Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77249 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #435 on: August 04, 2011, 06:06:28 pm »

Extend.
I am sorry for making this day longer, guys.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 04, 2011, 06:09:48 pm »

The day has been extended to Tuesday, the 9th , 5:00 PM Central time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 04, 2011, 06:13:23 pm »

That's too long an extension.  Extend to Friday.  We need some time-pressure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 04, 2011, 06:15:37 pm »

Well, we normally extend three days, not counting weekends, but I'm sure you already knew that, and I am prone to agree with you, long day is long. As such.
The day has been shortened to Friday , the 5th , 5:00 PM Central time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 04, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »

That's too long an extension.  Extend to Friday.  We need some time-pressure.
Agreed.

I have not come to any decision on who is scum today, so I am not voting.
This is completely unacceptable if you're not working on the problem. Please don't let my current lack of a vote make you think it's ever okay to just shrug about who you want dead.

Urist, where are you? Who do you suspect? Sitting on your JC vote isn't helpful to town. You do want to be helpful to town, don't you?

Bd, don't you have anything better to do than ask for an extension?

Simple, haven't heard from you in a while either.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 04, 2011, 06:57:01 pm »

<.< I reallllly need to stop freaking out and avoiding the forums for days at a time. I'm lucky this game is hells of slow and keeps getting extended.

(At this rate, day 1 will be most important because it will be most of the game!)

Billybobfred: I do not recall ever interrogating you, so I will make a request. Similarly to those entries you have given for everyone above, I want you to give yourself an objective self-evaluation and add yourself to the wall, end result and all.
I can't give an objective evaluation of myself similar to the other players'. None of my actions look suspicious to me, even the really stupid ones, because I know why I did them. (I was kinda there!)

Literally anyone else would give a more objective evaluation.

You have as much access to CTRL+F as I did. And it will take you much less time, since you will be investigating only one person instead of eight.

That's a general "you", by the way; if anybody else wants to investigate me, don't hold back on Flandre's account.

... Though I might well look over my posts anyway. For completeness' sake, I guess.

Billybob: Finally, someone votes me and has actual reasoning behind the vote, I applaud you.
I notice you still haven't answered the question...

I mean, come on. I went out of my way to make it not about objective fact anymore, that's how tired I was of not being answered.

Also, complimenting someone for trying to kill you? Really unnerving. I sure hope that's what you were going for, because that's the only thing you got.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

Unvote
@IronyOwl I'm not as sure about jc as I was before, bd does seem the scummiest, but I'm not sure, I should question him some.

@Bd Do you have a rebuttal against your current lynchers?

@Vector As for my lurkiness, I just don't know what kind of questions to ask at this point in the game, I could ask some weird little, "If you were scum, what kind of blank would you blank" but that hardly seems helpful.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 04, 2011, 07:21:58 pm »

Well, while I feel Vector is also scum, I'm also inclined to unvote and vote Flandre. Because at least Vector is doing something today. Flandre is activelurking her time away.

I can't let you do that.

Also, nice to see you come back Urist.

Unvote
@IronyOwl I'm not as sure about jc as I was before, bd does seem the scummiest, but I'm not sure, I should question him some.

@Bd Do you have a rebuttal against your current lynchers?

@Vector As for my lurkiness, I just don't know what kind of questions to ask at this point in the game, I could ask some weird little, "If you were scum, what kind of blank would you blank" but that hardly seems helpful.
You should be focusing on how those previous questions were answered. We're far past RVS.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »

Webadict, there is going to be some point where some fucking evidence is needed from you, too.  Just so you know.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2011, 08:58:06 pm »

Billybobfred: I do not recall ever interrogating you, so I will make a request. Similarly to those entries you have given for everyone above, I want you to give yourself an objective self-evaluation and add yourself to the wall, end result and all.

Asking someone else to interrogate themselves for you, at this point of the game, is simply lazy.  It allows you to bend whatever they have to say to your whim.  Also permits you to never make any real effort.
I thought that a response would have been insightful at the time I posted this, but after some thinking, I felt terrible about it. I will gladly redact this and think of something else to ask him. 

I am not attacking your reasoning on any of these individual verdicts (I figure you know what you are doing through experience), but collectively, the chance of something being wrong somewhere is much more likely. None of what I have made bold I find to be especially conclusive, and are the weaker points that I think could be expounded upon to make them believable for the rest of us.

Indirect.  Passive.
While it is true that I am nervous to be among those three to whom you have narrowed down your suspicion (which is understandable, regardless of my alignment), I would like to note that circumventing an argument by simply suggesting that you reassess your list should not be confused with meekly pleading for the same.
Suddenly more italics, and you're telling us what's reasonable in advance.  Here's my reaction, my reaction's reasonable!  But I tried to cover it up, augh, flaiiil~!  Tell me, do you use italics when you're feeling especially emphatic?  Or nervous?  Do your sentences stretch out longer?  Here's a hint: normally, you use two clauses.  Here, when you start being forced to defend yourself, you stretch to three.

I'm getting a strong feeling of dishonesty from you.
I wanted to prod what I saw were flaws Wuba's list without trying to push him over for a response. The argument that you had with him the other day convinced me that both of you were town, and because of this, I figured there would be little to gain by kicking a response out of him. Ordinarily, I would not have minded, because I can read into an angry response more easily than I could a collected response. As I have pointed out above, though, I have cleared both of your names. It could be a flaw of mine that I try not to be confrontational wherever I can avoid it, and genial with every answer that I offer--I am like this in real-life, too. I was not expecting Wuba to lash out like he did in response to my post, and I was caught off-guard with my defenses down as a result; I might as well have been naked and guilty enough for both of the mafia. While my rebuttal did give me the information I wanted, it was apparently transparent enough to show my discomfort, despite my attempt to hide it.
I have not come to any decision on who is scum today, so I am not voting.

Go find some.

Honestly, you're playing too passively.  Get your hands dirty.  Attack someone.  Do you think it's going to be any easier to find scum tomorrow?

No.  So get to it.

I'll also note that you haven't responded to Webadict's statement that your behavior is scummy, either, despite posting in the topic.  That's a very bad sign.
I missed that post. I did not think to scroll up when I entered the thread via the 'Unread Posts' link at the top of the page.
Webadict, I will say that I hesitate to lynch someone if I am not entirely sure that they are scum. I do not plan on jumping on any bandwagons, so while I find jc and Bd suspicious, there is not enough for me to go on to vote for them. Simple and Urist have been absent for a while. Simple is an aggressive player who does not appear to be scummy, and Urist has been reserved even before his disappearance. Between the two, Urist seems the more suspicious, even though I have cleared him after my interrogation with him (which fell apart on a blunder I have made with post chronology). As noted above, both you and Vector appear to be town, and I have not even glanced in billybobfred's direction the entire game, up until he made that nice word wall. I figured that asking him to add himself to that wall would allow me to collect sufficient evidence to clear him before the day expired, but it was slapped down by Vector. IronyOwl is difficult to read, simply because he spends much of his time being an IC.

Does this theory apply so much in a BM, where the scum are sure to be nervous and among the most suspicious?

This implies that you know none of the ICs are scum, Flandre.

Now, how did you figure that out?
Because I asked specifically about Beginner's Mafia, I assumed that he knew that I was referring to novice players as they fit into both alignments. I am aware that an IC might also be scum, and that my question could have been more specific.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2011, 09:08:33 pm »

I apologize for not getting this out an hour ago, Vector. It is cut and dry, sure,  but I think it covers everything. Now I need to catch up with the end of the thread.
Heh, what a mess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »

Webadict, there is going to be some point where some fucking evidence is needed from you, too.  Just so you know.
Hahahahaha.

I love how badly I could technically get away without doing anything. Technically, if I make the scumteam lynch each other, do I get a gold medal? It goes nicely with my crown.

I've already provided evidence in the form of waiting for Flandre to do something.

Webadict, I will say that I hesitate to lynch someone if I am not entirely sure that they are scum. I do not plan on jumping on any bandwagons, so while I find jc and Bd suspicious, there is not enough for me to go on to vote for them. Simple and Urist have been absent for a while. Simple is an aggressive player who does not appear to be scummy, and Urist has been reserved even before his disappearance. Between the two, Urist seems the more suspicious, even though I have cleared him after my interrogation with him (which fell apart on a blunder I have made with post chronology). As noted above, both you and Vector appear to be town, and I have not even glanced in billybobfred's direction the entire game, up until he made that nice word wall. I figured that asking him to add himself to that wall would allow me to collect sufficient evidence to clear him before the day expired, but it was slapped down by Vector. IronyOwl is difficult to read, simply because he spends much of his time being an IC.
Tell me what it takes to be "entirely sure" someone is scum. Because you CANNOT be "entirely sure" someone is scum. Ever.

And as a little rolefishing bonus, if you claim Cop, I will let you live. If you aren't, then I'm afraid I have to help lynch you. Them's the breaks, kid. Sure, you might be killed tonight, but that's a risk I am willing to take. Especially since that makes me less of a target.

If you're wondering why I'm asking, it's that the only way you could be asking if someone is "entirely sure" is: 1) you're a Cop, and you have the one method of being "entirely sure," or 2) you're scum, and therefore you cannot be "entirely sure" of anyone's scumminess but your own. And your partner's. Who I'm prooooobably guessing is one of Vector or Urist.

Or, if you think you can manage the odds against this lynch, then feel free to claim vanilla.

Also, Urist. Congratulations on not doing anything. You'll be lynched second.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »

I can't give an objective evaluation of myself similar to the other players'. None of my actions look suspicious to me, even the really stupid ones, because I know why I did them. (I was kinda there!)

Literally anyone else would give a more objective evaluation.

You have as much access to CTRL+F as I did. And it will take you much less time, since you will be investigating only one person instead of eight.

That's a general "you", by the way; if anybody else wants to investigate me, don't hold back on Flandre's account.

... Though I might well look over my posts anyway. For completeness' sake, I guess.
I am glad to see that you took that request better than I thought you would have. What reason would you have to freak out and leave for days at a time, though?

Tell me what it takes to be "entirely sure" someone is scum. Because you CANNOT be "entirely sure" someone is scum. Ever.

And as a little rolefishing bonus, if you claim Cop, I will let you live. If you aren't, then I'm afraid I have to help lynch you. Them's the breaks, kid. Sure, you might be killed tonight, but that's a risk I am willing to take. Especially since that makes me less of a target.

If you're wondering why I'm asking, it's that the only way you could be asking if someone is "entirely sure" is: 1) you're a Cop, and you have the one method of being "entirely sure," or 2) you're scum, and therefore you cannot be "entirely sure" of anyone's scumminess but your own. And your partner's. Who I'm prooooobably guessing is one of Vector or Urist.

Or, if you think you can manage the odds against this lynch, then feel free to claim vanilla.
Wuba, you are reading into what I have said. By 'entirely' I meant something along the lines of 'with sufficient evidence to be'.
And no, I am not a cop.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:44 pm »

This is the part where you failed to claim town, and I start raising my eyebrow.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2011, 09:34:44 pm »

This is the part where you failed to claim town, and I start raising my eyebrow.
I thought that went without saying.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49