Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110901 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1200 on: July 23, 2012, 12:31:58 pm »

That is pretty nifty. Thanks for sharing. :D

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 23, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »

Watch for the incoming bans... or one of lesser degree... targeted rollbacks.  But, I think bans are more likely?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1202 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »

For me, it doesn't matter. I am unlikely to continue playing diablo 3 for much longer anyway. And I am unlikely to ever buy another blizzard product again. I would have felt ripped off if I had paid $20 for this game, but I paid over $60.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

Yeah, I'd really like to thank Blizzard for finally making the last game I'll ever buy from them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 23, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »

I'll just leave this here for you guys that want something else.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:20 pm »

Yeah, I'd really like to thank Blizzard for finally making the last game I'll ever buy from them.
For me, it doesn't matter. I am unlikely to continue playing diablo 3 for much longer anyway. And I am unlikely to ever buy another blizzard product again. I would have felt ripped off if I had paid $20 for this game, but I paid over $60.

Honest question, guys: What about Diablo 3 was the last straw that will prevent you from buying Blizzard games in the future?

As someone who stopped buying Blizzard games after the way they treated their customers in the wake of Diablo 2's release, I guess I don't really see Blizzard doing anything differently than what they've been doing for the past decade.

EDIT: I've also been hearing people say that they're no longer buying Blizzard games since the Warcraft 2 expansion and, well, everyone still buys the next Blizzard game. I'm curious as to whether this is an actual "I'm done" or a "I'm done until the Starcraft 2 expansion price drops".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:59:42 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 24, 2012, 12:12:30 am »

EDIT: I've also been hearing people say that they're no longer buying Blizzard games since the Warcraft 2 expansion and, well, everyone still buys the next Blizzard game. I'm curious as to whether this is an actual "I'm done" or a "I'm done until the Starcraft 2 expansion price drops".
... be careful with the word "everyone." Chances are pretty high it's going to be inaccurate. In this case, absolutely certain, because I exist, and haven't purchased (or even bothered to play through other methods!) a blizzard game since WC3. Don't have consistent enough Internet access to play D3, refuse to play SC2 unless there's major changes to how it handles custom maps. Probably one of maybe three people on this forum that's never played WoW. Some of us actually did mean it when we said, "Nope. Sorry, done."

Now... almost everyone -- that's probably fair :P

Still. Don't misuse everyone. That's a logical category that is incredibly difficult to actually fill.

tl:dr: Bad Ribbus! Don't misuse logic on the carpet!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:53 am »

I haven't bought a Blizzard game since D2.  Count me among the three who have never played WoW.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1208 on: July 24, 2012, 01:03:17 am »

Never played wow.
boycotted sc2 for the lack of lan play.
The only way I even consider blizzard again is if they own up to their mistakes and produce a redeeming game.
I will then wait until that redeeming game is on the bargain racks or buy it used.
I will never buy a new blizzard game again.
So, pretty serious.

Note that I have 1 copy of warcraft III and 2 or 3 copies of every other blizzard game (except wow and starcraft 2).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 24, 2012, 03:48:17 am »

I played WoW from beta through the end of Lich king. However... I will say if I hadn't gotten into it with a large group of RL friends I wouldn't have made it through BC. I don't hate the game, but when I left it had gotten very far away from the game it used to be, so I don't have any desire to go back.

SC2 was the first problem... campaign was fun but not replayable. Custom maps were blatantly fabricated for their sales pitches (they have never and will never work as demonstrated at the blizzcon reveal), but the users also don't help by just clicking SotIS and nexus wars over and over again. I decided I'd grind up enough cash in D3 to get the expansion for it, though, just for the campaign.

D3 is an embarassment. Horrid writing, pathetically shallow endgame, no build diversity. They failed on 80% of D2's draws and 90% of their selling points for D3. Then instead of fixing their shit, they... tweak drop chances? I've spent enough time waiting and hoping things get better, and this was their strike 3.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 24, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

I've just got to ask (and yes, I have bought 2 copies of 2 of them over the years, disc loss for one, expansions+box on sale release for another), but why on earth would you have 2-3 copies of all of them?

Saying that, I'll come back to D3. I've got some low level characters, but just haven't got around to playing much. I'm hoping the game gets better or cooler or something. Or the expansion does for D3 what LoD did for D2 (in the good sense). But I'll be back to it eventually. It'd probably better be within 6 months though. Just in case blizzard pretends the whole thing never happened.
It's a game. Have fun.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:36 am »

I'm not sure where the last straw was in D3. Maybe it was the draconian oversight that Blizzard had to exercise to police their own managed content system. Maybe it was the actual content, quality and design of the game they ultimately expected people to play for years. Maybe it was all the headaches caused by their content system, both on release and to the present. Maybe it was the ugly trend of the RMAH dictating how the game was going to get played, coded right into drop rates and gear properties. Maybe it's the fact that after 10 years of development, Blizzard still can't keep their own house clean of rats, despite the fact they own the entire system and maintain it. Or maybe it's the fact that, right now, you have to prove to Blizzard you're not a bot before you can play the game you paid for.

I've always liked Blizzard games, but rarely loved them. But I can't even say I really like D3 for what it is anymore. And the metric fucktons of BS wrapped up in the game makes me not want to experience what their next money-making scheme will be.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 24, 2012, 09:38:42 am »

I've always used the copies/accounts of my siblings while they were not playing... Well, everything after Brood War anyways.

But... I'm the bastard that usually pays out of pocket to get them that Blizzard game they wanted anyways.  So meh.

EDIT: Since we are all on a I hate D3 wreck here...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:43:00 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:56 am »

Just a note. I'm still digging the game. But I'm not a huge Blizzard fan.

It seems that the people who had a big Blizzard crush at one time are the most hostile toward the game. Never had a Blizzard crush. But Diablo 3 is better than Fate and Diablo 2. Haven't played the Torchlights though.

And under full confession, I have made around $60 selling stuff on the RMAH. Maybe that has turned what should be disapproval into approval. But any game that kept me playing for 90 hours is a good game in my book.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 24, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »

Long-term customers are more inclined to dislike it based on past experience from the company. I played D2 off and on for a decade. I got fed up with D3 in a month. To me, they gutted the franchise of what made it good and turned it into a pointless treadmill gold farm.

I think it's salvageable, but I don't think the new team has the wherewithal to do it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 98