Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77243 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2011, 10:59:42 pm »

Sorry folks, been busy. I'll re-read the thread and try to post tonight or tommorow.
Oh, good! It is nice to see you back.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - One Replacement Needed
« Reply #316 on: July 31, 2011, 12:23:37 am »

@Flandre You say that I need a genuine argument to vote for jc. Did you not read my second post?

Sure jc, I voted for you because you seem pretty shifty, you change your views a lot, constantly accuse people, deflect questions with complaints about noobiness, and it seemed like as soon as you started getting some pressure you wanted to leave the game.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - One Replacement Needed
« Reply #317 on: July 31, 2011, 08:40:50 am »

@Flandre You say that I need a genuine argument to vote for jc. Did you not read my second post?

Sure jc, I voted for you because you seem pretty shifty, you change your views a lot, constantly accuse people, deflect questions with complaints about noobiness, and it seemed like as soon as you started getting some pressure you wanted to leave the game.
I have, but only on my second read-through, and even then out of order. I attacked what I thought was a lack of a proper response (which IronyOwl even cited a bit later), and only discovered your reasoning at about the time jc's 'noob shield' was brought into question. I erred when I bundled your argument in with that, and to me it appeared to be borrowing those points against jc. I did not mean to ruffle your feathers unnecessarily, but I now have a read on you, at the very least. 

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:11 pm »

@billybobfred: that question was: Is your current vote on bd lynching or is it still pressure? Also, ive noticed you havnt been asking a lot of questions recently. Why?
I answered that question. Admittedly, my answer was "I'm not sure, definitely one of those", but it was an answer.

As for your new question, I haven't been able to think of any that don't suck. I thought my first three were "kind okay i guess" at worst, but they were apparently shitty enough to get me into a long circular argument that still hasn't really been resolved and probably never provided anything useful at any point.

on a completely unrelated note, i am starting to really dislike the way bay12 plays mafia. it is probably objectively more effective than the ways i do like but urrgh so stressful. >.<
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:47 pm »

bluh typos

kinda*
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:05 am »

@Webadict Do you think Vector is scum? Or are you just suspicious?
Vector is scum. Whether I think so or not is pointless if I KNOW she is.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:47 pm »

@Simple Do you think jc is scum?
I think he made enough scummy moves to see reason behind other people votes on him but that's not enough for me. And i think you could get answer for this question just from looking at votes : person i put my vote on is the person i think is scum. Not that answer like that would be useful to anybody.

@FlandreWhy are you so defensive of jc?
He just happens to be the one people are  most suspicious of; where that person is, the scum will be also. In siding with the prospective lynch victim, I can attack his accusers in the hopes of gathering valuable intel.
This should be more productive than asking sterile questions, anyway.

So you believe scum would only attack person with most votes ? That's pretty silly assumption don't you think ? Also wouldn't that tactic be useless if the attacked person was scum ?

-snip-
I did not mean to ruffle your feathers unnecessarily, but I now have a read on you, at the very least. 
Would you mind to share your opinion on urist then ?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:55 pm »

He just happens to be the one people are  most suspicious of; where that person is, the scum will be also. In siding with the prospective lynch victim, I can attack his accusers in the hopes of gathering valuable intel.
This should be more productive than asking sterile questions, anyway.

So you believe scum would only attack person with most votes ? That's pretty silly assumption don't you think ? Also wouldn't that tactic be useless if the attacked person was scum ?
I think it would make sense for the scum to attack the townie who has attracted the most suspicion, to ensure that one of his own would not be lynched that night. You are right that this tactic would not work if the suspect were scum, but I do not think my reasoning was silly.

As for my read on Urist, I noticed that he did not prioritize self-defense over an inquiry on what appeared to be my protection for someone else (a scum-hunting gesture). It was not much--which is why I did not bother mentioning it--but it was enough to satisfy me. I do not think Urist is scum.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2011, 06:45:32 pm »

I'm here.  Sorry for all the crap.  My life sort of shook itself up.

I'm not scum, by the way, and from now on I intend to prove it.  Don't copy me, guys.  I've been playing dreadfully.

Rereading now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 01, 2011, 06:49:17 pm »

I'm not scum, by the way, and from now on I intend to prove it.  Don't copy me, guys.  I've been playing dreadfully.

Rereading now.
Been waiting for this for a while.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2011, 06:50:28 pm »

I know.  Sorry.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »

Rereading now.
You did nothing wrong; I just hope things work out better for you!
Also, Wuba apparently knows that you are scum. Now all I need is popcorn...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »

Wuba's gonna wub.

Nothing else to it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »

Rereading now.
Popcorn is for lurkers.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2011, 07:42:04 pm »

Rereading now.
Popcorn is for lurkers.
I can be that obnoxious movie-goer near the front of the theater. The one that talks at all the best moments?

Simple: If you were scum, who would you prefer as a scumbuddy, and why?
Vector: Upon rereading the thread, who do you think the scum are based on initial impressions, and why?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49