sock through some goblin blood spatters.

How would one go about playing a stringed adamantine instrument?
Use adamantine-sutured fingers.

If dwarves drink booze, why is the act of filling a flask with drinks for patrol duty "Fill Waterskin"?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile

It's called a waterskin, that's why. The name is just a relic from the times when booze wasn't available.
Alternatively, booze is so common dwarves just call it 'good water' and what we know as water 'bad water'. Either can go into a waterskin.

Why do dwarves make prepared meals out of what is essentially a single ingredient, just in a few bunches?
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

McDonalds does the same thing; for instance, you can order a meal of a big mac, large fries, chicken nuggets, and a milk shake, and it will all be made of the same thing.

Why do some dwarves decide to carry full minecarts around?
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because of it's 'faster' to walk once to the destination to pick up an item, decide to walk back to pick up the minecart, grab the item, put it in the minecart and bring it back. It may take longer in time, but it's less work (jobwise) until break, drink and eat.

How comes dwarven logic is not really existant?
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 301