Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bay 12 Gun Thread  (Read 13456 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Gun Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »

Since we're posting ridiculous guns:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yup, gunswords are totally a real thing. Deal with it, final fantasy gunsword haters.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 02:25:56 pm »

Wow. Gonna have to see about getting a mockup of one of those, it'd be brilliant for a Steampunk cosplay.

I've fired a small shotgun a few times at clay pidgeons, which was brilliant (I even hit once or twice!), but otherwise I'm a bit of a novice in terms of guns. Definitely watching this thread in jealousy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 04:27:33 pm »

I don't own any firearms, but posting to watch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2011, 05:14:30 pm »

Have a 1932 91/30 Tula Nagant, Colt Python, Ruger Mark III, Ruger .22-250, A few odd .22 rifles, .30-06 that was built by my great grandfather, .32 Cobra Derringer, and a Winchester SX3 12 gauge. .22s are fun to shoot, but it gets old really fast.. if your looking for something bigger get a Nagant the 7.62x54R is comparable to a .308, can get ammo for .15 cents a round, and they are easy to clean and maintain. Can't go wrong for $100-$150. I know they were used as sniper rifles, but don't think they are even close to as accurate as a modern rifle. You can except decent groups, but they aren't anything special.  Shot a few glocks too, not a big fan.. Don't like the way they fit in my hand.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:16:45 pm by atomicwinter »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »

I am considering investing in a Mosin Nagants but I have been advised against it is a poor first gun because of devolving a flinch.

On top of that I am not a very large person an a full on rifle may not be the best choice for me, Considering an SKS or M14 to go target shooting with buddies but I gotta be careful because of California's bizarre arms laws.
I do wanna get some practice before I apply to armed service because when I was younger I was a horrible shot with larger weapons.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:24:32 pm by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 07:13:11 pm »

I am considering investing in a Mosin Nagants but I have been advised against it is a poor first gun because of devolving a flinch.

On top of that I am not a very large person an a full on rifle may not be the best choice for me, Considering an SKS or M14 to go target shooting with buddies but I gotta be careful because of California's bizarre arms laws.
I do wanna get some practice before I apply to armed service because when I was younger I was a horrible shot with larger weapons.
I would go for the SKS, the Ammo is still relatively cheap, and the recoil is pretty light, just a little thump. They use to be cheap as the Mosin, but recently they went up in price. You could find a good used one from a private seller for a good price. Don't buy one at a gun shop, you can get a much better deal. M14, Ar15, M16, and all those variants are relatively expensive. Around $750-1000 for entry level, thou I am sure you could find a good used one again from a private seller. .223 is a little more pricy than 7.62x39. The recoil is really non existent on those, at least to me. If you are on a budget, you could find a used .22 rifle for $50 or less, they really last forever so don't be afraid of an older one.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 07:26:37 pm »

If you can afford one, those AR-15s are really nice (although I prefer the more historical rifles). The recoil is basically null thanks to the spring in the butt. I've used them at target shooting 200 yards. They're also really modular and customizable- I strongly recommend that you look up what you want and assemble it, if you get an AR-15.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »

nope, and probably never will.

Britain has strict gun control. my next door neighbour had to do a lot to get his rifle for vermin shooting (rats. they breed like shit)

Really? I stayed in the country for a week and all I heard was the sound of people shooting game for the entire time.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 07:32:10 pm »

A lot of gun laws are city-based. You'll have a lot harder time getting permission (probably have to go to a designated range) to own or discharge a firearm in London than out in the country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 09:00:19 pm »

I have shot a .22lr rifle, .410 shotgun, a .38 special revolver and an M9 9mm. I don't own any real guns at the moment.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 09:03:40 pm »

I don't own any guns myself but my father has enough guns and ammo to supply a whole militia lol. I only really shoot rifles, never cared much for handguns. I usually choose to take either the M14, one of the shotguns (with slugs), or the .45 lever action rifle when we go shooting. The M14 is my favorite gun though. It has great power, accuracy, and reliability. They were foolish to discontinue it and destroy the majority of them in my opinion.

I haven't been to the range in years due to bad eyesight screwing up my aim and depression though. I suppose I should get some practice in this summer...
My personality profile.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06:53 pm »

So I was looking around at handguns, and I was thinking of getting one. What would you guys suggest to someone who has never fired a handgun before?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2011, 09:12:57 pm »

They didn't let me shoot the 75mm M2 cannon on that Chaffee, but I got to aim it at a T-34/76. Something about being indoors.

You want a handgun and have never fired a handgun before? Have you fired anything else before? Have you owned anything else before?
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2011, 09:13:58 pm »

So I was looking around at handguns, and I was thinking of getting one. What would you guys suggest to someone who has never fired a handgun before?

When I went shooting over break, neither I, nor the person I was with had shot a handgun before~
He bought himself the Smith and Wesson M&P~
It's a great pistol~
Very easy to use, and the recoil is very smooth~
Meh accuracy, but you can't expect anything more from a handgun~ :\

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2011, 09:19:23 pm »

Uh. There's several Smith aand Wesson M&Ps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5