Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103436 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #690 on: October 16, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »

Well, there we've got a few jobs done and a spontaneous invitation to some corp and some early grinding going on.

And apparently I flubbed up as far as what skills Pilot needed.  Ah well.  May not be an ace, but I should still be able to get to a passable level.  Locksmith's still a future goal too.

And wahoo, first medic raw is such a lovely, happy, shiny grind...

I've had thoughts before about rolling someone with high Brains and Cool, and then making early money off of scamming.  But then I have a sneaky suspicion that I'd be even more pathetically hopeless at combat than I am now, which is saying quite a bit.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 16, 2012, 02:45:36 pm »

Well if you don't mind spending a little money, you can always buy a bit of clothing from that store in the gated community north of FC. Depending on what you wear, even a guy with extremely low brains and cool can reliably scam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 16, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »

Reliably, yeah (well, semi-reliably), but the payouts aren't as big.  With big stats you can pull in 1-2k+ from your average rube, and the W-U employees are even more loaded than your standard Slagtown Slag.  I dabbled in the whole "put four tophats on and get that diamond grill, Chudnigga" back in the old days, but I saw the Brains/Cool combo as having some potentially interesting opportunities, like possibly branching into blades or pistols instead of (the then god-awful without godlike specialization) whips, or maybe being able to handle explosives without freaking out and jamming an A-bomb through your skull in panic.

I just have to remind myself that I'm actually not that bad-off at the moment, and that the build I have could potentially get very useful.  It's just...  EARLY RAWS!  YAY!  DEATH BY DOGS!  YAY!

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2012, 03:09:19 pm »

Hey, screw you, Beorn and I rocked whips before they got buffed to hell and back.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 16, 2012, 03:18:47 pm »

Hey, screw you, Beorn and I rocked whips before they got buffed to hell and back.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my death screams.

Although, having been a crafter build anyways, I probably shouldn't be griping about not being able to lay down the whuppin'.  It's just that I was simmin' smoothly and crafting armadillo suits while installing/removing implants and performing brain surgery, and the most threatening enemy I could reliably take on solo was a Bradbury zombie.  And even then, just the one at a time.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 16, 2012, 05:26:46 pm »

Welp, the griefers are back. The P corp is very scary and killing everyone, so watch out for them. Lost all my stuff because I was idling :S Luckily I have some money because cams aren't so hard to get now, so I managed to get at least one modded Flash Whip from Sargos and some cheap armor.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 16, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »

What? There's enough people around for griefer corps to be around now?

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »

What? There's enough people around for griefer corps to be around now?

Theres always griefers in the woodwork.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 16, 2012, 07:49:29 pm »

So, I want to try this out but I can't connect - attempting to connect to hell.meux.org just disconnects me instantly and the wiki link in the OP leads nowhere.

I'm using MUSHclient. Halp?

OK so I found an actually working wiki, sorta, and found what the actual address is. But attempting to connect results in a connection refused error.

Since people don't pay attention, repost.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:04 pm »

Didn't someone else have that problem? or atleast a similar one because his ISP had gotten banned somehow.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2012, 01:20:19 am »

Does seem a bit funny that someone who hasn't played yet will already have been banned, but I guess that might be possible if Mada really did ban entire IP ranges.

I used MUSHclient because SimpleMU decided it didn't want to live anymore, and I got in just fine.  Just plugged in the name, address and port, and up it came.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:44 am »

Wonder if I should reroll and take up being a gay elf magic using hobo abom again

Or maybe be a brainspire...

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2012, 12:00:38 pm »

Wonder if I should reroll and take up being a gay elf magic using hobo abom again

Or maybe be a brainspire...

Be either zombie or abom, live in the ocean and come up only to terrorize people with flails and wrestle, then slip back under the waves.

~spooky~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2012, 01:50:04 pm »

Well, alright.  Just got told by Morgan that my build is effectively worthless.  Interesting.

So, apparently, thanks to the way gymming and raws are handled now, the really only effective or reasonable alternative is to roll a combat build, max out your fightin' skills and then gym whatever support thingies you might want.

Seems terribly uniform to me.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:51 pm »

I managed fine with by advancing brain skills and guns simultaneous when i played. didn't leave FC nor jump anything hard for a while though but i didn't really need to either.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51