Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103485 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #600 on: October 11, 2012, 11:51:46 pm »

Is it still hell.meux.org port 7777? It disconnects immediately after attempting to connect.
It should be, let me ask mada. Just an instant disconnect?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 12, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »

I'm using MUSHclient 4.73

World Name    :HATEmoo
TCP/IP Address:hell.meux.org
Port                :7777
Code: [Select]
--- Connected on Friday, October 12, 2012, 10:06 PM ---
*** Disconnected ***
--- Disconnected on Friday, October 12, 2012, 10:06 PM ---
--- Connected for 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. ---

--- Received 5 lines, sent 0 lines.
--- Output buffer has 18/5000 lines in it (0.4% full).
--- Matched 0 triggers, 0 aliases, and 0 timers fired.
The "HATEmoo" server has closed the connection
nothing

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 12, 2012, 09:24:26 pm »

I'm using MUSHclient 4.73

World Name    :HATEmoo
TCP/IP Address:hell.meux.org
Port                :7777
Code: [Select]
--- Connected on Friday, October 12, 2012, 10:06 PM ---
*** Disconnected ***
--- Disconnected on Friday, October 12, 2012, 10:06 PM ---
--- Connected for 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. ---

--- Received 5 lines, sent 0 lines.
--- Output buffer has 18/5000 lines in it (0.4% full).
--- Matched 0 triggers, 0 aliases, and 0 timers fired.
The "HATEmoo" server has closed the connection

Looks like you're banned, son.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 12, 2012, 09:48:16 pm »

Well, I didn't do anything, unless you can get banned for not logging in for a while.
nothing

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32:01 am »

Well, I didn't do anything, unless you can get banned for not logging in for a while.
Try to figure out how to send mada an email.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 13, 2012, 04:54:41 am »

I might give this a try when I feel like a non-shooter type game during my month away from Illyriad, at least until the excellent Aurora's post release bugs have been fixed a bit. I've always been a fan of the HELL and HATE thread(s) here on B12. I don't know if I'll stay for long but if I like it who knows. I've read the past five or six pages; I suppose I should ask if the admin problems I've read about are over and whether or not a 100% new player would enjoy their time in the current game; and whether or not I can expect to have that enjoyment crushed by admins after a few days or a week?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 13, 2012, 05:39:49 am »

I suppose if you keep your head down and off the *nets, there is some enjoyment to be found, but it doesn't bustle with the life and drama that once made it a good game, and seems to be now a shell of its former self. Just not the same without some random guy coming out of nowhere to gank you and then invite you into a modest corporation, whereupon you learn of the tilde of whimsy and how to run an effective brainy combat build to the point of being able to assist in the house cleaning of the server's major power.

I haven't played for more than an hour total in the last few years, and there are rarely more than five people on at any one point in time. Seems like it is periodically updated, but to what end I do not know. I still log in periodically to check, but almost never to play anymore. I dunno, it just feels like it lost that spirit~
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 13, 2012, 06:08:48 am »

...and how to run an effective brainy combat build to the point of being able to assist in the house cleaning of the server's major power.

What madness is this you speak of?  An effective brainy combat build?  Surely you mean "an effective brainy RUNNING AWAY build"?

Just considered something though...  With almost no players online, this would probably be a grand time to run in and start grinding like a massive prat.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 13, 2012, 06:33:22 am »

Max reflexes and senses, dodge and whips, add in a dash of iron liver, some general soak mutations (currently high density, snakeskin, salamander and yeti skin) and voila.

You've got a fast hitting, very dodgey support build that will continuously regenerate health over the course of a fight. I guess it was less a brainy build than a support build, as I never maxed brains (13 trained, 16 with mutations as of this writing), but it is much easier to build into it due to things used for maxing reflexes and sense such as swollen brain, twitchy nerves, nimble fingers, bloodhound and junkrat.

Still simmed like a boss, and was pretty good for my level at picking locks, hacking things and making new stuff after I lost it learning. 35 whips unbuffed, too, so not too terrible. Double flash whips or a similar high end weapon (with flash whips being preferable due to their already fast speed) and you're golden, but I used those nail sjamboks relentlessly for a very long time. Blink, phase and smoke for when things got hairy, screech for a decent debuff even if your opponent resists, and superclot/hyperimmune for disease and bleed resists.

I had planned on going Hideous Freak after a mutation or two (primarily the shocker one, as it seemed to be extremely useful for making me have to carry no more defibs) but I quit before I got that far.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:42:07 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 13, 2012, 06:52:00 am »

Yeah, that's really just more a combat build with a sideline in support activities.  Still worth noting though, and probably a fair sight more generally effective than I was.

However, the problem with brain-builds is that, in a corp/group environment, you need to be the very best at what you do in order to be useful.  For combat skills, so long as you can chip away at someone without dying immediately then you're serving some use, but all the hacking/crafting/shallacking activities that are based on brains kind of require that you've got the highest focused stat/skill ranking in those areas as you can get.  A lower level will only serve to create an inferior result, and won't help anything.

Think about it.  Your brain hurts, and you find yourself being more retarded than usual.  You want someone to root around in your fond synthetic memories and sort things out.  Do you hire A) The dashing adventurer with 16 brains and a decent medic skill, or B) The 27-brains sperg with paper skin and glass bones and a godlike gift for surgery?

The consequences of getting someone less-qualified for a brains-related job are far higher than for combat.  For combat, there's a fairly wide margin where the end result is the thing is just as dead as any other option, but slightly quicker/slower.  But when you're dealing with medicine and crafting, you risk losing your life, your stats, or your precious rare text if you're not quite spergtastic enough.

When you're on your own though, you'll probably be far better off with just some solid combat abilities and a smattering of assisting skills to let you make the most of whatever stuff comes your way.  Being able to reliably use hypos and medkits lets you be far more self-sufficient, even if you shouldn't really be poking too many fingers into grey matter or expensive, explosive simulators.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 13, 2012, 01:38:06 pm »

Ironically, that's not strictly true, at least once you figure out the numbers required. For instance, I just demuted. I am a gunner focus build, with a side bent of crafting. The ONLY things I wont be able to make or do are, pick diamonds with shockmaster, craft things with insanely high brain reqs, and a few other, minor things. I will grant that it requires a SHIT TON more experience then it would take to get a dedicated crafter off the ground, but it is not impossible. Currently, I am a clean human, with 30 total focus, so I can blink, and enough hack and locksmith to pick a plat lock. Medic is good enough for implants and brain surgery, though it always helps to have more, and I can use a portal gun without buffs of any sort.

Sadly, there was a myth, long thought true, that to craft, one must be dedicated. It does help to get you crafting faster, but isn't required, especially with the immense buffs to whips.

Edit: I would also add that guns are extremely useful for that as well, since some of the best speedcap at around 13-14 brawn. I have 18 raw brawn, I could have maxed out brain if I didn't want to use ALL the guns.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 13, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »

Ah.  Well then.  Is that true primarily because of the changes in skill and experience gain, or was it also true in the old days?  Because I seem to recall there being some caps on skill levels and/or experience that meant that unless you specialized, you simply COULD NOT attain the higher levels required.

Not like I was ever any particularly great master of the game, mind.  I mean, I did pick CHUD after all (mainly because everyone said you shouldn't).

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 13, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »

Chud is great fun. I once ran a chud scavenger with the highest scavenge skill imaginable. I'd loot crystaline teeth from the wastes all day every day and make millions.

Could someone point me towards the hellmoo thread, i cant seem to find it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »

Learning and grinding costs were greatly reduced. It is VERY close to the same amount of xp spent regardless of grind or teach, and overall costs are much lower as well.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 13, 2012, 02:24:54 pm »

It was -technically- possible before too, but it's a lot more feasible now.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51