Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77236 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 7/7, 3/3 - D1 - Back to the Killing
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2011, 11:10:37 am »

Except, you're not pushing him or asking him anything; you haven't interacted with him at all in a long time. If it's "close," why aren't you pushing him and your other suspect(s) to see which one(s) are scum? If you're "not sure" that you're "satisfied" with his answer, why aren't you making sure or calling him out on it?

Furthermore, who is it close to? I haven't seen you accuse anyone else, at least in a long while, and yet now you've got someone who's close to your only stated suspicion all game? Who?
My other suspect is jc, but everyone seems to suspect him.
That is just untrue. I don't. I find him to be very much town. Why do you include me in this "everyone?" Please don't lie when the post above you says the exact opposite.

Why do you suspect him?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:03 am »

I suspect him because he's actively hiding behind the noob shield. It seems wrong, somehow.

You did say that you saw him as town and I guess I wasn't paying much attention to that for some reason? (another reason never to let me say things without a citation) So I guess it is not "everyone" that suspects jc so much as "a lot of people".
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2011, 11:47:09 am »

I suspect him because he's actively hiding behind the noob shield. It seems wrong, somehow.

You did say that you saw him as town and I guess I wasn't paying much attention to that for some reason? (another reason never to let me say things without a citation) So I guess it is not "everyone" that suspects jc so much as "a lot of people".
Explain further on this "noob shield." I have a real doubt people intend to be intentionally ignorant. You seem to have ignored the fact that, quite possibly, he IS new. Now, someone new in a beginner game... Impossible, yes?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

On an unrelated note, Bdthemag is absent from more than just this thread. His 'World of Khandor' game in these subforums has been inactive, as indicated by the last thing he has posted there, in response to an update request:
I'd like to note that I do updates if im feeling like it (Which is most of the time.), its just im not in a really good mood so and I prefer not to update while in a bad mood. Okay?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2011, 11:54:15 am »

Explain further on this "noob shield." I have a real doubt people intend to be intentionally ignorant. You seem to have ignored the fact that, quite possibly, he IS new. Now, someone new in a beginner game... Impossible, yes?
Obviously he's new. He wouldn't be able to hide behind the noob shield if he wasn't new, because he wouldn't have a noob shield.

It's actively hiding behind the noob shield that bugs me.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »

Ohhhh. . .urists vote was a lynch vote. I just assumed that I was the first person he wanted to question, and it was pre emptive pressure.  As for line breaks, its nigh on impossible to make line breaks when posting from a phone. @billybobfred: If you havnt noticed, Ive actually been trying to drop the "noob shield" since it seems to bug so many people. @urist: I dont really know at this point, but my order of suspicion is: Simple, bdthemag, you, (now) vector (since webadict has pointed out something I think we all missed), Urist McInternetuser, everybody else.
@Flandre: I dont think that that tactic is in progress right now, since I was acting scummy earlier. I could be wrong, and the addition of Urist has made me wonder about him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »

Obviously he's new. He wouldn't be able to hide behind the noob shield if he wasn't new, because he wouldn't have a noob shield.

It's actively hiding behind the noob shield that bugs me.
Which begs the question as to how a newbie would learn if they're not allowed to show that they have a lack of information in one area or another or signify that they are, in fact, new.

Ohhhh. . .urists vote was a lynch vote. I just assumed that I was the first person he wanted to question, and it was pre emptive pressure.  As for line breaks, its nigh on impossible to make line breaks when posting from a phone. @billybobfred: If you havnt noticed, Ive actually been trying to drop the "noob shield" since it seems to bug so many people. @urist: I dont really know at this point, but my order of suspicion is: Simple, bdthemag, you, (now) vector (since webadict has pointed out something I think we all missed), Urist McInternetuser, everybody else.
@Flandre: I dont think that that tactic is in progress right now, since I was acting scummy earlier. I could be wrong, and the addition of Urist has made me wonder about him.
What did I point out on Vector?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2011, 12:42:30 pm »

@webadict: You pointed out how she seemed to be involved, but was hardly actually activly scum hunting.  You pointed out that she may be hiding behind her ICing duties.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »

@Flandre What's wrong with starting off with an accusation? I had just read through the whole topic, and I strongly felt that jc was scum.
There is nothing wrong with making accusations, but you just seem so sure of his guilt so soon.
Jc has said some things that seemed off, but it only takes one misstep to spark a line of interrogations. He was under a lot of pressure, and had to say much to explain himself. Even a townie, especially as played by a novice, can say something off eventually; the interrogation magnet would, as a result, be tossed to him. I am not saying I disagree with you, but from the neutral perspective that I have adopted upon joining, you simply just stood out with your comment.
This sounds more like jc defense than pointing out flaw in urist play. And do you intend to maintain this 'neutral' stance ? That's not something i would name very good in mafia game. Well maybe not outright bad but anyway it's strange thing to call upon.

-snip-
Well maybe you're right , when i look at all her posts from perspective there's really scarce number of non-IC teaching content in them. However it's hard for me to judge how the IC's were meant to work so for now i'll take your word that's not enough playing and too much teaching.

So what's exactly your case on me except being a bit aggressive ( i feel like i'm aggressive enough to be frank so i'm not sure what to say about that) and not answering lazy questions ? Also, are you alright with no-reason votes on you ? Wait, you say you've been doing this noob shield thing purposefully ? Because i don't see how could you drop it if you were doing it unintentionally. Or i'm just mistaken what this term were to mean ? 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2011, 02:36:01 pm »

Well maybe you're right , when i look at all her posts from perspective there's really scarce number of non-IC teaching content in them. However it's hard for me to judge how the IC's were meant to work so for now i'll take your word that's not enough playing and too much teaching.
Feel free to compare it to BM XXV part 1. She's much more aggressive in that one, though I wouldn't use that too much. I'd assume that Town Vector would ALSO be less aggressive, though she would still attempt to be much more active in actually scumhunting.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »

@bdthemag you have two questions you have to answer from me.     billybobfred: you also have un answered questions.      @simple: you also have a question from me in an above post. Answer it.  As for the "noob shield", it was me giving the excuse that Im new to try and explaing things. When I say Im dropping that shield, it means Im going to try to stop using that as an excuse, because thats all it is. An excuse. As for my case on you, Im still not convinced you are scum. I just said you were number one on my list at the moment. You are aggresive, but I dont see much worth in your questions. It seems that you take the answers you get, and twist them around to make them seem scummy. That seems scummy to me, as scum would want to make others seem scummier than they. Its just wierd to me that you see every little thing as scummy. As for no reason votes, I am not okay with those. Im okay if they can at least give two good reasons to vote me, but a lynching vote with any less wont help town.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2011, 02:44:20 pm »

@urist: crap, I muffed up that list. It goes as follows: Simple, billybobfred, bdthemag, vector, you, every body else. I had just woken up when I wrote the original.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2011, 03:09:39 pm »

@bdthemag you have two questions you have to answer from me.     billybobfred: you also have un answered questions.      @simple: you also have a question from me in an above post. Answer it.  As for the "noob shield", it was me giving the excuse that Im new to try and explaing things. When I say Im dropping that shield, it means Im going to try to stop using that as an excuse, because thats all it is. An excuse. As for my case on you, Im still not convinced you are scum. I just said you were number one on my list at the moment. You are aggresive, but I dont see much worth in your questions. It seems that you take the answers you get, and twist them around to make them seem scummy. That seems scummy to me, as scum would want to make others seem scummier than they. Its just wierd to me that you see every little thing as scummy. As for no reason votes, I am not okay with those. Im okay if they can at least give two good reasons to vote me, but a lynching vote with any less wont help town.
Uh... Maybe i'm blind but i don't see any question there.Unless you're talking about 1 to 10 question from before then : 10 in scale where ten is scuminness of someone who i find most scummy at the moment.If you really need an serious answer on that let's say 6: something more that few slips but not enough to make him definite and obvious scum list leader. Really, it's hard to compare how sure i am in definite values and i i were to do that i would never use value like 1 or 10 because that never happens (unless you're scum of course) and what i would say would give you false view. About my questions, i just don't feel like i should leave out anything i find suspicious even if it's bit too small to be serious argument. And you contradict yourself in last two sentences unless you're alright with any reasonless vote that isn't lynching vote on you ?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »

I dont see how using values is scummy. Granted, I did forget to set the scale. I think I could learn more from something like this: On a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being no idea, and 100 being 100 % sure. For the vote, I meant that im okay with a vote if they have a good case against me, but not okay if its just a pressure vote someones sitting on.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2011, 03:32:17 pm »

I dont see how using values is scummy. Granted, I did forget to set the scale. I think I could learn more from something like this: On a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being no idea, and 100 being 100 % sure. For the vote, I meant that im okay with a vote if they have a good case against me, but not okay if its just a pressure vote someones sitting on.
I'm not saying using numbers is scummy it's just completely useless in my opinion except maybe if you have very detailed system which takes into account every single word someone says. Maybe i'm exaggerating but how would you tell difference between someone with 66% and 67% ? Numbers could probably be used to track scuminness of people other than your main suspects but i just can't think of any sensible way of describing exact case with numbers. You're ok with people attacking you nevertheless if you're town or scum ? You won't defend yourself from good attack ? Because that's how i read that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49