Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 301

Author Topic: Could someone explain... The thread where we muse over what causes certain wtfs.  (Read 466698 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Candy is mostly just sugar, which is water, and thus sweat, soluble.

Why does adamantine clothing wear out? It's supposed to be indestructible.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Candy is mostly just sugar, which is water, and thus sweat, soluble.

Why does adamantine clothing wear out? It's supposed to be indestructible.

Because dwarves are just that epic, able to destroy indestructible clothing without even trying.

If dwarves hate nobility so much, why do they have it?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They are parasites who come to fort, forcing your dwarfes to accept them through mind control, only to play lazy freeloader in your fortress.

Why is the best drink in the whole game made from a berry the elves LOVE?

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they don't love it, they just want to hoard them so the dwarves can't have them.

how come soldiers can get ye flasks?
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile

Because they know that the correct command is to simply "get flask," having played all the proper aqueduct-OS dorfputer games.

Why don't dwarves use magnetite for anything but smelting?
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

Because the powers that be/overlord told them they couldn't use it to carve tables or blocks.

What do you do with golden salve?

Fallenworldful

• Bay Watcher
  • The Expert !!Newb!!
    • View Profile

You use it?

How can a ankle deep layer of water turn into a bronze colossus sized ice block?
The Vile Force of Darkness strikes Fallenworldful's Fortress, jamming the skull through the brain!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been knocked unconscious!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been struck down.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Because of quantum entanglement. When the water freezes, everything occupying that space and above is chilled to the point of them losing the ability to resist the ice. Also, the air carries an utterly unfathomable amount of water to be used when a puddle freezes to make it cubic.
*inhales*

Why is it impossible to cut apart a sponge?
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Because of quantum entanglement. When the water freezes, everything occupying that space and above is chilled to the point of them losing the ability to resist the ice. Also, the air carries an utterly unfathomable amount of water to be used when a puddle freezes to make it cubic.
*inhales*

Why is it impossible to cut apart a sponge?
In real life, Sponges are capable of reforming at a very slow pace, coming back together.
In DF, Sponges are magical, and thus can reform seconds after the obtrusion is removed.

What's the best way to launch elves out of your fortress if they get too uppity?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tie them up with pigtail ropes and put them into a large wooden catapult filled with less then adequate wooden crafts.  Then launch them into the river right before it freezes.

Where do the dwarves hide their mountainhome that not even a mighty adventurer can find it, yet war can be waged against it?
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

they hide behind shoddily inscripted invisible runes. goblins, with their omnicience, can find the door, if not break it. so can adventureers, but they have to examine every single wall tile to find it.

How come cats adopt dwarves, and not the other way round?
euphoric?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The dwarf will only ever choose to carry one parasite at a time, due to the beard interfering with their mental patterns. However, they cannot prevent advanced feline brainwashing methods.

Why do all mayors end up in the wrong place at the wrong time for their continued life?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They actually hate their job of doing nothing except giving quests to random people so much they'd rather suicide, only dwarven leaders do nothing, others become melancholic from it and choose to stand in front of random arrows. It also has something to do with dissatisfied locals and pushing.

Why are all battles I find in my current world's Golden Age 2200+ attackers vs 0 defenders with all their names containing a reference to fire? (Cremated, Inferno, Burning..)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*witty pop culture pun, combined with obscure Discworld reference*

why has no one EVER foremed an emotional attachment to a dorf? even the ones that, if they existed in another game, they would adored?
euphoric?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'm insulted. What, I'm not someone? I feel sad when my notable dwarves die untimely deaths, I get angry at the little gray g's when they kill a baby in front of its mother, I'm glad when a particularly annoying dwarf finally kills itself through stupidity.
...Not all emotions are positive, you know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 301