Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 110887 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #1215 on: July 24, 2012, 12:37:20 pm »

You're probably right. I only played Diablo 2 for around a month. Got bored and moved on. I have played Diablo 3 longer.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1216 on: July 24, 2012, 02:44:17 pm »

I've just got to ask (and yes, I have bought 2 copies of 2 of them over the years, disc loss for one, expansions+box on sale release for another), but why on earth would you have 2-3 copies of all of them?

Saying that, I'll come back to D3. I've got some low level characters, but just haven't got around to playing much. I'm hoping the game gets better or cooler or something. Or the expansion does for D3 what LoD did for D2 (in the good sense). But I'll be back to it eventually. It'd probably better be within 6 months though. Just in case blizzard pretends the whole thing never happened.

Some of it was buying a new version when the old disks wore out, part of it was so I could mule items on battle net without dropping stuff on the ground. I could use a character on the second account on a second computer to store my incomplete sets and unique items without any risk.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 24, 2012, 06:32:44 pm »

Just tried playing a "I hate magic" Barbarian game. I only used white items and didn't even pick up magic ones. The game got surprisingly tricky pretty fast. I even died against Skeleton King once, and stopped playing after the moon clans and then all the guys in Halls of Agony killed me like 6 times in 10 minutes.

I was sure beating Normal would be pretty easy with this restriction, but it really isn't. There isn't even any source of HP regen until the Templar gets level 10. And you will never ever get any extra health or damage from armor items.

The game feels like it's on Hell from the start, which is sort of fun.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:28:39 am by LASD »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1218 on: July 25, 2012, 06:41:12 am »

templar heals = magic. if you're doing a no-magic game you can't give the templar any skills that are magical. :P

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 26, 2012, 01:24:10 am »

It's Sanctuary. My DH can dualfire crossbows like uzis, my witchdoctor has a small army of little-people hidden in her bra and my monk has a years supply of church bells.

Magic happens.
It's a game. Have fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1220 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05:52 am »

It's Sanctuary. My DH can dualfire crossbows like uzis, my witchdoctor has a small army of little-people hidden in her bra and my monk has a years supply of church bells.

Magic happens.
Just saying... if one is going to challenge oneself one may as well go all the way. I wasn't entirely serious, by the way.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 26, 2012, 09:23:57 am »

templar heals = magic. if you're doing a no-magic game you can't give the templar any skills that are magical. :P
Dammit, I guess I need to turn it off. I could make up a story of how he inspires me with his something or... okay, I'll turn it off. I think I'll manage, I just got Revenge, which actually heals quite a bit.

I was also thinking that I should avoid all skills that feel too magical. Like explosive Cleave or Hammer of the Ancients. I now have Frenzy, Rend, Stomp and Revenge, which all seem sort of physically feasible. Though stomping the ground so hard that anyone close by becomes disoriented is pretty fantastical, but so is jumping dozens of feet.

Don't ask me how hitting people with Revenge heals me in a non-magical way, I really need something to patch those wounds. Revenge gone, I'll make do with Leap, Stomp, health globes and potions.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:42:12 am by LASD »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1222 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:08 am »

For someone trying to complete the game without magic items... the witch doctor is one of the only classes (possibly the only class?) capable of buffing his primary stat without items.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1223 on: July 26, 2012, 11:51:03 am »

Dammit, I guess I need to turn it off. I could make up a story of how he inspires me with his something or... okay, I'll turn it off. I think I'll manage, I just got Revenge, which actually heals quite a bit.

I was also thinking that I should avoid all skills that feel too magical. Like explosive Cleave or Hammer of the Ancients. I now have Frenzy, Rend, Stomp and Revenge, which all seem sort of physically feasible. Though stomping the ground so hard that anyone close by becomes disoriented is pretty fantastical, but so is jumping dozens of feet.

Don't ask me how hitting people with Revenge heals me in a non-magical way, I really need something to patch those wounds. Revenge gone, I'll make do with Leap, Stomp, health globes and potions.
HEALTH GLOBES AND POTIONS ARE MAGICAL! ARGLBARGLE! :P

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:53 pm »

Wouldn't potions be herbs and stuff, so chemical, rather than magical?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 26, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

... not to the extent health potions function in almost any RPG. Might come from herbs, maybe, but I imagine those herbs have "natural" defenses pulled from the wizard's skill list. When you cut them, their sap ignites and jumps at you, screaming wildly and insulting your parentage.

So. Magical. Yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:44 pm »

HEALTH GLOBES AND POTIONS ARE MAGICAL! ARGLBARGLE! :P

Well, at least potions have something in them that could presumably heal you, not just something out of thin air. And health globes are just pretty much unavoidable based on game mechanics, especially if you are a Barbarian.

In related news, I just beat the Butcher without any magic items used at all. I didn't even die as Iron Impact makes the game a LOT easier. You get over 1000 armor for 4 seconds and Stomp gives you a 3 second stun, so there's 7 seconds to semi-safely bash on monsters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1227 on: July 26, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »

I'd love to see the herbs/chemicals that can take you from nearly dead to perfectly healthy in minuted.  :D

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 26, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »

I'd love to see the herbs/chemicals that can take you from nearly dead to perfectly healthy in minuted.  :D

I have heard that is what meth addicts feel.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1229 on: July 26, 2012, 01:03:15 pm »

I have heard that is what meth addicts feel.
That only applies to the secret whimsy world.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 98